Profoundly deaf - anyone like me, have CI?

Maybe a little. Obviously no one with implants can hear "everything" that a normal hearing person can.

But implants do dramatically increase your hearing levels to the point that I cant as for more. I'd rather be hearing than in a world without hearing
I am sad you think that you are not an equal human being without hearing.

One day....

Yes, CIs provide access to sound in a different way than the way the ear functions for typically hearing people. And so people with CIs learn how to interpret sounds they may never have heard before or map sounds to sources all over again if they were previously hearing.

But people with typical hearing also have to learn how to interpret the sounds they detect. A newborn baby hearing a duck quack will not know what that sound is until matched with the concept of duck.

But the inability to learn sound has nothing to do with CI its self. With some deaf their is no brain remapping. Their auditory lobes are almost inactive. Functional scans have proven this to be true too. Now, this is not the case for all Deaf with CI, nor have I ever stated it was, but it is true in many.

One day....

wtf? Did you not get what I am trying to say? I am accepting the fact that I cant hear as much as NORMAL HEARING person can hear.

Of course I see myself a normal human being and everyone is leveled, just some require needs and help and others dont.

I dont see myself as an animal cause I deaf. Just know that I am not at the same level of hearing as a "normal hearing" person would be.

One day....

And i said i "rather be hearing than nothing" (with an implant), I have NO problem with people who chose not to have an implant cause they rather be hearing nothing. They too are human beings..

What I really hate is the fact that you totally took what I had to say and make it seem like this: "people without hearing are not human beings"

One day....

wtf? Did you not get what I am trying to say? I am accepting the fact that I cant hear as much as NORMAL HEARING person can hear.

Of course I see myself a normal human being and everyone is leveled, just some require needs and help and others dont.

I dont see myself as an animal cause I deaf.
Just know that I am not at the same level of hearing as a "normal hearing" person would be.

And i said i "rather be hearing than nothing" (with an implant), I have NO problem with people who chose not to have an implant cause they rather be hearing nothing. They too are human beings..

What I really hate is the fact that you totally took what I had to say and make it seem like this: "people without hearing are not human beings"

Yo noob.

First: in red - I never said "NOT human beings". Comprede? So much for telling me not to twist things.

Second, In bold - are you saying some people require help? Do you require help? If you view yourself as requiring help to be equal to others, you are viewing yourself as inferior. Its as simple as that.

For the record.

Lets be clear. I never said or implied, "people without hearing are not human beings".

Someone else did that, NOT me!

Why put it in quotes then? Quotes are things people say or said.

Quote: to repeat words from (a book, author, etc.).

Quotes | Define Quotes at Dictionary.com

I said "I am sad you think that you are not an equal human being without hearing."

Then noobbucket over there said:
"I dont see myself as an animal cause I deaf."
and "What I really hate is the fact that you totally took what I had to say and make it seem like this: "people without hearing are not human beings""

See. Nobody said anything of the sort. :)

But the inability to learn sound has nothing to do with CI its self. With some deaf their is no brain remapping. Their auditory lobes are almost inactive. Functional scans have proven this to be true too. Now, this is not the case for all Deaf with CI, nor have I ever stated it was, but it is true in many.

This is an odd set of statements, jpc, and maybe I'm misunderstanding you. But, a CI has nothing to do with learning or the brain, it provides access to sound, not an education. A CI doesn't repair damage, there are no nanocytes sent out to rewire brain activity.

As for your facts, are you saying that many Deaf people have inactive or non-functioning temporal lobes? :O !! Or did you mean that deaf "auditory cortices" are generally inactive and don't respond to stimuli when presented? Because I've seen several studies that show very different results from this.

:eek3: holy cow. Please stop bombarding me with your scary string of psycho PMs. Even not counting the repeated messages with your errors "corrected," it's far, far too much. I'm not interesting in being your pen pal and no, I'm not going to provide you with my university transcripts.:ugh2:

One day....

For the record.

Lets be clear. I never said or implied, "people without hearing are not human beings".

Someone else did that, NOT me!

Okay, so you said it.

Who typed those words then? Why say too, you said it if you did not say it? You did say,

Is it a "Welcome Neophyte Day" here on AllDeaf.com?

Can you spot the difference between:
"people without hearing are not human beings."
"not an equal human being without hearing"

You're thinking of "not human being" along with noobbucket over there. I never said anything of the sorts, and never will.

Is it a "Welcome Neophyte Day" here on AllDeaf.com?

Can you spot the difference between:
"people without hearing are not human beings."
"not an equal human being without hearing"

You're thinking of "not human being" along with noobbucket over there. I never said anything of the sorts, and never will.

You are not making any sense.

Good luck with your appointment and let us know how it goes if you haven't gone already.

Back