Prince of Persia

authentic

Reaction score
I was about to buy this game, but first I checked the Prince of Persia's screenshots, and gameplay trailers ....... it sucks! I know for sure that their storyline is awesome, but why can't they design this game into assassin's creed style graphics instead of "pencil-drawing" graphic?

Prince of Persia Screenshot:

945942_20081009_screen002.jpg

Assassin's Creed Screenshot:

930278_20070711_screen005.jpg

I might still buy it tho, it's not about graphic, it's about the gameplay and storyline. :slap:

I might still buy it tho, it's not about graphic, it's about the gameplay and storyline. :slap:

That's what I was thinking too. This gameplay looks very interesting... It's impossible in real life and I love to play on those "UNREAL" games, not boring real life things. (To be honest, this graphic is very good to me.)

why can't they design this game into assassin's creed style graphics instead of "pencil-drawing" graphic?

It's called cel shading as an unique art style of the videogame. The Legend of Zelda : The Wind Waker, XIII, Metal Gear AC!D, and other games have that similar art feature.

and this is ubisoft we are talking about. It is a very popular company who made alot of good games such as Beyond Good and Evil and King Kong so I'm pretty sure this one wont suck at all either. :) They know what they are doing...just consider it as one of the more Prince of Persia games to play.

The first game rocked, but after that, the game sucked.

I'd like to see the movie anyways. I heard the star of Donnie Darko is the star of this movie. He looks dead on like the Prince. But he needs more facial hair.

Guys, are you hard of hearing? I mean I played on Assassin's Creed and it had no closed captions. :[

Do I smell Lawsuit? LoL

Not many video games has that feature because they feel lazy to add the subtitles. Since it's all about the action and the story doesn't matter.

IGN: Prince of Persia vs. The Sands of Time

Which do you like better? Sands of time or the new Prince of Persia that's recently released?

I never played any prince of persia games and the Sands of Time game looks very interesting thou I wish I played that also. :(

20081205.jpg

Last edited:
YEAH I don't think POP's graphic is sucks. I was used to play the XIII's pencil-drawing graphic on original xbox that I love. because I always read comic books, I am Comic fan. Another XBOX 360 game called Crackdown had mixed pencil-drawing and realistic graphic, but it looks more pencil-drawing graphic I look at that way when I had played. pencil-drawing graphic game looking more so supercool and attractive than Resident Evil 5 & X360 Game called Honor of Victory which are the crappy graphic for truth!

Just bought Prince of Persia.

I think it is rather interesting and impressive of how well done it is. :) Such stunning graphics and loves how the game is played with two interesting characters, the prince and the princess as team up together and such it is awesome so far lol. :) It is one of the best games to own for any console.

IGN: Prince of Persia vs. The Sands of Time

Which do you like better? Sands of time or the new Prince of Persia that's recently released?

I never played any prince of persia games and the Sands of Time game looks very interesting thou I wish I played that also. :(

20081205.jpg

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within have subtitle but it's tough to play. I never play Sand of Time. However, I like Two Throne which was awesome to play, unfortunately, no subtitle.

well techicnally its not pencil drawn its actually 3d just in a different form called cell shaded

well techicnally its not pencil drawn its actually 3d just in a different form called cell shaded
Whoa, Oh my... I don't believe that some people says, I am true gamer but don't even know term of graphic like that.. Ahh, cell shaded graphics From Wikipedia what you talk about? Absolutely Yes!, You are ACCRUATE! As Concept of GTA IV used the Euphoria engine, which is quite a bit different from ragdoll physics. I learn something the new term from you.. thank you for correct the terminology! Learning is never stop.. ;)

Ever seen the movie "A Scanner Darkly"? That is one of those examples to cell shading.

Prince of Persia is definitely on my list of must buy games for PS3.

The first trilogy on PS2 was excellent. Sands of Time was beautiful, although no subtitles. The storyline was pretty simple to follow though and the gameplay is just out of this world.

For the Warrior Within its a much darker story line which I like personally. The consensus in general is hearing people complain about the incessant metal music in the game but I loved that part of it. The fighting mechanics are much improved and the difficulty is a lot higher but the reward is also much greater. The first and second both stand on their own in my opinion and are both great games.

The third I own but ironically I've never gotten around to playing it as of yet.

For the PS3/Xbox 360 version just released though they have taken the series in a new direction. The trilogy on the PS2 is a different storyline and a different character. The abilities are quite different as well. Basically Ubisoft decided to take the series in a new direction so they can fill a new story and gaming mechanics with new creativity instead of going with the limits of the past. This is also why the game is simply titled "Prince of Persia".

The graphics also reflect the different style. By no means are they "crap". Just a different art style. Like playing a comic book or painting, "cel shading". The reviews from gamespot and game informer are excellent as well as on the graphics and gameplay. If your opinion differs, you've either never played the game or that particular style doesn't necessarily appeal to you.

Frank Miller's comic style translates over well into the movies because he directs them himself. From Sin City to 300 and to the soon to be released "The Spirit". Some still might not like it, but I honestly can't imagine watching either of those movies without the artistic flair Frank Miller really puts into translating his graphical novels into the big screen.

And to add. Assassin's Creed was disappointing. I still haven't played through the entire game. Prince of Persia The Warrior Within was subtitled and I expected AC to be as well since after all it is the same game studio with Ubisoft.

After all the complaints from deaf consumers though Ubisoft has implemented the policy that all games they make will have subtitles from now on. Including the recent iteration of Prince of Persia.

However though, as much as I want to play Assassin's Creed. I still own it but its difficult not to look at it with such disappointment. Great story, great gameplay, a 40 inch high definition 1080p tv with a worthy surround sound system and for what? To be brought down from greatness to crap all because the coders didn't have enough time to add subtitles?!?

As happy as I am about them instituting the new policy on subtitles I can't help but think that Ubisoft should release a patch adding in the subtitles for Assassin's Creed. Especially for all of us deaf gamers that actually bought the game. *insert long line of expletives here*

Just finished the PoP game and I have to say it was awesome...nonetheless it had one of the best ending I have ever seen.

Back