PSP or Nintendo DS?

PSP or NDS

• PSP=It's Playstation! Playstation is GOD!

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • NDS=It's as good as the Nintendo 64! get it!!!

Votes: 18 39.1%

• Total voters

Steel X

Reaction score
Certainly I've been thinking lately that I wanted to get a PSP to try out some games like the dark stalkers, spider-man, grand theft auto : liberty city stories, and so on...BUT suddenly the hollywood studios is leaving the UMD business including 20th century Fox and Paramount pictures because the sales on the UMD movies aren't going pretty well for the PSP because...nobody really watch movies on the PSP since it's not a movie player...but rather a handheld gaming player instead. and there aren't quite a good selection of games either and the FPS titles aren't even meant to fit on a PSP either because it obvioulsy has no second analog stick. so now alot of people are thinking it's pretty pointless to own a PSP when there are already portable DVD players for DVDs and hundreds of good selection of games to play on the gameboy advance SP and the Nintendo DS are selling like hot cakes thanks to Mario Kart DS, Metroid Prime hunters, and even Nintendogs keeping the DS alive and well. so I actually thought about getting an DS too because of games I wanted to play like Super Mario 64 DS, Mario Kart DS, and Super Mario Bros. 4, etc...

So I ask for your opinon, fellow AD members...which do you think is better?

Sony Playstation Portable (PSP) or Nintendo Dual Screen (Nintendo DS) and why?

psp-thgpsp.jpg

nintendo_ds_lite.jpg

I prefer PSP over DS. I tried both. The DS looks nice with 2 screens, but the buttons are too close together and doesn't feel comfortable. Some of the games require you to repeatedly tap the screen and that shortens the lifespan of the game. If you go to any game store and check out their display... you'll see the DS with the screen all scratched up and the PSP in good condition. :)

PSP... more feature, can browser on internet, playing game, watch movies and play music. Wifi is already built-in. You can upgrade the PSP for many time as possible and don't forget to buy 1GB memory sticks.

DS.

The games, in my opinion, are better (Mario Kart DS, Advance Wars DS, Animal Crossing DS, Metroid Prime DS, Tetris DS, Meteos)

The backwards compatibility with most Gameboy Advance games add to the number of games I can take with me

Wifi mode rocks, and I'm still testing out putting a wireless browser onto the system

5 to 10 hours of battery life

Almost never use the touch screen, but when I do I prefer to use the thumb strap rather than the scratchy stylus

btw, PSP is now cost $199.99 and 1GB is now cost about under $100. I have no problem with my PSP, Yea... There's GTA and decent browser. Graphic is MUCH better than DS does. Sony is currently work on battery life to make little longer like 5 hours. I have no problem with short battery life. PSP isn't same level as Playstation, PSP's graphic is similar to PS2.

DS is obiviously nothing with everyone execpt for kids and young teens, I'm not familiar with any kiddie games.

There's one that u will see it. :)
http://gear.ign.com/articles/599/599454p1.html

My son has the DS and it's a lot of fun and my niece has a PSP and it's loaded with features.

You can't go wrong with either one of em but I don't know what Sony was thinking when they designed the PSP. The analog stick SUCKS ass for extended periods of gameplay. If the analog stick was at the top instead of the bottom and if it didn't cost $200 then I'd choose the PSP over the DS.

I promise your left thumb will cramp up when using the analog stick on the PSP.

analog stick on PSP is alright for me but I got hand hurts if play so rough like NFL Street.

VamPyroX said:
I prefer PSP over DS. I tried both. The DS looks nice with 2 screens, but the buttons are too close together and doesn't feel comfortable. Some of the games require you to repeatedly tap the screen and that shortens the lifespan of the game. If you go to any game store and check out their display... you'll see the DS with the screen all scratched up and the PSP in good condition. :)

I have DS for over a year. It's hardly scrateched. Why? I gave medium-level care than brat kids and anti-Nintendo who cause scratched.

Sure, PSP give a beautiful graphic but...Who want PSP with over 5 minutes loading before you actual play???
http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2006/2/25/2990

olf flash Cartridge in new model like SD card is way better and lot of good games for DS lately, quite challenge in unique play than rather classic.

By the way, UMD movies are keeping decrease as they lose money so much. The signal from Wal-Mart, they're drop UMD movie. ow

I am looking forward on new Zelda for DS.

I also want to add that Pelican sells protective films that you can stick on the DS' screens. My son's DS currently has the films all scratched up right now. I can just replace the films with a new set and it's back to perfect again :Owned:

EDGE said:
I have DS for over a year. It's hardly scrateched. Why? I gave medium-level care than brat kids and anti-Nintendo who cause scratched.

Sure, PSP give a beautiful graphic but...Who want PSP with over 5 minutes loading before you actual play???
http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2006/2/25/2990

olf flash Cartridge in new model like SD card is way better and lot of good games for DS lately, quite challenge in unique play than rather classic.

By the way, UMD movies are keeping decrease as they lose money so much. The signal from Wal-Mart, they're drop UMD movie. ow

I am looking forward on new Zelda for DS.

You supposed to purchase 1GB memory stick that make loading time so fast but I only have problem with Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition with long loading time so my friend help me to purchased 1GB memory stick so it's fast as normal. 2GB would be one of work so much better and 1GB is now cost about under $100. I'm looking for new updates that can help with loading time.

Yea, I hate that about prices on UMD are higher at first time so it decided to decrase to $20. $20 is no problem for UMD, just same as DVD.

TrippLA said:
You supposed to purchase 1GB memory stick that make loading time so fast but I only have problem with Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition with long loading time so my friend help me to purchased 1GB memory stick so it's fast as normal. 2GB would be one of work so much better and 1GB is now cost about under $100. I'm looking for new updates that can help with loading time.

Yea, I hate that about prices on UMD are higher at first time so it decided to decrase to $20. $20 is no problem for UMD, just same as DVD.

Just same you have an experience with 1 GB flashmemory USB, good speed as you get these loading.

UMD movie aren't worth, for 20 bucks, it's still expensive during low resolution, not as regular DVD that is much cheap. Notice that?

Also, PSP's games are expensive than DS. As we see how amazing that people said disc suppose be cheap than cartridge. None! PSP games are range 30 to 40 bucks while DS goes between 20 to 33 bucks

TrippLA said:
PSP... more feature, can browser on internet, playing game, watch movies and play music. Wifi is already built-in. You can upgrade the PSP for many time as possible and don't forget to buy 1GB memory sticks.

DS will get broswer under Opera.

PSP with browser - $199
DS + Opera = $150

upgrade is hassel. Geez.

EDGE said:
Just same you have an experience with 1 GB flashmemory USB, good speed as you get these loading.

UMD movie aren't worth, for 20 bucks, it's still expensive during low resolution, not as regular DVD that is much cheap. Notice that?

Also, PSP's games are expensive than DS. As we see how amazing that people said disc suppose be cheap than cartridge. None! PSP games are range 30 to 40 bucks while DS goes between 20 to 33 bucks

You should understand that UMD on PSP are same resolution as regular DVD period. I have no problem with UMB. Only one reason that UMB has more packs to contain more stuff so that why for cost more than cartridge does. It's don't matter if cheap or not like new X-Box 360 games are $59.99 cuz much more packs in it.

EDGE said:
DS will get broswer under Opera.

PSP with browser - $199
DS + Opera = $150

upgrade is hassel. Geez.

Opera isn't worth at all, just not great as Opera on PC. I hate Opera so I prefer to have Avant Browser. Every new system need to upgrade in anytime like PSP and X-Box 360, many new feature aren't coming in anytime as everyone can surprise. PSP has much better browser than DS does.

TrippLA said:
You should understand that UMD on PSP are same resolution as regular DVD period. I have no problem with UMB. Only one reason that UMB has more packs to contain more stuff so that why for cost more than cartridge does. It's don't matter if cheap or not like new X-Box 360 games are $59.99 cuz much more packs in it.

Oh boy, you need to do a research.

PSP UMD Video Resolution = 480 x 272
VHS Video Resolution = 486 x 240
DVD Video Resolution = 720x480 (NTSC) or 720x576 (PAL).

TrippLA said:
Opera isn't worth at all, just not great as Opera on PC. I hate Opera so I prefer to have Avant Browser. Every new system need to upgrade in anytime like PSP and X-Box 360, many new feature aren't coming in anytime as everyone can surprise. PSP has much better browser than DS does.

Nokia's browser is worst compare to Opera on my mobile. Opera does a better suite for some reason.

Great advantage that DS can use touch screen to scroll up and click link. :)

TrippLA said:

UMD is resolution of 480 x 272 and dvd is 720 x 480.

http://www.engadget.com/2006/02/16/breaking-news-sonys-umds-arent-selling-well/

It's pointless to buy UMD. Why not use your regular dvd in psp's memory for watch movie?

I could care less on portable consoles. Wanna know why? It's best to go out and enjoy the outdoors and not be playing video games or watch TV. The kids and adults need to enjoy the outdoors more than playing video games all the time. That's my opinion. :P

Back