Potty Training

After i got those comments by parents or unparents advices. Then I did do same as them..for remind kid go to toilet every an hour. I told kid go to toilet..he went sit there for long time..then said done!!! then I looked at inside toilet..there's nothing. My kid wanted the sticker..I said no, wait till you pee or poop then I will give you the sticker. He really want sticker so badly. He keep go to toilet many times but haven't pee or poop. It been 3 hours he haven't poop or pee anything. My mom told me that I better put diaper on him now cuz it would damage inside stomach if he holds the pee/poop too long. So I put diaper on then finally he pee and poop in the diaper fast!!!

I remember 2 weeks ago, he was ran around naked and then poop on the floor lol. I told him noooo no poop on the floor, need poop in the toilet. Then later, he asked me if he can poop on the floor. I said no, poop in toilet. He keep wanted to poop on the floor. I told him that if he did and he will get trouble! So he won't poop on the floor.

Anyway, So since 4 days, I put underwear on him, he pee on underwear grr. And then I try do without underwear. I let him have nothing on..just a tshirt. He finally pee in the toilet 3 times already! I gave him the sticker, he got sooo excited. I have the paper on the wall, its have 8 squares like 9th then will get candy. He ripped the sticker and put on each of squares lol he trying to cheat.

AHHHH!! memories!!!!! you may not think so but those are percious moments! hopefully you have camera to take pictures of those things. you will laugh about it in 10 years. My kids keeps asking me about what were they like at such and such age and all i have is my meories, no pics.:mad:

Ohhh I love your approach!

That's great to use stickers to get "reinforcements" and encourage more rewards and at the end it does works!

AHHHH!! memories!!!!! you may not think so but those are percious moments! hopefully you have camera to take pictures of those things. you will laugh about it in 10 years. My kids keeps asking me about what were they like at such and such age and all i have is my meories, no pics.:mad:

I'm sorry that you don't have pics. But you are correct...kids love to hear stories about when they were small.

Anyone here remember their first toilet seat?

I totally remember mine and it wasn't fancy and neat like the kids' have theirs nowadays. Mine was wood and a heavy duty plastic bucket underneath the seat. Hmm.. wonder why I chose Mrs Bucket! :giggle:

Just remember sitting facing the big toilet and my Mom thought if we sat on the small toilet seat facing the big toilet, it would encourage us to do our business.

pottychair.gif

Anyone here remember those?

Yes, I still have mine! It's in storage.

I used one of those with a plastic seat and bowl and a wooden frame as well as a yellow plastic ring on the big toilet.

Yay! He is getting the idea now. Three times! That is wonderful. LOL at him trying to cheat to get the candy. That is so cute!

yess! yay, today he addicted to the potty training! He loved to pour the bucket to the big toilet after he piss in. Now he's forward to piss more. :D :ty:

yess! yay, today he addicted to the potty training! He loved to pour the bucket to the big toilet after he piss in. Now he's forward to piss more. :D :ty:

HOORAY!!! you must be the proudest mommy !! There is no greater feeling when your children makes the goal. Congrats ..

We have 4 year old twins, boy and girl. Boy still not trained!!! Girl was doing good almost year ago but pee accidents when away from home, now she is totally good. Boy on the other hand, not even close to being trained. The boy does have acondroplasia though, not sure if that makes adifference. He has a ghetto butt and is harder for him to get dress.

Congratulations, damienmommy, it seems you will have your son trained very soon. It is very cute he tried to cheat for candy!:giggle:

Don't force him until he's completely ready for it. Wait and see the signs he's showing to see if he's interested in potty or not.

Tristan wasn't interested until October, then he wanted to go potty because he sees his mama, Daddy and sissy using it and he's tired of using his diapers. So I and his grandmother (My husband's mom) trained him to use potty, we don't let him wear diapers, instead we put underwear on him and tell him, if he needs to go potty, go potty in the toilet. First day, it was just full of accidents, and then on Second day, he was getting the grasp of it, and by third day, he was using the toilet but still having some accidents. But by end of the month, He was dry for the day AND night! It only took us a month to fully train him!

He would tell us if he needs to go potty in the public but when we're at home, he goes to the bathroom on his own when he needs to go. He only calls for me when he needs his butt wiped. :roll:

So what I advice for you is to wait until he shows signs of ready to be potty trained. The signs are:

Stopping what they were doing and go to the bathroom there

doing little potty dance, trying to hold it

curious about the Toilet and how it works

Dry after waking up from night or nap

HOORAY!!! you must be the proudest mommy !! There is no greater feeling when your children makes the goal. Congrats ..

Yup!! :thumb:

Congratulations damienmommy! now it's time to treat your son a big ice cream sundae! :P

That's great! You gotta write that milestone in his baby book! ;)

My son was 18 months to 2 years when he was potty trained. He is the 2nd child for me. My daughter is my firstborn and was my MAJOR problem. Due to birth-related issues, we went through colickky nights for 3 months, night terrors for 2-3 years and she wasn't potty trained for 5 years. She also did not learn to talk until she was 6 and did not read until 9-10. Now she is 14, 6'4 1/2" tall and other than memory problems and speech problems, you'd never know that she had all the issues she did.

It will happen and after it does, you will never believe there was an issue. You child will give you the most beautiful smile after achieving a potty trip without and accident and that smile is the most precious thing a parent could ask for.

When he gets to the big toilet, here's a little something that worked with my son. Paint a red dot in the toilet bowl for him to aim at. My hubby loves to do it as well. He's 51 and still shoots for it, so does the son at 13 now. :giggle::laugh2:

When he gets to the big toilet, here's a little something that worked with my son. Paint a red dot in the toilet bowl for him to aim at. My hubby loves to do it as well. He's 51 and still shoots for it, so does the son at 13 now. :giggle::laugh2:

Hahaha funny..i never thought of that.:laugh2:

My son was 18 months to 2 years when he was potty trained. He is the 2nd child for me. My daughter is my firstborn and was my MAJOR problem. Due to birth-related issues, we went through colickky nights for 3 months, night terrors for 2-3 years and she wasn't potty trained for 5 years. She also did not learn to talk until she was 6 and did not read until 9-10. Now she is 14, 6'4 1/2" tall and other than memory problems and speech problems, you'd never know that she had all the issues she did.

It will happen and after it does, you will never believe there was an issue. You child will give you the most beautiful smile after achieving a potty trip without and accident and that smile is the most precious thing a parent could ask for.

Oh sorry about your daughter. at least she can talk now. 6'4 half tall WOW!!! Very tall girl.

My mom tossed some Cheerios in the toilet... said to my brother, sink the Cheerios with your pee. Just a suggestion in case you are renting your home and the landlord doesn't want you putting dots on the porcelain. :)

Keep up the good work -- kids will go when they are ready to go! And, to echo the others here, it is soooo hilarous he tears the stickers off and puts them on the 9th square so he gets a candy, hahahahaha.

Cheerio! hehehe....

-Liz

My mom tossed some Cheerios in the toilet... said to my brother, sink the Cheerios with your pee. Just a suggestion in case you are renting your home and the landlord doesn't want you putting dots on the porcelain. :)

Keep up the good work -- kids will go when they are ready to go! And, to echo the others here, it is soooo hilarous he tears the stickers off and puts them on the 9th square so he gets a candy, hahahahaha.

Cheerio! hehehe....

-Liz

haha cute. My son don't pee while stand. He sit on the toilet seat for now.

My kid know how to go to pee now, and at store, school, in a car, anywhere, he asked for bathroom. Yay but more work for me ahh. I didn't expect it would be more work for me but saved a lot $ from buy more diapers. In the store, he needed pee, while we was in the line for checkout but I had to left to bathroom then come back and stand in the last line, ugh I hate that happened. Also, when driving..he had to pee..I had to try to find a exit or rest area to stop. More work for me..

Back