Prisoner Transport Bus Used for Cemetery Visitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's quite possible, although I would have felt that a regular yellow school bus would have been more appropriate. But if none of those people who were on that bus are complaining about the police bus itself, then, perhaps we should let it be - most likely those people on the bus themselves would know the reason for the specific bus being used. Besides, this whole thing is focused on how the bodies of the dead at this cemetary were treated than on the type of bus being used.

Even though I'm a freelance journalist, when I write a story that I'm paid for, I don't show bias'. With that said, as a human being, I still have bias' and when you think that I shouldn't, then you, as a female, shouldn't have bias'.

Either a regular school bus, a transit bus or a charter bus would have been appropriate.

How could any of the people say anything? They have learned that to say anything doesn't pay anymore. Cops are always right and never wrong. The purpose of my posting this is to show the bus that was being used, nothing else. If I was a reporter covering the story in Chicago, I would have asked why a prisoner transport bus was used, but, since I'm not there, I can't.

Even though I'm a freelance journalist, when I write a story that I'm paid for, I don't show bias'. With that said, as a human being, I still have bias' and when you think that I shouldn't, then you, as a female, shouldn't have bias'.

Either a regular school bus, a transit bus or a charter bus would have been appropriate.

How could any of the people say anything? They have learned that to say anything doesn't pay anymore. Cops are always right and never wrong. The purpose of my posting this is to show the bus that was being used, nothing else. If I was a reporter covering the story in Chicago, I would have asked why a prisoner transport bus was used, but, since I'm not there, I can't.

Eh?! :shock:

Freelance or not, paid or not.. you didn't do your research at all.. period!

What the heck does being male or female has to do with showing bias? Talk about sexual discrimination here! :eek3:

A bus is a bus. Took them to point A and B. Good grief, pek.

The police is human just like us and is never right, they make mistakes just like us. You didn't use this report to show what the bus was used for.

You purported racism and then now you're doing sexual discrimination.

A reporter/newscaster/blogger can easily cover a news piece by being "satellite" and apparently I know those information, how? I did my research.

Pek, think twice before you press submit. The egg's on your face.

Eh?! :shock:

Freelance or not, paid or not.. you didn't do your research at all.. period!

What the heck does being male or female has to do with showing bias? Talk about sexual discrimination here! :eek3:

A bus is a bus. Took them to point A and B. Good grief, pek.

The police is human just like us and is never right, they make mistakes just like us. You didn't use this report to show what the bus was used for.

You purported racism and then now you're doing sexual discrimination.

A reporter/newscaster/blogger can easily cover a news piece by being "satellite" and apparently I know those information, how? I did my research.

Pek, think twice before you press submit. The egg's on your face.

I hate to say it, Pek, but Mrs Bucket and Lucia both have you on this one. You took a situation and imparted your own bias to it. We all are guilty of that from time to time, but saying you're a journalist just makes your biases stand out even more. A journalist is supposed to be fair and impartial. You were not; I'm sorry to say.

I hate to say it, Pek, but Mrs Bucket and Lucia both have you on this one. You took a situation and imparted your own bias to it. We all are guilty of that from time to time, but saying you're a journalist just makes your biases stand out even more. A journalist is supposed to be fair and impartial. You were not; I'm sorry to say.

sorry to say, some journalists are as biased as all Hell. Very biased and focused on there own political agenda....
it is in all types of media

times have changed, this is not like the early half of the 20th century :roll:

sorry to say, some journalists are as biased as all Hell. Very biased and focused on there own political agenda....
it is in all types of media

times have changed, this is not like the early half of the 20th century :roll:

Sadly, that's true. It doesn't make it right, though.

. . . A bus is a bus. Took them to point A and B. Good grief, pek . . .

I agree a bus is a bus is a bus. However, this particular bus, Mrs. Bucket, had bars on the windows and was marked as belonging to the Cook County Sheriff. This is a prisoner transport bus and, if you are aware of racial tensions and slavery, you would know that white cops and black people don't set too well. Yes, that was a bias that I just said, but it's true.

Showing up and using that kind of a bus is equivalent to saying that a woman's place is in kitchen and they are to be subservient to a man. Any man, husband or boyfriend or whatever. I know LuciaDisturbed would tell me exactly where to go if I actually said or thought that, but she knows me well enough to say that she knows I believe in equal pay and opportunity in the workplace for BOTH women and men. If a man wants coffee, he should get it himself, as it's not the woman's job to do it for him. Same with the woman. Same for the chores at home. Women should be able to cut grass, carry out the garbage, do regular maintenance on their car and pump their own gas, while men should be able to make the bed, wash the dishes and the laundry (including folding clothes and putting them on hangers), cook and bake, iron and sew. By the way, I can do all those and cut the grass. :D The only thing I can't do because I don't know how is to braid hair. ;) If I may say so, the women that read this need to watch what they say, as it's no wonder they're unhappy in their relationship.

As for the bus, I stated what I said because I saw a bias and you can't tell me that there weren't any regular school buses or transit buses available that they could have used instead, as I don't buy it. Egg back to you, dear. ;)

Have you ever seen the movie, "Remember the Titans?" I think you should see it, as you will see the racial tension in this true story. It's one of my favorite movies.

Sadly, that's true. It doesn't make it right, though.

Precisely. But, there are slants in everything. You go to the grocery store, right? So, what right to you have to buy a certain brand of pizza over another? What about gas station? You don't go to Conoco and go to Flying J instead. Most of the time, it has nothing to do with price.

Precisely. But, there are slants in everything. You go to the grocery store, right? So, what right to you have to buy a certain brand of pizza over another? What about gas station? You don't go to Conoco and go to Flying J instead. Most of the time, it has nothing to do with price.

Nice try, Pek. :roll:

I agree a bus is a bus is a bus. However, this particular bus, Mrs. Bucket, had bars on the windows and was marked as belonging to the Cook County Sheriff. This is a prisoner transport bus and, if you are aware of racial tensions and slavery, you would know that white cops and black people don't set too well. Yes, that was a bias that I just said, but it's true.

Showing up and using that kind of a bus is equivalent to saying that a woman's place is in kitchen and they are to be subservient to a man. Any man, husband or boyfriend or whatever. I know LuciaDisturbed would tell me exactly where to go if I actually said or thought that, but she knows me well enough to say that she knows I believe in equal pay and opportunity in the workplace for BOTH women and men. If a man wants coffee, he should get it himself, as it's not the woman's job to do it for him. Same with the woman. Same for the chores at home. Women should be able to cut grass, carry out the garbage, do regular maintenance on their car and pump their own gas, while men should be able to make the bed, wash the dishes and the laundry (including folding clothes and putting them on hangers), cook and bake, iron and sew. By the way, I can do all those and cut the grass. :D The only thing I can't do because I don't know how is to braid hair. ;) If I may say so, the women that read this need to watch what they say, as it's no wonder they're unhappy in their relationship.

As for the bus, I stated what I said because I saw a bias and you can't tell me that there weren't any regular school buses or transit buses available that they could have used instead, as I don't buy it. Egg back to you, dear. ;)

Have you ever seen the movie, "Remember the Titans?" I think you should see it, as you will see the racial tension in this true story. It's one of my favorite movies.

Keep talking out of your derriere, dear pek.

Apparently it is doing a wonderful job for you doing your male chauvinistic pig statements. :eek3:

It is best you stop right here when you're making statement that belongs back into the 1940's.

If I may say so, the women that read this need to watch what they say, as it's no wonder they're unhappy in their relationship.

Spoken from someone who's not even in a relationship, *coughs* Male chauvinistic pig *coughs*

Those people were at the police office asking about their families' whereabouts, I hardly think they care if they were shuttled in using a uber-fancy SUV limo or a prison bus.

They were in a panic looking for their loved ones' final resting place.

I'm baffled that you are fixated on this bus.. again.. it is just a bus.

Good grief, get over it.

Journalist, you say? I don't think so! A journalist wouldn't be making statements that belongs way way back in the era before we all were born.

I know LuciaDisturbed would tell me exactly where to go if I actually said or thought that, but she knows me well enough to say that she knows I believe in equal pay and opportunity in the workplace for BOTH women and men.

A well respectable journalist would not be bringing anybody's names into this as well. Again, you a journalist.. nope!

Nice try backpedalling when you should try to focus on the main issue here.. the travesty of 4 people doing a horrible injustice on those families' beloved ones.

. . . Apparently it is doing a wonderful job . . .

Thank you, Mrs. Bucket! Knew you'd enjoy my insights and my censoring you. We shouldn't be inciting anyone here to cause them to get banned, you know the rules when you joined here, did you not? Thank you for your insightful comments. I'll be sure to file them in the circular on your way out. :D

BURR OAK CEMETERY - SCATTERED BODIES - iReport.com

Take a look at this video and notice that a prisoner transport bus is used to give visitors at a cemetery rides. The bus has bars on the windows and notice that only African-Americans get off it. Near the end of the video, a white man, supposedly from the sheriff's department talks to the passengers and yes, they're all African-American.

I thought we did away with racism in the USA?

What makes you think that this was a racist thing? The sheriff's office stepped up to the plate and offered rides to the families that could not get to the cemetery. They provided free transportation at their own expense. I'm not even sure that is definately a prisoner transport bus. Busses I've ridden in have had bars on the windows...not to keep prisoners in but to protect officers responding to major scenes such as riots, etc. The families involved in that whole mess have suffered terribly. Its unfortunate that you focus on the vehicle to provide free transportation to the families instead of focusing on the tragedy itself. Maybe the SO's office should have just told the families to F' off and find their own ride.

Here is why:

push_police_bus.jpe

Thank you, Mrs. Bucket! Knew you'd enjoy my insights and my censoring you. We shouldn't be inciting anyone here to cause them to get banned, you know the rules when you joined here, did you not? Thank you for your insightful comments. I'll be sure to file them in the circular on your way out. :D

I will not debate with a member that is going to resort to manipulation for his/her satisfaction.

Mod note:

Evidently several posts are not related to the topic and ended up with members finger pointing and the spats should belong in the PMland.

Time to have this locked up. :locked:

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back