Powerful Winter Storm to hit the Northeastern states

What about 1964 and 1968? Then there's 2011, for which I was here for.

1964 and 1968 I was a baby. I named 1979 because I was there and remember it. I had already moved to Florida already when the blizzard came in 2011.

Apparently there were more blizzards in the past.

i_survived_the_chicago_blizzards_of_1967_1979_tshirt-r20b3cad6916f409ab7c52c778318ac4a_va6lr_324.jpg

That tells me your local population is rapidly increasing, therefore requiring the need for more school buildings.
That's what I said.

Now that does make a lot of sense. My old hometown's population has never dipped below 5,000 people, but when I was born, there were only 2,300 here back in 1983, and the big spike came midway through the 1990's, when we had a high of, I think, 5,500 people.
Tiny. Nothing like Chicago, huh? :)

Today, I wear NYC/Boston grade winter outwear today with North Face coat, glove and beanie. Toobad, I don't have boot. It was 19 F in morning and 21 F in afternoon.

It was extremely COLD but North Face works great to keep me warm.

Man! I missed '79! What a fun show! And definitely your right it was paradise for kids!

Now I am not alone knowing that Blizzard is nothing comparing to Hurricane or tornadoes. I am speaking for relatively.

Some area like NYC gets both of hurricane (especially Sandy) and blizzard in different time.

In our area, we only have tornado and hurricane. The blizzard was extremely rare, only happened once per century. The tornado isn't severe as hurricane when come to damage and only some portion of area were damaged, as hurricane destroy more wider area with flood.

Wirelessly posted (ZTE X501 Phone/Asus Tablet)

Reba said:
That tells me your local population is rapidly increasing, therefore requiring the need for more school buildings.
That's what I said.

Now that does make a lot of sense. My old hometown's population has never dipped below 5,000 people, but when I was born, there were only 2,300 here back in 1983, and the big spike came midway through the 1990's, when we had a high of, I think, 5,500 people.

Not even remotely close.

Reba said:
That's what I said.

Not even remotely close.

Nostalgic, eh? I remember 79, and the earliest I can remember is 69, anything before 69, I don't remember much really.

1964 and 1968 I was a baby. I named 1979 because I was there and remember it. I had already moved to Florida already when the blizzard came in 2011.

i_survived_the_chicago_blizzards_of_1967_1979_tshirt-r20b3cad6916f409ab7c52c778318ac4a_va6lr_324.jpg

MangaReader said:
What about 1964 and 1968? Then there's 2011, for which I was here for.

Oh, okay. I wasn't even born when they hit, but I remember the blizzards of 1993 and 1994 hitting my hometown, and giving us 16 inches of snow both times.

I'm absolutely floored by the sight of a guy on his mountain bike when our storm hit last Thursday. Cars, mine anyway, have trouble braking in the snow, and this guy was on a mountain bike?? :eek3: Alright so maybe it's his only transportation, but isn't this just the craziest thing? I've seen a few people out in this weather on bikes, some at night, in dark clothes, with no helmet, gloves, reflective tape, lights, etc. Some people are just nuts.......I don't know how they're going to ride on ice with the wind hitting them with the wicked cold snap that's due to come through tonight....

I'm absolutely floored by the sight of a guy on his mountain bike when our storm hit last Thursday. Cars, mine anyway, have trouble braking in the snow, and this guy was on a mountain bike?? :eek3: Alright so maybe it's his only transportation, but isn't this just the craziest thing? I've seen a few people out in this weather on bikes, some at night, in dark clothes, with no helmet, gloves, reflective tape, lights, etc. Some people are just nuts.......I don't know how they're going to ride on ice with the wind hitting them with the wicked cold snap that's due to come through tonight....

I have a friend who's just as nuts, maybe nuttier... he rides his bicycle at ALL times, regardless of how hot or cold.

Well, it's nearly 6 AM, and the temperature reading is still showing below zero. Not another great way to start the day.

It is 14 F now.

Our area is getting northern cold without any snow, it is just like NYC with no snow.

my kids are very happy to learn that school is closed as it was announced after 6 this morning. They woke up, asking me why didn't they be in school. Go figure. lol Then I asked them to read the book for 20 minutes and write a story or essy. They were whining about it. oh no. Less an hour is better than more than an hour. oh boy. so I had to call in, to be with my kids at home.

my kids are very happy to learn that school is closed as it was announced after 6 this morning. They woke up, asking me why didn't they be in school. Go figure. lol Then I asked them to read the book for 20 minutes and write a story or essy. They were whining about it. oh no. Less an hour is better than more than an hour. oh boy. so I had to call in, to be with my kids at home.

You are doing right thing - tell kids to read and write an essay.

Kids need to learn, learn, learn.

If school closed, so last day of school will get delaying.

You are doing right thing - tell kids to read and write an essay.

Kids need to learn, learn, learn.

If school closed, so last day of school will get delaying.

I am concerned about the last day of school that gets extra day. ugh

I am concerned about the last day of school that gets extra day. ugh

The last day of school in your area is in June, or May?

In Alabama - August to May.

Before 1980s, it was September (after labor day) to May (before Memorial Day).

My front yard fountain this morning:

Attachments

• DSCN0760.jpg
    DSCN0760.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 6
Back