problems turning on captions on insignia tv

Namaste

Reaction score
Hi there! We have an insignia tv in our living room and my boyfriend and i cannot figure out how to turn the captions on! The weirdest thing is that the option for them is there but its like grayed out so you cant select it to turn it on or off... anyone have a similar problem or any idea on how to maybe fix? Im gonna try to see if i can find the manual, but i dont think itll do much more than tell me how to get to the captions screen..hmmmm any ideas would help lol

-kelsey

If your using HDMI, then the captions on TV is disabled, need to use the device that gives out HDMI signal to set up captions. For example DirecTV receiver that is used with HDMI to TV, need to set up ON DTV receiver not the TV. Same with DVD, bluray player, and other devices.

BUT, if you use coaxial or Yellow, white and red connection from a device to TV, then can enable caption on TV.

Hi there! We have an insignia tv in our living room and my boyfriend and i cannot figure out how to turn the captions on! The weirdest thing is that the option for them is there but its like grayed out so you cant select it to turn it on or off... anyone have a similar problem or any idea on how to maybe fix? Im gonna try to see if i can find the manual, but i dont think itll do much more than tell me how to get to the captions screen..hmmmm any ideas would help lol

-kelsey

Oh! That makes sense, since we have comcast HD cable we mustnt be able to enable the captions on our tv. Thank you so much for the help! I should be able to figure this out now. Much appreciated! :D

-kelsey

Then check on your comcast cable TV receiver or box whatever you want to call it. Its under settings or system preference somewhere.

Oh! That makes sense, since we have comcast HD cable we mustnt be able to enable the captions on our tv. Thank you so much for the help! I should be able to figure this out now. Much appreciated! :D

-kelsey

Back