Post your gas prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diesel.. 4.02 at Murphy's in Winston Salem, NC highest I saw was 4.21 diesel ...

Diesel here mostly in $4.40-4.50 range.

What did the lawnmower do when it ran on E85?

:topic::topic:
Today, I mowed the lawn w/ little unleaded fuel left in it's tank. After mower died, I filled it half tank with E85 while engine was HOT. I started it and it roars to life no problem. I noticed it was a bit weak (It's nothing tho cuz still cut grass great) and motor runs smoother and exhaust is clean, no smoke and smell nice (I think I smelled corn w/ butter smoke Hee Hee)!! When the bag was full, I set the mower to idle, it died slowly. I decide to tweak the idle setting so it would run normal idle with E85. Because E85 don't burns completely like gasoline.

After I finished mowing lawn, I parked it in garage and left it for an hour to let engine cool off completely for the purpose to test to see if it starts up with COLD engine. It was rather hard to start. I decide to put it in choke and pulled few times then move throttle halfway then start, it did run but died out (remmy that my mower is over 6 or 7 years old tho). My old mower need to have choke fixed cuz it's not fully closed. Also I might have to adjust the jet inside carburator (it may be capped permanently but worth try take out plug where jet screw hidden behind it.). Because E85 require a bit more fuel to combustion chamber to start and run (It runs no problem on HOT engine tho). I found one of blog from "Gas saver" and one guy mentioned that he use E85 on his mower for 5 years and never had problems, NO parts CONVERSION. He said it smells sweet.

I guess it's worth it! LOL

The trick is that be sure to fill 1/2 tank of E85 in mower. If you are having problem starting mower. Just fill another 1/2 with Gasoline and swish it (use handlebar and lift up and down or shake sideway to mix fuel). Then Mower should be able to start right up. It depend on make and model of mower. It's not GONNA to hurt tho. ~~Don't sue me for advice~~!! It's your own risk tho.

Catty

:topic::topic:
Today, I mowed the lawn w/ little unleaded fuel left in it's tank. After mower died, I filled it half tank with E85 while engine was HOT. I started it and it roars to life no problem. I noticed it was a bit weak (It's nothing tho cuz still cut grass great) and motor runs smoother and exhaust is clean, no smoke and smell nice (I think I smelled corn w/ butter smoke Hee Hee)!! When the bag was full, I set the mower to idle, it died slowly. I decide to tweak the idle setting so it would run normal idle with E85. Because E85 don't burns completely like gasoline.

After I finished mowing lawn, I parked it in garage and left it for an hour to let engine cool off completely for the purpose to test to see if it starts up with COLD engine. It was rather hard to start. I decide to put it in choke and pulled few times then move throttle halfway then start, it did run but died out (remmy that my mower is over 6 or 7 years old tho). My old mower need to have choke fixed cuz it's not fully closed. Also I might have to adjust the jet inside carburator (it may be capped permanently but worth try take out plug where jet screw hidden behind it.). Because E85 require a bit more fuel to combustion chamber to start and run (It runs no problem on HOT engine tho). I found one of blog from "Gas saver" and one guy mentioned that he use E85 on his mower for 5 years and never had problems, NO parts CONVERSION. He said it smells sweet.

I guess it's worth it! LOL

The trick is that be sure to fill 1/2 tank of E85 in mower. If you are having problem starting mower. Just fill another 1/2 with Gasoline and swish it (use handlebar and lift up and down or shake sideway to mix fuel). Then Mower should be able to start right up. It depend on make and model of mower. It's not GONNA to hurt tho. ~~Don't sue me for advice~~!! It's your own risk tho.

Catty

Ahhh I see, interesting! Sounds like a fun experiment, lol. Hmmm, exhaust smells like corn with butter. lol

Ahhh I see, interesting! Sounds like a fun experiment, lol. Hmmm, exhaust smells like corn with butter. lol
:topic:
LOL. I found more information. I was correct on two things. To start mower, you must set it to FULL choke to fire up (you probably see throttle icon showing "choke" after full throttle in some model). Once it's warmed up, open it up to full throttle. If it start to be weak or dying, you can always bump it closer to Full throttle/Choke without closing choke completely. Secondly, If mower have jet on it's carburater side, you would need to tweak it by unscrew it about 1/2 turns or a bit more w/ motor running to acheive top speed and starts easier. IT's kinda technicial BUT good for those who know about engine. E85 on engine also may need to "advance" the timing a bit which is more technicial issue that I don't want to discuss further tho.

E85 do have issue with plastic, seal ect on mower. Because of it's alcohol by nature, it's corrosive to some metal, can "melt" some plastics or eat some rubbers. so best try on old mower you don't plan to keep.

Catty

Currently it went up to $3.83 and will continue to go up :(

$3.44, regular unleaded

In north central West Virginia, most gas stations are $3.65 a gallon for regular. :rl:

here is 3.50

what a sad for our costumer! wow ! not good idea about price goes up.. what is hell they thinking! they seem not think our costumers! i wonder are they care about us.. or care about thier money? just wonder.. if they are care about money than costumers, then that it good bye! they will learn hard lesson!

$3.53 for unleaded. *SIGH* a huge jump from $3.19 two weeks ago...

Wow, that is very expensive in Germany.

My town area gas cost:

$1.38 AUD per litre is $1.29 USD

1 gallon = 3.79 liters

$1.29 x 3.79 liters = $4.89 per gallon.

Not just Germany. It's almost whole Europe.

It went up to $3.51 around here. :(

If this keeps up, we could be looking at $4 this summer! Yikes!

US gas prices average now at $3.60 per gallon. in Seattle metro area it's $3.70.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back