Pregnant student defies graduation ban

i applaud her. i think i would have done the same thing. you work your tail off and high school and you deserve to graduate with yor class... saying a pregnant student can't graduate is like saying someone who is the slightest bit different cant graduate. pregnancy graduation bans are nothing by sexist put-downs and bogus B.S.
i bet if she had been raped or something like that the whole thing would have been looked at in a whole different way...

I don't think it was courageous, and I don't think it is anything to be proud of. Both the girl and the boy should have gotten equal treatment, equal punishment. The school had rules. The students chose to disobey the rules. They were rebellious. Why should they be honored and praised for that attitude and behavior?

People have no humility or humbleness any more. Every one seems proud of every thing they do, even bad stuff. They think they "deserve" everything that they want. The world is going crazy.

ScrappyKat said:
... saying a pregnant student can't graduate is like saying someone who is the slightest bit different cant graduate....
I don't understand that analogy at all. Unwed pregnancy is not just a "slightest bit different".

...i bet if she had been raped or something like that the whole thing would have been looked at in a whole different way...
Possibly. But she wasn't raped, so that is a whole different issue.

I do agree that it was sexist in that the boy wasn't equally punished. That was not right.

Back