Pretty Babies

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
While there's already a thread called "Sexualization of girls" related to the way girls dress, this article is about the way girls' bodies are being "done".

I'm talking about bikini waxing, eye-brow plucking, etc... where do we draw the line?

Trend: Pretty Babies - Philly Mag

Is this going too far?

While doctors have the right to inspect kids' bodies for medical purposes, what about those who aren't doctors... but those who work on people's body for cosmetic purposes? Seriously, 8-year-olds getting bikini waxes and their eye-brows plucked? That's going too far!

an 8 year old wouldn't even have anything to wax !!!

This comment that follows this is becoming far more popular by the day

"Whatever happened to letting children be children"

I REFUSED to do that to my daughter (if I ever have one!). I prefer wait till she turns 18 and she can make her own decision not me. (as long as she isn't under my roof)

That is totally way too far for 8 years old have them done! NO NO NO!!!!

I've got 2 daughters, and in this day and age there is alot of pressure to keep them in a trend to 'fit in' . I refuse to do that, i see kids walking down the street with clothes a 19 year old would wear to a party. My daughters are in dresses, knee length socks and pretty shoes and so on. They look like little girls and I intend to keep them looking their age.

When you have children, they are the most precious little things in your life, why would you want to go and have all this 'body enhancements' on a child that is supposed to be your pride and joy?!

I know some mothers get their children birth control pills at the age of 16, not for acne problems... but for sex. :crazy:

Yea I know...I won't and it can damage the ovary in future. I don't want that. Not a good idea...only unless if there is a HEALTH reason, then it's ok.
I know some mothers get their children birth control pills at the age of 16, not for acne problems... but for sex. :crazy:

There should be laws for things like this.

If we allow these things to continue, it's going to get out of hand since adults are going to have a hard time staying away from kids when they don't know their true age.

A lot of men make mistakes of doing things with some girls because they look older. The more we allow our kids to look older at a younger age, the more we're baiting men to getting into trouble.

This makes my stomach just sick. What in the hell is wrong with these parents? Let children enjoy the brief, fleeting moments of their childhood before they are thrushed into adulthood. And we all sit and wonder what's wrong with our world. Geez.

Far out that's crazy and too far young for a young girl to grow up into Adulthood.

If I had my own daughter I wouldn't let her go that way. I would rather my daughter keep her childhood while she's young.

Wow!! I wont do that to my daughters.. but if my daughter want then i will support! :dunno2:

This is insane. These mothers have a problem, and they are raising their daughters to place value on the wrong things.

I agree with everyone here. I cant imagine taking my 11 year old daughter for a eyebrow pluck or a bikini wax!

Childhood is so short and precious...we all should be cherishing it. Being an adult is not all that cracked up to be and the pressures of sex or looking attractive to others is not healthy for little girls.

I, too, agree that it is absurd and it is out of line to set an example for younger girls to wear makeups, get their eyebrows waxed, get a bikini wax, letting them wear clothes that seems to be skimpy, thongs... I could go on but you guys get the point.

What happened to let the children's body grow over through the time? I mean, sure, all of our bodies are not perfect but it does not mean that we have to do it as a child. As a child, our bodies grows and it changes. There's always a glitch in our bodies but it doesn't mean that we are demanding for perfection.

I believe that the media outlets are a big part of this, having a strong influence on younger girls wanting to be like this or that. What's wrong with wanting to look natural? I can understand that there's some tweaks that wants to be mended but to go too far - it's not even considered the same thing. It's really sad to see how far one could be willing to go for.

I wonder if these salon workers can be arrested for sexual abuse. due to it is inappropriate touching of minors and Minors can not consent to the Bikini area wax.

and 8 year old can not consent and if the parent allows it then she is allowing the sexual abuse to happen. Therefore the parent should also be arrested for sexual abuse.

I, too, agree that it is absurd and it is out of line to set an example for younger girls to wear makeups, get their eyebrows waxed, get a bikini wax, letting them wear clothes that seems to be skimpy, thongs... I could go on but you guys get the point.

What happened to let the children's body grow over through the time? I mean, sure, all of our bodies are not perfect but it does not mean that we have to do it as a child. As a child, our bodies grows and it changes. There's always a glitch in our bodies but it doesn't mean that we are demanding for perfection.

I believe that the media outlets are a big part of this, having a strong influence on younger girls wanting to be like this or that. What's wrong with wanting to look natural? I can understand that there's some tweaks that wants to be mended but to go too far - it's not even considered the same thing. It's really sad to see how far one could be willing to go for.
Exactly.

Also, when some parents allow it to happen... it's lowering other kids' self esteem because other kids have to put up with these kids who had "special jobs" done to their bodies.

"Mom, everyone likes that girl because she has this and that done to her body. I want those done to me too!"

I wonder if these salon workers can be arrested for sexual abuse. due to it is inappropriate touching of minors and Minors can not consent to the Bikini area wax.

and 8 year old can not consent and if the parent allows it then she is allowing the sexual abuse to happen. Therefore the parent should also be arrested for sexual abuse.
Along with that...

These young kids are going to be tempted to do "adult things" because they feel that they are really adults and can do whatever they want. That will lead to "jailbaiting" (kids whoring themselves to older guys).

Exactly.

Also, when some parents allow it to happen... it's lowering other kids' self esteem because other kids have to put up with these kids who had "special jobs" done to their bodies.

"Mom, everyone likes that girl because she has this and that done to her body. I want those done to me too!"

Precisely. That's when peer pressure comes in play. :roll:

It doesn't mean that the kids should get what they want just because other kids wants it. Popularity is always at it's worse in a sense, so to speak.

Since we're on this subject...am I the only one who objects to the Bratz dolls, clothing, movies, etc.? It really bothers me that parents are not objecting to the Bratz. Their clothing is very seductive, they wear make up, and even their eyebrows are shaped.

I thought Barbies were bad. Geez.

Since we're on this subject...am I the only one who objects to the Bratz dolls, clothing, movies, etc.? It really bothers me that parents are not objecting to the Bratz. Their clothing is very seductive, they wear make up, and even their eyebrows are shaped.

Exactly!

I always see the DVD cover for that movie. They even have Bratz Babies! :roll:

Those little babies with make-up, shaped eyebrows, curvy bodies? :crazy:

Bratz: Babyz the Movie (2006) (V)

I gotta admit, I let my daughter play with the Bratz dolls a few years ago. Shame on me! LOL! :giggle:

Back