Potato prank damage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diehardbiker

Reaction score
Hello, please, I am not here to enterain the joke.

I am trying to figure out if a potato prank can do any damage to vehicle?

Ok, I am retiring from pranks, I m getting too old for this..

Anyway, I got the potato, I tried to find the largest one, and it barely fit into 3 or 3.5 inch exhaust tailpipe on one of my co-worker SUV (note, the average exhaust pipe size is 1.75 inch, this SUV got 3 times bigger). I almost couldn't get it tightly. It was rather loosen, and I believe it would have pop out if the co worker starts the engine.

This Co-worker claimed that I destroyed his/her SUV and wants me to pay for the damage, the SUV is over 150k miles old. I find it hard to believe that barely fitted potato would do such damage, anyone know about the fact that it would? I google all over and found nothing that would cause damages. I even found google that some prankster do that on cop vehicles, and never had damages to it.

I never intend damaging this person's SUV.... Just give this person few seconds of inconvience and scare from loud pop, but nothing more than that.

Im gonna retired from pranks even though I love pranks just to relieve some stresses.

DHB

Plz don't laugh, I do like this co worker alot, this person is cool as friend. I don't know what happen afterwards.

Aww I don't know what to say.. I think it is not caused from potato.. it's over mileage and old engine! :shrug: Hope you and co worker will have to work out solves!

Good luck!

It's most likely cause little or do damage, a plugged exhaust would "suffocate" an engine. The burned gas can not escape anywhere when the exhaust is plugged. It may also ruin the emission systems on some cars such as EGR, and also,the combustion chamber will not compress and burn the fuel with the exhaust not being able to escape. It does not "blow" an engine like this, but just a emission issue that may do some damage when the exhaust is plugged.

Maybe I'm wrong... but I have never heard of such potato can "blow" an engine...

Sometime pranks can be good thing, sometime it can go too far which something could go wrong that anyone would regret it. :(

It's most likely cause little or do damage, a plugged exhaust would "suffocate" an engine. The burned gas can not escape anywhere when the exhaust is plugged. It may also ruin the emission systems on some cars such as EGR, and also,the combustion chamber will not compress and burn the fuel with the exhaust not being able to escape. It does not "blow" an engine like this, but just a emission issue that may do some damage when the exhaust is plugged.

Maybe I'm wrong... but I have never heard of such potato can "blow" an engine...

Sometime pranks can be good thing, sometime it can go too far which something could go wrong that anyone would regret it. :(

Calvin is right and remember--the fumes have to go somewhere and chances are--it went into the car to permeate the interior.

Calvin is right and remember--the fumes have to go somewhere and chances are--it went into the car to permeate the interior.

Remember the CO2 fumes the person would inhale as well.

Personally, DHB, I think you are responsible for any damages.

Actions equals consequences.

As an adult, you need to own up to your actions and accept ownership instead of evading & "retiring" from pranks because you don't want to pay for consequences.

I understand, the problem is I have done alot research lately and have NOT come up with one cases that this prank has direct damage to the vehicle, NOR even co2 poisoning unless the vehicle is rot.

Suppose a camel has alot stuff in the back, and I just put a feather on it, and camel fell down, is it really mean that the feather is really at fault?

What I know is that this vehicle has problems in the past, it just coming back. But the potato may be just a feather on the back of camel.

What I am asking you is show me link where it is proof that potato will surely cause damage, it has to be DIRECT cause.... can you?

Believe it or not, there has been potato pranks on police car, true business I found in research. None of them have any damages, go figure!

Remember the CO2 fumes the person would inhale as well.

Personally, DHB, I think you are responsible for any damages.

Actions equals consequences.

As an adult, you need to own up to your actions and accept ownership instead of evading & "retiring" from pranks because you don't want to pay for consequences.

You're comparing apples to oranges here.

When you compare the camel to this car. Two totally different scenarios.

I can understand what you mean.

One thing, I want to point out to you..

I love pranks just to relieve some stresses.

You, yourself, admitted you love to do pranks just to relieve stress and you inserted a potato inside the exhaust pipe of the SUV.

Now, you have to accept ownership of that action.

You can't tap-dance around the action of doing that because if there is actual damage. In the state of New York, the owner of the SUV can sue you for actual damages and much more.

Because this was an actual prank, the SUV owner can sue you for both punitive and actual damages.

This is where you need to be careful about doing pranks just to relieve stress.

Maybe you can do something much more productive and conductive to relieve stress than pranks?

Question: Do you value your friendship with this person? If yes--pay for your actions.

If not--then don't pay and have this individual take to you to small claims court.

This is a very serious prank. I think you should pay for the damages and be glad that your friend didn't call the police.

bananapipeline.gif

On your physical self, your vehicle, your property?

If not, what makes it okay for you to prank that person?

Oh man, just leave him alone.

It's on his own to handle with any issues and it's really not serious issue.

There's potato in tailpipe and it cause to blow it away.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-midwO4UE0&feature=related]YouTube - OPEL COMBO AND A POTATOE IN THE EXHAUST[/ame]

Did your co-worker explain what was wrong with his car?

Destroyed could mean messed up engine, broken muffler, smoked up interior, etc.

All I know is that if a tailpipe is blocked, the engine can't breathe and the car won't run. Remove the potato and it runs again.

Hello, I am requesting that this thread to be locked up so that I can move on.

I have made the final decision and am going to allow my insurance company handle this. Reason? Because Insurance companies have resources where they can make decision and can work this out. So, it is now entirely up to this person to agree and move on and get the suv fixed and we can move on. Yes I tried to talk with this person about good news but this person refused to talk, so let it go.

One thing for sure, it ain't worth it pranks. I come here just to work and bring bacon to my family, that is it. If you disagree, go ahead and have fun, I just simply can't afford the repeats.

Lastly, I left here for a while because I had issue with mod, not about this but about other thread and it was simply misunderstand.

Mod's Note:

The thread is closed as per thread creator's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back