PS3 wouldn't connect.

JoshieTheMan

Reaction score
I have had PS3 laying around for too long and hasn't play it many months ago. I have decided to go and purchase a internet cable to hook to my switcher connection box to go on internet on PS3. It wouldn't let me connect, it says DNS error. They did found my ip and all that. Then it constantly saying that it wouldn't connect cause of DNS error. I have no idea what to do. It has to be work because my switcher are fantastic, it works smoothly on Xbox 360, and 4 computers, and playstation 2.

I need help, how can I solve the dns error?

I don't have PS3, but have you looked in "network configuration" screen or something similar?

There should be where you can automatically set the option for DHCP (Dynamic Host Transfer Protocol) for automatically assigning IP address and DNS address information.

I tried auto. All of them, it wouldn't work. It wouldn't grab an IP. Then I added ip manually, DNS manually as well. I got more luck doing the manual ways but it still says DNS error although my DNS are correct as it says on here.

I have had PS3 laying around for too long and hasn't play it many months ago. I have decided to go and purchase a internet cable to hook to my switcher connection box to go on internet on PS3. It wouldn't let me connect, it says DNS error. They did found my ip and all that. Then it constantly saying that it wouldn't connect cause of DNS error. I have no idea what to do. It has to be work because my switcher are fantastic, it works smoothly on Xbox 360, and 4 computers, and playstation 2.

I need help, how can I solve the dns error?

AH... Simple go to google.com and type "PS3 DNS error". Hope you find the solution.
I always do that if I've odd tech problem. Sometimes successful and nor.

Have fun:D

If PS3 gave you an error code, google it for solutions. That's what I did with computer, OS, and software problems. Or give us that error code and we'll dig up for you.

Have you look up in Playstation's official website for answers?

I don't know how to help you with DNS. I was just plug ethernet to my router and it works. What kind of router/cable modem you have?

Back