PS3 games priced at $59.99

Reminds me of those Super NES games back in the 90's, those games used to cost about $69 to $79 on average in Japan...aka Super Famicom (sp). Be glad you're not paying $200 for a game on the Neo Geo!

that s true gotta be glad for that it besides dont they say better quality cost more?

that s true gotta be glad for that it besides dont they say better quality cost more?

Neo Geo games were expensive due to the expensive memory chips inside those plastic cartridges and they were heavy! They can hold up to 300 megabits, I don't remember exactly. Those were the technology back in the '90's though. Now, you can have 8 gigabytes of memory as a USB flash drive to plug in your computer...big difference there!

Do the math, most old video game cartridges memory are rated in megabits, not megabytes (gigabytes) which most computer geeks call them.

The number in megabits divided by 8 equals the answer in megabytes.

Example, A Super Nintendo game cartridge holds up to 32 megabits divided by 8...the answer is 4 megabytes of space used.

The current CD-ROM video games hold up to 700 megabytes and DVD-ROM video games hold up to 4.7 gigabytes on a single sided disc. You can multiply it with 8 and get the answer in megabits and it may sound impressive!

Neo Geo games were expensive due to the expensive memory chips inside those plastic cartridges and they were heavy! They can hold up to 300 megabits, I don't remember exactly. Those were the technology back in the '90's though. Now, you can have 8 gigabytes of memory as a USB flash drive to plug in your computer...big difference there!

Do the math, most old video game cartridges memory are rated in megabits, not megabytes (gigabytes) which most computer geeks call them.

The number in megabits divided by 8 equals the answer in megabytes.

Example, A Super Nintendo game cartridge holds up to 32 megabits divided by 8...the answer is 4 megabytes of space used.

The current CD-ROM video games hold up to 700 megabytes and DVD-ROM video games hold up to 4.7 gigabytes on a single sided disc. You can multiply it with 8 and get the answer in megabits and it may sound impressive!
oooo nice very nice indeedy i guess in grand scheme of things the games re cheaper than before so why is everyone complaining that its cheaper?

oooo nice very nice indeedy i guess in grand scheme of things the games re cheaper than before so why is everyone complaining that its cheaper?

I have no idea, either. It's cheaper to manufacture games on CD/DVD than cartridges with a bunch of memory chips.

Back