problem with vp-100, and techies around?

Ariakkas

Reaction score
i dropped my internet connection for a bit...and recently had it reconnected. all the hardware was left intact, just the service was interrupted.

when service restored, they gave me a new username. This screwed up my router. i know router username and internet usename need to match, so i went to my routers main page and use the connection wizard to change my username.....but it still wont work. No internet connection on my puter, and can't call using vp.

any ideas? Its a sr-200 router that comes with a vp-100.

everything was installed by the installer, and was working champ....only thing that changed was my username.

Why would the router username need to match? I've had cable and dsl and neither one required that. I think more info is needed to solve this one.

alrighty....

vp-100, using an SR-200 router.

when my VP was originally installed, the installer had to have my internet username and password. I have DSL. I remember this distinctly because i spent alot of time looking for it with him sitting here waiting.

everything working fine....i get my service disconnected. several months go by....i get service reconnected, and get issued a new username, same password. bim bam boom, cant get connected to internet. so i disconnect router, connect directly to modem, bikety bam, internet is working.

so i reconnect router, type in 192.168.0.1 into IE, brings me to router configuration page. Under basics, i click the wizard. wizards asks me to change admin password, i click passed, asks for timezone, click past, asked for my username and password from my ISP. i change usename, click finish, router reboots.....nothing.

i have the normal 2 triangles on my VP 100 screen, indicating some kind of a connected correct? when no connection i have 2 X's over the triangles, but now they are normal. yet i still cant place a call and no internet through PC when i connect through router.

Hello Ariakkas

I'm wondering do you still have problem? Do you have DSL modem or Cable modem?

Based on what you posted so far, I would guess one of the following possibilities:

* Your new DSL service could require different router settings than the old DSL service. (More changes than just a username password change.)

* Related to that - Did you get a new modem with the new service or are you using the same modem? If you are using a new one, is it one of those that has a built in router?

* defective router or a bad ethernet cable.

i have DSL, same modem that they gave me the first time. Its not "new" service, so to speak, its the same company, service was just restored, and issued a new username.

does the router just "go bad", was working fine when i turned it off.

plot thicken...thanks for the help guys

after some more struggling today, i finally got it working.

i dunno why, but i needed to do a hard reboot on the back of the router, after i did that, the VP worked, but my comp internet didn't....grrrr... so i struggled some more, did another hard reboot, redid username and password, looked around in other options and noticed that the DMZ, ip number was missing the last 3 digits, put that in and it worked....simple solution to a complicated problem, thanks for the help.

Back