Pro baseball player divorcing his wife who is battling cancer

Royale

Reaction score
Boston Red Sox Pitcher John Lackey Divorcing Wife Battling Cancer | TMZ.com

:ugh: at John Lackey

It is horrible. I do not understand why he could not wait until the baseball season which is just one week away, is over. I feel so bad for his wife who had a double mastectomy last spring.

I feel he should be there to support her instead of putting unnecessary stress on her health.

If your wife is battling cancer or another catastrophic disease, what will you do? For me I would have to support her whatever she need it!

ouchie. well we are not there not to know whats going on in their marriage. something has affecting him for some reasons.

Let's just hope that Rays knocks Red Sox out of post season so that John can go fulfill his goal. Who needs a post season when you can just go ahead and divorce your wife, right?

That is so sad.

It shows he really never loved her in the first place.

I will stand by my man, if he was ever to become ill or severly injured.

Well...all I know is from actual personal experience. If you want to know if someone truly will abide by the words "in sickness and health" as well as who your true friends are, then get cancer. People literally changed before my very eyes. People I thought I could count on, vanished. And the people I least expected to stick around, did. I'm not going to condone his actions, as he clearly was a dickhead. But I do know how extremely difficult it is to watch someone go through cancer. It's stressful, emotional, and just plain isn't fun. In time I learned those people didn't really change...this was who they were the whole time. Cancer brings out the true colors of people.

Everyone here is assuming that he left his wife cuz of the cancer... Maybe she was a horrible bitch, and lackey couldn't wait to get the heck out of that marriage regardless of her health.

Well, that is just too fucking bad to these selfish men who leave their sick wives...at once as the men get old and sick, they should not have the support and die alone.

Back