Proofread this for me PLEASE!! IMPORTANT

sexybyoukno

Reaction score
I grew up in an environment that was totally different from everyone I know. I am deaf and I am the only child of two parents who are hearing. I have had a lot different experiences in my life, all different than hearing people.

My family is pretty normal, I have usual assortment of parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. I am the only deaf person in my family. Most of the times, I feel like i fit in. There are also times when I feel like I'm the onion in a box full of tomatoes. This will happen when I feel left out. At family events, everyone would talk without using sign language. My mother and father are the only people in my family that know sign language.

do you guys detect any grammar errors? if you do please correct them for me. thanks!

I have had a lot different experiences in my life, all different than hearing people.

This sentence should read, "I have had a lot of different experiences in my life; all different than hearing people."

My family is pretty normal, I have usual assortment of parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.

Here you should place a period at the end of the word "normal." Rewrite the next sentence as "I have the usual assortment of parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins."

I am the only deaf person in my family. Most of the times, I feel like i fit in.

In the second sentence, replace the word "times" with "time" and capitalize the second "I."

There are also times when I feel like I'm the onion in a box full of tomatoes. This will happen when I feel left out. At family events, everyone would talk without using sign language. My mother and father are the only people in my family that know sign language.

In the third sentence, the comma after the word "events" can be left as it is or removed.

Hope this helps. :)

do you guys detect any grammar errors? if you do please correct them for me. thanks!
i

Hundreds of I.

Norcal, and Vampy, the use of "too many" I's doesn't mean that a person is being grammatically incorrect. You two are talking about something else and it was not asked for.

writer can do better than using too many Is in the paragraph also, can use other words to be add to it. To make the paragraph to look good and attractive.

My english professor taught me to NOT to use TOO much Is.

writer can do better than using too many Is in the paragraph also, can use other words to be add to it. To make the paragraph to look good and attractive.

My english professor taught me to NOT to use TOO much Is.

Hello!? The OP asked for a grammar check, NOT a style check! You are off base.

Back