Power One Rechargeable 675 Batteries, anyone used them?

NaidaUP

Reaction score
I am in the process of planning 2 years in Oz.

At the moment I get my batteries free on the NHS but while I am in Oz, I would have to buy them somewhere in Oz.

I was thinking about purchasing the Power One charger and 4 x 675 batteries to use while in Oz.

I personally find Power One batteries to be the best for me anyway.

They say disposable batteries are made out of tin while these ones have got nano coating on them which makes them better. What I am concerned about is, do they last as long because they have nano coating on them?

Seems like a good idea though, if they work well.

:ty:

For the price they want, those batteries better be good and long lasting. They claim to be rated for 600 charge cycles, which should last two years if the batteries can last 16-24 hours for CI users.

HA users may not get much benefit out of this setup if they one HA and only replace batteries 50 times a year (cost wise).

For the price they want, those batteries better be good and long lasting. They claim to be rated for 600 charge cycles, which should last two years if the batteries can last 16-24 hours for CI users.

HA users may not get much benefit out of this setup if they one HA and only replace batteries 50 times a year (cost wise).

Thats what I read. I also read they were not Ni-MH from last year. These ones are Mi-MH ACCU plus - power one
My Dad always said Mi-MH batteries were the best. They can go on forever with no memory effect.

They have a V of 1.2 and disposables have a V of 1.4 so that is the only downside I think. Although they say there V is the same as the zinc air disposables batteries.

I go through Power One or Rayovac disposables every 12 days roughly.

I have used Powerone batteries for mine and works pretty well for 2 weeks til the low battery warning comes up.

CI users go through batteries very quickly....the Nucleus Freedom uses 3 batteries and the N-5 uses two, all size 675, but they require high power type batteries.

Regular batteries would last me 8 hours if I am lucky. High powered ones will last me about 24 hours. Yes, that equals an average of 4 batteries every two days for me, about 730 batteries a year.....

I've tried several different brands of high-powered batteries, and the Power One is the best overall. IcellTech's batteries are second best and cost about 40% less. The worst ones were Zenipower...they had about 30% failure rate (every third pair I used stopped working after 5-10 minutes).

If my wife uses a regular 675 battery, it will last her about 14 days. If she uses the CI battery, it lasts about one month, even if she uses it every day.

So, I have to say Power One's quality is top notch.

CI users go through batteries very quickly....the Nucleus Freedom uses 3 batteries and the N-5 uses two, all size 675, but they require high power type batteries.

Regular batteries would last me 8 hours if I am lucky. High powered ones will last me about 24 hours. Yes, that equals an average of 4 batteries every two days for me, about 730 batteries a year.....

I've tried several different brands of high-powered batteries, and the Power One is the best overall. IcellTech's batteries are second best and cost about 40% less. The worst ones were Zenipower...they had about 30% failure rate (every third pair I used stopped working after 5-10 minutes).

If my wife uses a regular 675 battery, it will last her about 14 days. If she uses the CI battery, it lasts about one month, even if she uses it every day.

So, I have to say Power One's quality is top notch.

You do well with regular batteries in your CI. My friend who used to have the freedom and now the N5 will get 2 hours out of regular 675 batteries and a day out of cochlear 675 batteries.

I have used Power One and Rayovac Cochlear in my aids as my friend says they should last longer but I only get about 14 days out of them instead of the usual 12 days. Your wife does well as well. Would love them to last a month.

I have used Powerone batteries for mine and works pretty well for 2 weeks til the low battery warning comes up.

You do well with Power One. I get about 10 (left) to 12 (right) days out of my 675 Power One Batteries.

Keep in mind that late-deafened people like their aids to be on the maximum possible setting, according to my audi, since they are so used to loud sounds, so that is one possible reason your friends' batteries don't last long.

On the weekends, when I am home all day working around the house, I don't bother wearing my CI's so that I can work in peace & quiet, not have to worry about all the sweat getting into the CI's, etc. Downside is that whenever my garage door is open and I am outside doing something, the neighbors just have to come over and spill their guts about their lives....so I have to keep the CI's ready nearby....

Keep in mind that late-deafened people like their aids to be on the maximum possible setting, according to my audi, since they are so used to loud sounds, so that is one possible reason your friends' batteries don't last long.

On the weekends, when I am home all day working around the house, I don't bother wearing my CI's so that I can work in peace & quiet, not have to worry about all the sweat getting into the CI's, etc. Downside is that whenever my garage door is open and I am outside doing something, the neighbors just have to come over and spill their guts about their lives....so I have to keep the CI's ready nearby....

My Friend has been deaf all her life and wears her CI 7 days a week. I know people have basic maps and stronger maps. You may have a basic map, which uses less power.

From The Power One website.

"power one ACCU plus is voltage compatible with zinc air batteries. Not every hearing aid is suited to the use of rechargeable batteries - some hearing aids have too high an energy consumption. As a rule of thumb, if your hearing aid can supply current for more than 10 days without the zinc air battery needing to be changed, it is worth considering rechargeable batteries as an alternative power source."

So it looks like they are not an option for Cochlear Implant users.

My Dad always said Mi-MH batteries were the best. They can go on forever with no memory effect.

They have been the best in the past compared to the other contemporary technology of NiCd, but now we have lithium it doesn't even compare. They don't go on forever, though. They do not have a memory effect, but they do have a limit on charge cycles. The faster you charge them the faster they die. Since hearing aids you need to get a full charge done within the average nightly sleep time the charge rate is the limiting factor on how long they can last before needing to be replaced.

Beware of your wearing time, however. If you normally wear hearing aids more than about 12 hours a day you may find rechargeables don't last. I've heard that 14 is really pushing it, and if you go up to a 16 hour day then you are likely to suffer from battery failures before you are ready for bed. And FM runs the batteries down WAY faster, if you intend to be connected to FM then forget it.

Back