Pregnancy: Reveal or Not to Reveal?

VamPyroX

bloody phreak from hell
Reaction score
If you (your girlfriend; if you're a guy) got pregnant and...

... you are already married, would you tell everyone? Why or why not?

... you are not married, would you tell everyone? Why or why not?

all the time, girl are shy, worry to be ruin, scary, and stupid whatever she found out about being pregnancy.

well with my first one, I told everyone.

my second one, I waited a few months before telling anyone, I wanted to make sure the little bean actually stuck.

If I ever get pregnant a 3rd time, Im just going to wait it out even longer and figure out how to surprise my mom.

because I'm very happy and have wonderful preggy and part of new additional family. Of course, Will be there announcement about my preggy news!

same thing as my comment above.

I was married, and almost three months pregnant before we told my family and friends. I wanted to make sure before spreading the news.

It would be depend on the issue...some women have bad pregnancy due to miscarriages, high blood pressure, etc. Best wait till after 3 months before announce.

For me when I found out I told right away. With 2nd I probably want to wait a little longer like 3 months along and making sure that the little bean stay in my tummy! hee!

I know someone who got pregnant, but didn't tell me. I somehow found out through someone else that she got pregnant.

my dad told me about when my cousin was not married and have baby at ages about 17 or 18 between ages to have baby of their own! im not sure but got first pregnant they again with another baby with someone boy that not good idea but its my cousin's choice

they my cousin got finally married in June 2002 after she had 2 boys

i think waiting to announce a pregnacy is a good thing. becuase you might have a miscarriage early in the pregnacy or the doctor could tell you there are serious problems like stillborn, or the baby has an illness that could spread to the mother and kill both of them. So it's better to wait until you're reasonably sure that the baby will be born healthy.

i think waiting to announce a pregnacy is a good thing. becuase you might have a miscarriage early in the pregnacy or the doctor could tell you there are serious problems like stillborn, or the baby has an illness that could spread to the mother and kill both of them. So it's better to wait until you're reasonably sure that the baby will be born healthy.

EXACTLY!!!
especially in the first trimester...

a friend of mine announced she was preggers when she was just a few weeks pregnant... she ended up having a miscarriage and was DEVASTATED and said it was a "CURSE" to announce before you have "passed" the first trimester (12 weeks)...

I rather wait until 3 months and had a amio once thats done then i know it's safe then i'll announce it to families first then friends 2nd

it was a "CURSE" to announce before you have "passed" the first trimester (12 weeks)...

I'm sorry but that's not true at all, miscarriage does happen to most women no matter how far they are, I announced all my 4 pregnancies and only miscarriage once, that because I took medication during my pregnancy and I wasn't aware I was pregnant...

Some people prefer to wait, which is fine, and some prefer to announced it earlier, which is fine too....It's really up to them if they want to announced it or not...

Also some women do get miscarriage after 12 weeks too and accidents do happen...

I was married the first time I got preggy...I told my best friend and my mom about my first pregnancy and then we announced around 3 months. The reason...we wanted to give a great 50th birthday gift to my former MIL.

My 2nd pregnancy..I wasn't married and I didnt tell my mom until I was like 6 months cuz I had only been with my current hubby for 2 months when I got "knocked" up and I wasnt sure if she would react positively. The reason I thought that was cuz when I told her that I was dating my hubby, she told me not to get pregnant pls and sure enough a month later, I got pregnant. Ha! I did tell my closest friends right away though. :)

I was married the first time I got preggy...I told my best friend and my mom about my first pregnancy and then we announced around 3 months. The reason...we wanted to give a great 50th birthday gift to my former MIL.

My 2nd pregnancy..I wasn't married and I didnt tell my mom until I was like 6 months cuz I had only been with my current hubby for 2 months when I got "knocked" up and I wasnt sure if she would react positively. The reason I thought that was cuz when I told her that I was dating my hubby, she told me not to get pregnant pls and sure enough a month later, I got pregnant. Ha! I did tell my closest friends right away though. :)

haha you're cute...

I would reveal about my pregnancy at 12 weeks. I told my mom when I was about 8 weeks along because it was hard keeping a secret :) , but I told her to keep to herself until I see the doctor to confirm it. At 10 weeks I showed her the ultrasound pictures and few weeks later we announced everyone else.

A family member (an in-law) announced to everybody that she was pregnant at like 4 weeks.

I, personally, was very shocked because I think she should wait until 3 months-- it was her first pregnancy and she is 36 years old, so I was worried that she might regret announcing if she ends up having a miscarriage...

almost 9 months later-- the baby was born healthy and fine.

SO it is not a curse.

BUt you can assume what my thoughts are-- I don't think annoucning to everybody is a good idea. Family is exempted-- I will share that with them. I think i will prefer to let my belly do the announcment itself by swelling up and having people figuring out that ywa.

because I'm very happy and have wonderful preggy and part of new additional family. Of course, Will be there announcement about my preggy news!

same thing as my comment above.

I agree with you. Most of my friends tend not to announce til after 2nd trimester. I know they were afraid that they might miscarry. As for me, this is my first pregnancy, I wouldn't wanna wait! I wanna announce the whole world about my pregnancy because I always dream having my own child since I am adopted and I would like to have someone with me that blood-related to me!

About unwed mother, I know no one is perfect. Everyone have their own choices. My three older sisters were unwed and got pregnant. They are great moms and they love their children. That's all matters!!

My doctor didn't even confirm that I was pregnant until I was almost three months. That's the reason I didn't want to tell family and friends until I knew for sure. :)

I announced to my family and friends at 6 weeks after received the blood test result from the Doctor first!

The next two last pregnancies, I didn't know I was expecting (both surprised babies) and have no clue when is the due date, and the ultrasound give me a rough due dates, and then announced to them.

I rather wait til 3 months cuz I tend to get miscarriages easily. I do have problem but can be solved.

My first one I announced as soon I found out. My second and third pregnancy I kept my mouth shut but ended up miscarriage on both.

My fourth one which is my son, I wanted to be quiet but my exh got a big mouth. :pissed:

Back