Primary VRS.

JoshiesWorld

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am wondering which VRS should I make it my primary? I just recently got all of 3 top VRS such as Sorenson VRS, Purple Communication and ZVRS. I had a bit of problem with ZVRS interpreter recently, a bit of misunderstanding communication but again that's just one so I hope not everyone like the guy who I had to interpret for me. I am starting to lean forward more of SVRS or Purple because I had successful with SVRS before but I like Purple Communication for some reason. But nonetheless I have no judgement of them all yet to be against any one of them yet but I am in search for to make one of them as my primary/go-to VRS when I need to make a call and that is where I need you guys to come in. So which VRS should I make it my go-to/primary? I am looking for the smoothness out of interpreters.

Thank you!

I think you should go with svrs because it is the best

Sent from my LGMS345 using AllDeaf App mobile app

I think you should go with svrs because it is the best

Sent from my LGMS345 using AllDeaf App mobile app
Interesting, have you ever tried Purple (either P3 or SmartVP)? If so I'd like to know your view of comparing on both of them!

Thanks!

I use ZVRS for the most part and have not really had a problem for the most part. Tried SVRS once and I got an interpreter that I was not very impressed with. Purple wasn't too bad. Convo I never did try out and lost that number.

Might give SVRS another shot as I don't like the way that ZVRS has their address book set up and how one can edit it (or what to put in like if VCO or no VCO- they took that option away...).

I use ZVRS for the most part and have not really had a problem for the most part. Tried SVRS once and I got an interpreter that I was not very impressed with. Purple wasn't too bad. Convo I never did try out and lost that number.

Might give SVRS another shot as I don't like the way that ZVRS has their address book set up and how one can edit it (or what to put in like if VCO or no VCO- they took that option away...).
You might want to give Purple a another chance before trying Sorenson VRS again. Purple has changed a lot ever since the booming birth of VRS industry, Purple now has the feature where you can talk 3-way just like hearing people would on their phone which that means you could talk to 2 people at same time. Sorenson doesn't have that still (which I am a bit surprised as the rest of VRS companies started adding the 3-way or group calling) but maybe in the future but only thing I can say "FINALLY!" is that SoresonVRS now can use 1-number instead of 10 or more numbers for each products. To get 1-number with Sorenson, download NTouch app for PC or mobile then go to settings and go under "myPhone" then from there you can add all of numbers and assign them to one of SorensonVRS number you prefer to use to give it out to everyone as 1 number instead of several SorensonVRS numbers. With that when they call that 1-number after you finished with myPhone settings when they call that assigned number, every single products of SorensonVRS (Ntouch 'physical', NTouch PC/Mac/Mobile and V200) will rings at all same time as it is 1-number. It is really a 1-number but they just call it "myPhone" feature.

Purple still has 1-number for all of products BTW.

I am somewhat stuck in between Purple Vs SorensonVRS but I am trying to give ZVRS a chance though so hopefully everyone here can help me to pick which one to make it my primary/go-to VRS.

I don't have much of a need for 3 way calling so that's not an important factor for me.

We can describe/discuss our opinions/feelings/experiences all we want but in the end you're the only one to decide which would be best- we can't really "Help" with that part :).

I don't have much of a need for 3 way calling so that's not an important factor for me.

We can describe/discuss our opinions/feelings/experiences all we want but in the end you're the only one to decide which would be best- we can't really "Help" with that part :).
Well that is true, but getting some of your opinions can help me with deciding which VRS I am going to make my primary/Go-To VRS to use to make a call.:D

Well that is true, but getting some of your opinions can help me with deciding which VRS I am going to make my primary/Go-To VRS to use to make a call.:D
LOL point taken. :D

I hardly use the VRS though because as it turns out I even hate calling anywhere via VRS! (worse is by voice, TTY was ok but slow). LOL.

LOL point taken. :D

I hardly use the VRS though because as it turns out I even hate calling anywhere via VRS! (worse is by voice, TTY was ok but slow). LOL.
I would always use IP Relay every single day, loved making calls to as many as people I could think of until federal communication commission put a stop which is a bit devastating for me because I have problems in both of my elbows where I can't bend both arms very well. For example if I am to sign red then I have trouble reaching the R letter to my chin. Now I am left no choice but to use VRS if I want to make some calls which is a bit unfair I think but again that is FCC I guess.

I don't like TTY, TTY is too way slow for me like you said and when I used TTY back then often people would hang up because they wait for my response too long while on IP Relay or VRS the interpreter speak as you sign which is fantastic but IP Relay is easy on me due to my elbows problem.

Back