Public transportation as if they are your car

if gas price goes up to $4, will you still drive your car?

Miss*Pinocchio said:
yeah heck, i'll still be driving.. even if it tops $6 a gal.. i'll still be driving :D I have to drive... its part of living

DeafSCUBA98 said:
yeah heck, i'll still be driving.. even if it tops $6 a gal.. i'll still be driving :D I have to drive... its part of living

You're crazy! I'm not driving if it hits $4 per gallon, no thanks! I'd take public transportation or worse case ride bike to work.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
Yes, I have to go to work.

Miss*Pinocchio said:

yup i wud. i can cut my food budget for gas expense...*thinking of a way to loose some weights* :)

i always drive my blazer to work. It about 30 miles a day from work and home. They do have public bus in Farr West but their time is limited and take longer to arrive my work. The gas price keep hike up and there is nothing stop me to drive my Blazer. My Blazer get about 18 to 19 mpg. So i get used to it.

sequoias said:
You're crazy! I'm not driving if it hits $4 per gallon, no thanks! I'd take public transportation or worse case ride bike to work.
well not crazy.. there's many alternate ways of paying gas that you don't need to pay money on something else.. for example.. i tend to go out to eat at fast food restruant for lunch.. but i can quit that and use that money for gas expense..

DeafSCUBA98 said:
or this car :D

hell that car's cramped! Looks like a micro machine toy, that picture gave me a flashback! Nice photoshop work! :P

gas prices not only effect drivers, but also other people...
such as business owners and rich people...
cause many people are cutting back on stuff.

And these gas prices are like half of an hour salary of what most people make... Wow.

I drove the car in the garage 5 times this month, and it seems
like I spent most of the time at the gas station than on the road.

It seems like the people with Blazer or SUV, that they spent 50 dollars a week and that like $200 a month or more. True?
Plus with insurance and car payment... Ack!!! Cost more than the house note, huh?

DeafSCUBA98 said:
acually i live in kandiyohi county.. 2 hours west of twin cities.. there won't be metro bus transit anyway.. cuz its a small town

Anyway i plan to go somewhere near brooklyn park or anoka.. i think there's one at northtown mall in coon rapids or brookdale in brooklyn center (i don't want brookdale.. that place is horrified)

Hello DeafScuba98,

Okay, the Hwy 12 leads to Minneapolis from near willmar, use Hwy 12 all way to Minneapolis, once the Hwy 12 will become I-394 and then gets off at I-394 and Ridgedale Drive, look for the roadside boards (either electronics or temporary traffic signs) that indicating "State Fair Park and Ride". The express shuttle buses at the Ridgedale Shopping center's Park and Ride lots (near sears).

Hopefully, you get there :)

Miss*Pinocchio said:
gas prices not only effect drivers, but also other people...
such as business owners ...
Yes, it is effecting my Hubby's business (he is not rich). His business uses a lot of gas, so his profits are reduced.

It seems like the people with Blazer or SUV, that they spent 50 dollars a week and that like $200 a month or more. True?
The gas for my Durango is about $60/wk, and for Hubby's van is about $200/wk.

mld4ds said:
...You guys need to purchase hybrid vehicles...
We can't sell our Durango to get a smaller car. No one will buy it.

Hubby needs a fully equipped, full size van for his business; can't use a hybrid.

I know other people with businesses and large families; they can't use hybrid cars.

Miss*Pinocchio said:

If so, I have to get a hybrid vehicle and leave my van at my home. Bush signed Energy Bill recently, anyone lease or purchase any hybrid vehicles in 2006 or later, they are receive $3,400 tax credit.

I rely on public transportation at 0%. Usually work during second shift but still fowarding for 3rd shift. About 12 miles from my home to work.

Back