Profoundly Deaf Jazz Singer.

She has a very lovely voice (I can hear it with headphones on). Very impressive!

She has a beautiful voice. I don't know much about Jazz music, but she is very easy to enjoy.

Deaf people really CAN do anything (like sing). This is SUCH an inspiration to me!

So all these years I have been hearing that deaf people can do anything but hear. There have been people who doubted us. "You can do anything except be a telemarketer, a commercial pilot, this, that ..." and I admit I did the same.

Then I ran into this girl. WOW! She's completely deaf, and sings beautiful Jazz. Or they say it's beautiful, I am deaf, I can't hear her! Hahahahaha. She lost her hearing a few years ago but decided to keep singing.

I think that really is proof that we can DO anything!!!! We have deaf musicians, but this is the first one I know of who is a singer.

(hearing people: can you tell me what you think since I can't hear her voice? She has audio clips on her website: Mandy Harvey :: Jazz Vocalist)

So all these years I have been hearing that deaf people can do anything but hear. There have been people who doubted us. "You can do anything except be a telemarketer, a commercial pilot, this, that ..." and I admit I did the same.

Then I ran into this girl. WOW! She's completely deaf, and sings beautiful Jazz. Or they say it's beautiful, I am deaf, I can't hear her! Hahahahaha. She lost her hearing a few years ago but decided to keep singing.

I think that really is proof that we can DO anything!!!! We have deaf musicians, but this is the first one I know of who is a singer.

(hearing people: can you tell me what you think since I can't hear her voice? She has audio clips on her website: Mandy Harvey :: Jazz Vocalist)

Already been a thread today on this. :repost:

Plus what an audist attitude to think it is some necessary or deaf accomplishment for a late deafened person to keep on singing.

And I am deaf so I can't listen for you.

Thanks for the link, Bottlesini! I didn't know it was posted earlier. Although late deafened or not, I still find this insipring to me.

(Mods: please remove this whole thread if it's unnecessary)

are you from colorado?
I've known mandy personally for a year now. sooo, im wondering how you "ran into this girl." She had a cd release party recently.

Jigglypuff.gif

Hey Guys! I was checking email and then I found this link...You are all too sweet! Thanks for all the kind words and encouragment

I think it is great that she could keep singing. I'm sure it is very hard for her but she managed it.

Back