PS3 v.s. Xbox 360

Maybe but that's totally different because 32X is still based on games while the HD-DVD drive is based on HD-DVD movies and MS has never said the HD-DVD would be used for games too.

Wise decision cause if it goes for games too then MS is fucking us, but MS isnt since it's most perferred for "movie lovers."

You are lucky because MS don't fucking people off.

Yea, it seems same like that.
32x.jpg

240px-Sega_32x.jpeg

...or Sega CD?

MD2_MegaCD2.jpg

Sega Genesis was one of the greatest 16 bit systems ever made in history long side with Super Nintendo, yet the 32X and Sega CD add-ons has completely killed the genesis into shred dust.

I like Sega CD which look like this one. Unfortunately, it was too expensive that time.

cdxs.jpg

Sega Genesis is used CD that support 700MB, that same formant as PS1 does but graphic on SG isn't different due limited memory in machine that cannot make true 3-D until update into Sega Saturn but some SG games are made with simple 3-D. PS1 support true 3-D because their memory is more powerful than SG, also better than Sega Saturn. Now, 360 is using 2x DVD and memory is powerful as PS3 does and make graphic looks beautiful, true HD and more true 3-D.

Nyko has already made the intercooler add-on for the Xbox360...and now the PS3 will get it too. :rofl:

IGN.com: Games, Cheats, Movies and More

Nyko Announces InterCooler for PS3
Extra cooling power for the PS3 (so hot right now!). Also, update on our InterCooled Xbox 360.
by Gerry Block
October 4, 2006 - Nyko Technology announced today that it will release the Intercooler PlayStation 3 this holiday season. Much like the Intercooler 360 we reviewed a while back, the Intercooler PS3 was designed to increase the console's cooling capacity by adding external fans to pull more air out of the PS3's rear exhaust port. Like the Intercooler 360, it will allow for power cable pass-through, meaning no extra power supply is required. Nyko expects to price the Intercooler PS3 between $19.99 and $29.99 at major retailers in time for holiday buying.

The success of the Intercooler 360 has been built, in large part, on the Xbox 360's reputation for hardware failure. While the specific cause remains unknown (over-heating is an obvious suspect), Microsoft has finally acknowledged some fault and is currently repairing broken Xbox 360's manufactured before January 1, 2006 for free (and refunding those who've already paid the ~$140 repair fee).

We've had our Intercooler 360 docked to an office 360 since we received a sample for review (April 2006) and this unit remains functional. We have also not experienced any of the errors reported on the net regarding the Intercooler 360 leading to the 360 failing to start-up.

It remains to be seen whether the PS3 will suffer similar heat-related problems, though as with any high-powered computer in a small case, running cool is critical to system stability. As with any expensive-electronics purchase, an extended-warranty can often prove to be a smart buy.

Intercooler360_1159990639-000.jpg

LOL... PS3 is using heatpipe, same went on 360 too.

I bet that Ken will happy about Nyko create new Intercooler for PS3.

Steel, does you using Intercooler for 360?

I made an funny picture but it was joking. :rofl:
PS3.jpg

Ken Kutaragi looks nerd to me. :lol:

Old news but interesting...

Xbox 360: Blu-ray Disc Drive an Option
By: César A. Berardini - "Cesar"
Jan. 10th, 2006 5:47 pm
Speaking to ITMedia of Japan, Peter Moore, corporate vice president of the Interactive Entertainment Business in the Entertainment and Devices Division of Microsoft Corp., said that if HD-DVD loses the next-generation DVD war, Microsoft could still develop a Blu-ray Disc drive for the Xbox 360.

Since either case the drive will be external, Microsoft has the option to choose either format. As of yet, Microsoft will only develop an HD-DVD external drive since that’s the format the software giant is backing, but if HD-DVD fails to impose as the standard for next-generation DVD, Blu-ray Disc is an option, at least for Microsoft and the Xbox 360.

The PS3 has a built-in Blu-ray Disc drive, so for PlayStation fans, it better be the format that wins the war. Otherwise, they’ll be required to purchase an external drive to play HD-DVD movies. Xbox 360 owners have been the brunt of jokes from PS3 backers, due to the console requiring an external drive for HD-DVD movies. Only time will tell who has the last laugh. In any case, the next-generation DVD war continues.

Xbox 360: Blu-ray Disc Drive an Option - Xbox

I bet that if PS3 is goes successful with games on BD format since HD-DVD is fail then MS would start encourage game developers to make new games on BD format but doubt would happen.

Yeah I heard about that so MS is still rich enough to make a blu-ray drive add on if they want to but rather go with HD-DVD first to see how well it goes.

I would rather buy a drive that would be able to play both HD-DVDs and Blu-ray discs without the worry of which is better.

I believe PS3 with blu-ray will cause more heat. Xbox 360 with separate is smart thing to do. Do you notice when you get tv with dvd together? More problem. Best separate TV and dvd, never had a problem. Think about that. I am still interesting to buy PS3 but will wait and see how PS3 will go through for six months. If no problem for six months then BUY!

I have to wait and i do know that some of us are afraid to buy it. I did wait for xbox 360 for four months. I bought it and never had a problem. I knew launch date always have problem. Never buy on launch date. People in line to buy two or three consoles then sell in ebay. Who cares about that. Please be patient and ignore this. Go exercise yourself and have a good time until PS3 settle down and back in stock normal.

If you can not wait for this. Go pre-order early as you can. I am not going to do that. I am afraid to spend 700 dollars, if PS3 getting a lot of problem. It is just in case for myself. I do love Sony brand like television, etc. I dunno about PS3 with blu-ray because it is so new. It is not fully functional yet. Why delayed twice. Think about that.

I believe PS3 with blu-ray will cause more heat. Xbox 360 with separate is smart thing to do. Do you notice when you get tv with dvd together? More problem. Best separate TV and dvd, never had a problem. Think about that. I am still interesting to buy PS3 but will wait and see how PS3 will go through for six months. If no problem for six months then BUY!

I have to wait and i do know that some of us are afraid to buy it. I did wait for xbox 360 for four months. I bought it and never had a problem. I knew launch date always have problem. Never buy on launch date. People in line to buy two or three consoles then sell in ebay. Who cares about that. Please be patient and ignore this. Go exercise yourself and have a good time until PS3 settle down and back in stock normal.

If you can not wait for this. Go pre-order early as you can. I am not going to do that. I am afraid to spend 700 dollars, if PS3 getting a lot of problem. It is just in case for myself. I do love Sony brand like television, etc. I dunno about PS3 with blu-ray because it is so new. It is not fully functional yet. Why delayed twice. Think about that.

Same here, I'm not going get PS3 until next year, around end of limited supply.

If PS3 does have problem the I will quit to being Sony fans.

Same here, I'm not going get PS3 until next year, around end of limited supply.

If PS3 does have problem the I will quit to being Sony fans.

I will be in your shoes but I am not quitting on television, dvd players... you know...

I have been sony owner for those for many years.

I used to like ps1, ps2 and i changed to xbox, reason hard drive is main reason that i liked the most. I am sick of memory cards! LOL

I will be in your shoes but I am not quitting on television, dvd players... you know...

I have been sony owner for those for many years.

I used to like ps1, ps2 and i changed to xbox, reason hard drive is main reason that i liked the most. I am sick of memory cards! LOL

Memory cards are still good cause they are smaller and portable with as much data carried inside. HDD is very good too since it carrys much much more.

IGN.com: Games, Cheats, Movies and More

IGN recently published a preview on the upcoming game Assassin's Creed, stating that the Xbox 360 version of the game would have more advanced crowd AI than the PS3 version - due to the improved threading that is attainable with the 360 development hardware. IGN cited discussions with the producer of AC, Jade Raymond, as a source.

Apparently it was all a severe misunderstanding, and that there are virtually no differences between the two games, save for Live Achievements. What Jade Raymond meant to say was that the methods for developing the AI is different.

UbiSoft stated:

"While the method for distributing AI load is different on each platform, the AI code itself is the same. Players will experience the exact same crowd results on PS3 and Xbox360."

Back