Prepare to take cover RR ;-)

Read something about this a few days ago....:Ohno:...and since I live close to the water.....oh my....

My doggie has a lot of hair....but am gonna call the Vet to see what's the best thing to use on her...(she's not an outside doggie, just goes out for her business/play at times)....Also showed the article to my sons...as one does work outside....And going to Walgreens to ask the Pharmacist of the best insect repellent on the market....

These mosquitoes look very big and their bite must be really painful...And am thinking those mosquito spraying trucks will be more prevalent this year (at least I hope so).....

They should be easy to spot; look for numbers on the tail, and tiny landing lights.

Oh wow, that's nasty and I'm sure that Alabama will have same issue because of southern state.

I am not looking forward to this at all. Our local Town Hall sent out notices about this. Did not suggest anything, just to be on the lookout and to take extreme care. I will ask the vet when I take one of the dogs in this month. I wonder - I am allergic to bug bites and such, what this will do to me if I get bit? I can't use an EPI pen as I am allergic to the medicine. I know my yard flooded last summer and we had 6 inches of water for a week. Also, we have a waterway/canal running next to our neighborhood.

Wirelessly posted

*groans* The horse flies and no-see-ums will be bad as usual now they will have the giant skeeters to back them up along with fleas!! Gotta love Florida. Looks like I will stock up on deet for us humans and flea stuff for the dog.

Wirelessly posted

*groans* The horse flies and no-see-ums will be bad as usual now they will have the giant skeeters to back them up along with fleas!! Gotta love Florida. Looks like I will stock up on deet for us humans and flea stuff for the dog.

DDT is better but unfortunately, it is banned under federal law.

Back