Powercel plus battery

macawsdeaf

Reaction score
:hmm: I recently brought an powercel plus rechargable battery for Harmony. I was thinking that if that would opreated all day at least 10 hours. but I try out to see if it does for that day it only runs 5 hours. but the battery should run at appx 10 hours. but not happend for me. so :sigh: it is because of the mapping sound? I don't feel like have to keep changing every 5 hours. I wish it would runs all day at least 14 hours. all i need to recharge it at night that all.

Ive got two friends with the harmony and they have 7 large batteries to get them through the day.

Both find there batteries to not last more then 2 hours but that's down to their mapping and their actual implant as well.

It might be your maps that is affecting the battery life. If you have really high powered maps, they can make the battery die off sooner. Have you asked to have Optima installed onto your Harmony? Maybe that would help a bit. Definitely mention this to your audiologist, maybe he/she can make some changes to your maps to help the battery last longer during the day so that you don't have to change them so often.

It might be your maps that is affecting the battery life. If you have really high powered maps, they can make the battery die off sooner. Have you asked to have Optima installed onto your Harmony? Maybe that would help a bit. Definitely mention this to your audiologist, maybe he/she can make some changes to your maps to help the battery last longer during the day so that you don't have to change them so often.
@ CDmeggers, i appreciate that i didn't know about the optima. i can mentioned to audiologist.i will talk with her about that. i will see if she know about that.

The Optima should help a bit. Hopefully one way or another, you and your audiologist can figure things out, make some tweaks to your maps so that you can get better battery life during the day. I'm sure it's frustrating to have to change the batteries every 5 hours.

Back