Post your gas prices Part II

I'm not surprised, the Bay Area is still under "Spare the Air" nights that no fireplace is to be used unless you have no source of heat. We pay more to control pollution and CARB does not like the refineries in California.

CARB’s New Hidden Gas Tax Could Add Up to 76 Cents per Gallon to Fuel Costs

The cap-and-trade for fuels is a regulation already adopted by the California Air Resources Board that will increase the cost of gasoline and diesel fuels by up to 76 a cents a gallon, according to the agency’s own analysis!

- See more at: http://cafuelfacts.com/cap-and-trade-for-fuels/#sthash.PuAYJ9fA.dpuf

I just got gas for $2.49 a gallon. sonocativo , $1.70 ?? I have not seen that prices in years . That is not fair. LOL!

I'm not surprised, the Bay Area is still under "Spare the Air" nights that no fireplace is to be used unless you have no source of heat. We pay more to control pollution and CARB does not like the refineries in California.
CA has always set the standards and the rest of the country followed along. I lived there for a while (San Jose - Silicon Valley). It's also (let me say LA was also) really smoggy there and it was worse than NYC.

CARB doesn't like the refineries, why they use their own gas powered vehicles, still buy gas. I would say to CARB people, SHUT UP...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just spot Shell gas station, price sign...$3.78 regular in Kahului, Maui. Sorry I didn't see diesel price. I'll post it later. Aloha.....

In Lahaina, Maui... $3.78 regular, $3.88 unleaded, $3.98 premium and $4.78 diesel, Shell gas price sign states...

CA has always set the standards and the rest of the country followed along. I lived there for a while (San Jose - Silicon Valley). It's also (let me say LA was also) really smoggy there and it was worse than NYC.

Yes, I know LA is smoggy there than up in San Francisco area.

CARB doesn't like the refineries, why they use their own gas powered vehicles, still buy gas. I would say to CARB people, SHUT UP...

CARB has been around since the '60's.

he California Air Resources Board, also known as CARB or ARB, is the "clean air agency" in the government of California. Established in 1967 when then-governor Ronald Reagan signed the Mulford-Carrell Act, combining the Bureau of Air Sanitation and the Motor Vehicle Pollution Control Board, CARB is a department within the cabinet-level California Environmental Protection Agency.

CARB History

$1.68 for regular unleaded at the HEB in Cedar Park, TX this morning!

$2.49.00 but I know there's a few other places where the price is a little lower.....

Just spot Shell gas station, price sign...$3.78 regular in Kahului, Maui. Sorry I didn't see diesel price. I'll post it later. Aloha.....

At the same place, I filled a rental car before return to the airport, $3.70 ($3.699) regular. I check out the sign for diesel is $4.45. In Lahaina, Maui, I filled it, $3.87 regular. Diesel $4.89 a gallon. Ouch....

Lowest I've seen so far $2.15 just in time to fill up my car.

Back