Purple annual report

qwerty123

Reaction score
read SEC annual report www.purple.us lots shocking infromation! :eek3:

$287 million debt 26 call center former employees pay off $15000 month

35 people laid off April 2009

enjoy excerpt

We also rely on certain technologies that we license from third parties. These third party technology licenses may not continue to be
available to us on commercially attractive terms.

As March 22, 2009, the Company had a total of 570 full-time or full-time equivalent employees.

We are integrating five businesses that previously operated independently as GoAmerica Communications, Verizon’s TRS division, HOVRS, SLA and VLI. We cannot assure you that we will be able to integrate and manage these businesses effectively.

We have incurred a significant amount of indebtedness that could adversely affect our operations and financial results and impact our ability to satisfy our obligations.
We had approximately $70 million of indebtedness as of December 31, 2008.

We face significant competition which may negatively impact usage of our services or cause us to lose business opportunities.

We may not have access to sufficient liquidity in the event holders of our Series A Preferred Stock elect to redeem their stock. stocks drop $1000 to $2.80

We have historically incurred losses and these losses will continue in the foreseeable future.
The Company has never earned a profit. We had net losses applicable to common stockholders of $8.2 million, $3.8 million and $2.0
million for the years ended December 31, 2008, 2007 and 2006, respectively.

Failure to achieve or sustain our revenue or profit goals would adversely affect our results of operations.

We may need additional funds which, if available, could result in increased interest expenses or additional dilution to our stockholders.
If additional funds are needed and are not available, our business could be negatively impacted.

The Company plans include the launch of new products and we cannot be sure of its acceptance in the marketplace.

We will depend on limited sources for the mobile video phone, which exposes us to risks related to product shortages or delays, as well as potential product quality issues, all of which could increase the cost of our products and reduce our operating profits. Our mobile video phone is available from limited outside supplier(s) due to unique component designs, as well as certain quality and performance requirements. If our mobile video phone becomes unavailable in sufficient quantities in the desired time periods, is discontinued or is available only on unsatisfactory terms, we would be required to purchase the product from other sources and may be required to redesign our product to use components which could delay production and delivery of our product.

want hear more? read report

That's not good there, guess the MVP and other products won't be free anymore.

can you please cite those sources with direct links. Just pointing to purple.us does not make it a valid source.

I agree with NightwarriorJin. It would be important to use citation based on the source you trying to prove. Pointing to purple.us proved no source coming from that statement. I would be careful if I were in your shoes. If you are caught with false information, it can be used against you in the court of law. Ever heard of plagiarism? I would suggest you do more research before you post it online. Next time, use your CITATION.

There is no such report - from the link the OP provided, but this is what I found, which has no relevant info from this OP

News

March 31, 2009 5:00 pm

PURPLE™ COMMUNICATIONS™ ANNOUNCES FOURTH QUARTER 2008 AND YEAR END RESULTS

NOVATO, Calif., March 31, 2009 -- Purple Communications, Inc. (Nasdaq:GOAM), a leading provider of video and text relay services, and professional interpreting for deaf, hard-of-hearing, and speech-disabled persons, today announced results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2008. Earlier today, the Company filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2008. Total revenue for the three months ended December 31, 2008 was $34.6 million, compared to $5.2 million for the three months ended December 31, 2007. Total revenue for fiscal year 2008 was $130.1 million compared with $18.6 million for 2007. Revenue growth, both quarterly and annually over last year, was primarily attributable to the January 10, 2008 acquisitions of certain assets of the Telecommunications Relay Services ("TRS") division of MCI Communications Services, Inc., a leading provider of relay services transactions, and Hands On Video Relay Services, Inc., a California-based provider of video relay and interpreting services; as well as Sign Language Associates, Inc. and Visual Language Interpreting, Inc., DC-based providers of community in-person interpreting services both of which the Company acquired on July 1, 2008. In addition, the Company experienced organic growth from its video relay services.
Net loss for the three months ended December 31, 2008 was approximately $3.9 million compared with a net loss of $1.3 million for the three months ended December 31, 2007. Net loss for the year ended December 31, 2008 was approximately $5.0 million compared with $3.7 million for the year ended December 31, 2007. Net loss applicable to common shareholders, when taking into account the $0.9 million of accrued preferred stock dividends, was $4.7 million or $0.53 per common share, for the three months ended December 31, 2008 compared with a net loss $1.3 million, or $0.56 per common share, for the three months ended December 31, 2007. The net loss applicable to common shareholders for the year ended December 31, 2008 was approximately $8.2 million, or $0.92 per common share, when taking into account the $3.2 million of accrued preferred stock dividends, compared with a net loss applicable to common shareholders of $3.8 million, or $1.68 per common share, when taking into account $0.1 million of accrued preferred stock dividends, for the year ended December 31, 2007.
Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization ("EBITDA"), which is a non-GAAP measure, for the year ended December 31, 2008 was $20.4 million, when adjusting for approximately $3.1 million of non-cash employee compensation charges, $1.1 million of restructuring charges, and $6.0 million of integration costs related to the acquisitions as measured under the terms of the Company's credit agreements.
Cash provided from operations for the year ended December 31, 2008 was $5.6 million, principally resulting from income from operations. Capital expenditures for the year ended December 31, 2008 were $4.8 million, used primarily to fund capacity expansion for call center operations, telecommunications infrastructure upgrades, and a new production network platform. In addition, the Company invested $7.7 million in subsequent acquisition costs, net of acquired cash for the above referenced transactions.
As of December 31, 2008, the Company had approximately $13.2 million in unrestricted cash and cash equivalents as well as $0.4 million in restricted cash. Additionally, the Company has $13.0 million of borrowing capacity under its revolving line of credit. As of December 31, 2008, the Company is in full compliance with the terms of its credit agreements.
"During the fourth quarter, we made significant progress in our integration efforts, and are on track to substantially complete integration by the end of the first quarter of 2009," said John Ferron, Purple's CFO and COO. "We've focused a significant part of our efforts on strengthening operational efficiency with new structure, processes, and systems, while also investing in our staff throughout the second half of 2008. We believe these are the right steps to enable growth and enhanced margins in 2009 as we leverage our existing cost infrastructure. We will continue to monitor our business performance and make adjustments accordingly."
"Given the current national macro-economic environment, we are fortunate that Purple's revenues are diversified, and that our services are critical to everyday communication for our deaf and hard-of-hearing customers," said Dan Luis, Purple's CEO. "We are well positioned to benefit from our new product and service bundled offerings and a more robust outreach and customer support organization. I am optimistic that our investment in these areas coupled with the dedication to the qualities that identify us as the employer of choice will pay off with increased market share."

Link: Press Release

There is such a report.

Investor Relations

Click on "SEC Filings" You'll want the 31-Mar-2009 10-K Annual Report. Take your pick on the right for which version you want (PDF, DOC, XLS).

This is Purple Comm's investor report ending 12/31/2008. The statements qwerty123 made are in this document, starting on page 13.

There is such a report.

Investor Relations

Click on "SEC Filings" You'll want the 31-Mar-2009 10-K Annual Report. Take your pick on the right for which version you want (PDF, DOC, XLS).

This is Purple Comm's investor report ending 12/31/2008. The statements qwerty123 made are in this document, starting on page 13.
thanks dennis.

I just find it a bit unrealistic when it come to classifying this as "new" current event. This is from last year, and lot of things changed.
:shrug::shrug:

Also, according to OP
35 people laid off April 2009

where? the last year doesnt cover the future.

thanks dennis.

I just find it a bit unrealistic when it come to classifying this as "new" current event. This is from last year, and lot of things changed.

Also, according to OP

where? the last year doesnt cover the future.

:gpost:

I agree with this Nightwarrior....Where the source that says 35 people got laid off? :shrug:

None new about op's attacks on any VRS! :shrug:

Last edited:
There is such a report.

Investor Relations

told you there is A report

35 people lay off former purple worker tell me former purple manager tell me
Ed’s Telecom Alert NECA Report to FCC

chevy57 nathan maybe next on purple list watch your back

nathan ready for deaf expo tomorow in Purto Rico

drop stock!
Purple Communications Inc (PRPL) - Stock chart, Index chart - MSN Money 10 year!

thanks dennis.

I wouldn't say this isn't NEW, but it isn't old news either. Companies take time to analyze their business, write the report, then release it after double checking everything. It's only been available to the public for a little over a month now. Companies don't turn on a dime - so their financial health, their debt, all that, is an indication of the level of service you can expect going forward.

So for investors and consumers alike, this information is absolutely vital. The question is, for the alldeaf readers, how much of this 10-K makes any sense? I read through and understood it, and I have my opinion of the business, but does anyone else here realize?

I understood the report clearly, If I am going to invest my money, and my time I would expect "Return On Investment". I wouldn't invest if there won't be a profit for a long time, or even worse "Never".

Because what I read in that report, it looks like there wont be any Return On Investment for a super long time, so I would not invest into that company, too risky and I see fat chance that I would lose money on them, no thanks!

Some of you say, this is one year old, one year old isn't going to be any difference as if it were yesterday. The only difference I would see is if I can compare report from last year AND 7 years ago. So far, it mentioned that they never made a profit, and they mentioned that they started in 1999 and it is already 10 years old... that is BAD!

I would steer away from companies with bad financial report.

DHB

Back