Proper Introduction

DeafandDynamic

Reaction score
Hi all. I did have a prior post on here but have not officially introduced myself. I am female, from Canada, and a senior (62). Born profoundly deaf into a hearing family (two older siblings), although I did grow up with a deaf older cousin. I have BTE HAs. They provide me some sound awareness, but no ability really to hear/understand conversation. First language is ASL. I have two grown (hearing) sons, a good job--although hope to retire soon--and generally try and stay a pretty positive person. I used to long when I was younger to be hearing just so I would know what it sounded like to hear people talk or to hear music, but I have come to accept and embrace the person I am and what I can offer my wonderful family and friends.
I hope to make more friends in this forum. :)

Welcome to AllDeaf! Great introduction, too. I look forward to getting to know you through your posts.

Michael

Hi all. I did have a prior post on here but have not officially introduced myself. I am female, from Canada, and a senior (62). Born profoundly deaf into a hearing family (two older siblings), although I did grow up with a deaf older cousin. I have BTE HAs. They provide me some sound awareness, but no ability really to hear/understand conversation. First language is ASL. I have two grown (hearing) sons, a good job--although hope to retire soon--and generally try and stay a pretty positive person. I used to long when I was younger to be hearing just so I would know what it sounded like to hear people talk or to hear music, but I have come to accept and embrace the person I am and what I can offer my wonderful family and friends.
I hope to make more friends in this forum. :)

welcome! I am a female, hearing, from Connecticut, new to AD. I'm actually looking for someone who is deaf or hoh to help me learn asl through Skype, would you be willing? if not I totally understand!

Sent from my HTC One using AllDeaf App mobile app

Back