• I'm not sure yet.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Deafsnake

Reaction score
Credit NeoGaf: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1267071

S9JOxNeh.jpg

CqZ6o6ZWEAE5CDg.jpg:large

oh no.. I ll check with my son about it.. he has ps3 ps4 and x box. he hasn't mention about ps4 slim. he better not think about it

Oh cool, I sold my PS4 in 2014 after no longer need it, but I'm still playing on PC, Xbox One, Wii U and 3DS.

Nice I have Wii U and PS4

Yes, I'm returned to be Nintendo fan again this year after not played since 2007.

I believe that Wii U could getting more sold that is closer to Gamecube's number if Nintendo agrees to cut the price and outline the plan about new games release in months, even they could do with HD remaster or remake with Gamecube titles, but they are moving to NX and not sure if they will work both of NX and Wii U correspondingly.

That's cool, I'm playing NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube games on emulator. I will planning with DS eventually when I get flashcart for 3DS.

Yes, I'm returned to be Nintendo fan again this year after not played since 2007.

I believe that Wii U could getting more sold that is closer to Gamecube's number if Nintendo agrees to cut the price and outline the plan about new games release in months, even they could do with HD remaster or remake with Gamecube titles, but they are moving to NX and not sure if they will work both of NX and Wii U correspondingly.

That's cool, I'm playing NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube games on emulator. I will planning with DS eventually when I get flashcart for 3DS.

They won't cut prices on the Wii U. They're taking loss on each unit sold. They can't afford to cut price if it's not doing well.

what is that nes / snes I ll ask my son about it.

I was talking about Virtual console... like copies of actual NES/SNES/N64/Wii games.

They won't cut prices on the Wii U. They're taking loss on each unit sold. They can't afford to cut price if it's not doing well.

I was talking about Virtual console... like copies of actual NES/SNES/N64/Wii games.

Ouch, poor to Nintendo - I heard that Wii U GamePad is biggest factor to make Wii U more expensive, but it could be possible for Nintendo to follow MS's example to rid of Kinect from Xbox One, to rid of GamePad and patch most games to accept traditional controllers, but it could be a lot of work for Nintendo.

I hopefully that NX will going better.

Yeah they won't get rid of the GamePad... There are still games that depend on it heavily.

Wii U did poorly because of the marketing messaging. Nobody knew exactly what Wii U was.

They've been doing remasters of GC games, like Twilight Princess HD, that released in march...

Also, NES has a new release coming up...

I'm not going to get the Slim, it's positioned for people with a tight budget.

NEO is where it's at. I'm buying it regardless of price. I have a PS4, yes, but I'm using that NEO model to play high-end PS4 games.

Wii has been successful console in the history, even outsold the NES and SNES, but there is problem, Wii has lower retention, it means more people likely to sell Wii eventually, more than Xbox 360 and PS3, lead to oversupply. Nintendo went different direction with Wii U that copied the idea from DS with two screens - TV and GamePad, that wasn't going well for Nintendo. Gamecube was thought to be flopped but they had similar number of unit sold to original Xbox since PS2 was king, also N64 wasn't doing well as NES and SNES, but Gamecube and N64 have rich with gaming history, also best first party games. I don't care about EA and Ubisoft since they made crappy port to PC and their quality with gaming isn't good anymore.

I heard that some people said hacking in Wii U does help to increase of units sold so I'm predicting that Wii U may be 4-5 millions (15 million units sold) shortfall before Gamecube when NX releases in next year, whichever flopped or not, it will going be part of Nintendo's history.

Yes, you are right, I bought remake of two Zelda games from Gamecube and I enjoyed their games so Nintendo needs to do more like remaster the Paper Mario and utilizing their popular IP.

PS4 Neo will going be optimized for 4K but not sure about their overall spec, but Project Scorpio will be probably beyond 4K with power hungry, that's not going to be cheaper, probably $1,000, it sounds like high-end Steam Machine. If Sony manages to make Neo more reasonable with spec and price so it is possibly for Sony to win the 4K gaming, but M$ isn't interested to be competitive with Sony; and M$ is porting games to PC as well. It is more like middle era of upgrade.

I'm PC gamer - upgrade to 4K monitor and GeForce GTX 1080 will going be more than $1,000, but I'm currently not interested and it is becoming less often to use because I will going be traveler soon, even gaming laptops are wasting of money.

I have Usher Syndrome with cataract and bigger TV (over 40 inches) is pointless for me since I found 40 inches to be perfect size for me with distance from my chair for now and hopefully it don't go advance.

Back