Post your favorite quote

I literally have an entire file full of quotes on my computer, I collect them. Here are a few... I have hundreds of others!

Money, it turned out, was exactly like sex, you thought of nothing else if you didnt have it and thought of other things if you did. -James Baldwin (Nobody Knows My Name)

It's good to know that if I behave strangely enough, society will take full responsibility for me. -Ashleigh Brilliant

Missing someone gets easier every day, because even though it's one more day since you last saw them, it's one less day until you will see them again. —Unknown.

Wit is educated insolence. -Aristotle

Sure, it's going to kill a lot of people, but they may be dying of something else anyway. -Othal Brand

You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone. -Al Capone

Heresy is another word for freedom of thought. -Graham Greene

You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty. -Sacha Guitry

When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."
— Stephen King.

My mother said to me, "If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope." Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso. ~Pablo Picasso

This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness. -Dalai Lama

I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out. ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

I have many favorite quotes, but there is one that I see everyday. It was inscribed on the sidewalk when the cement was wet, so it is still there. I never fail to smile at it every morning and every night when I walk with my dogs.

"I want to tear off all your logic and make passionate sense to you. -Jeffrey McDaniel"

"Infinite love is the only truth.
Everything else is illusion."

No offense MEN/BOYS... heres my favorite quote of my own..

"Men are miserable because they does care about women's pussy, and uhmm...nothing else :o"

"All people have faults and shortcomings, but all of us are born with a basic goodness."

Anne Frank

Profound, considering her fate.

"Aide-toi et Dieu t'aidera"

It's "God help those who help themselves" in French I found this quote in a novel called Annapolis cuz I love reading sea stories :D

Plus another oft quoted French proverb that is a favorite from James Michener

"Plus ca change, plus n'est-ce le meme chose"

It means "The more things change, the more it stays the same"

Last edited:
I have another quote, wanna kno?

ok, here it is.

"Big closet are for clothes, not for human beings."

If you dont get it or not understand, feel free to ask me. *smiling* :D

Not exactly quotes, but proverbs are great --

Man who walk thru airport turn stile sideways going to Bangkok.
Baseball is wrong, man with four balls cannot walk.
Man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Crowded elevator smells different to midget.
"Man who scratches ass should not bite finger nails.

Originally posted by Xero
Not exactly quotes, but proverbs are great --

Man who walk thru airport turn stile sideways going to Bangkok.
Baseball is wrong, man with four balls cannot walk.
Man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Crowded elevator smells different to midget.
"Man who scratches ass should not bite finger nails.

man goes to bed with itchy ass wakes up with smelly finger.

my favorites...

"Love is the flower you've got to let grow." - John Lennon

"The first duty of love - is to listen." - Paul Tilich.

"If love is the best thing in life, Then the best part of love is the kiss."- Thomas Mann

"The world today is hungry, Not only for bread. But hungry for love; Hungry to be wanted, Hungry to be loved." - Mother Theresa.

Originally posted by PaxThoreau
"All people have faults and shortcomings, but all of us are born with a basic goodness."

Anne Frank

Profound, considering her fate.

indeed.. i think the one thing she says that strikes my heart very deeply -

"It’s a wonder I haven’t abandoned all my ideals, they seem so absurd and impractical. Yet I cling to them because I still believe, in spite of everything, that people are truly good at heart.

:)

My high school graduation is coming up this friday and this quote particularly struck me.

It is indeed ironic that we spend our school days yearning to graduate and our remaining days waxing nostalgic about our school days.
- Isabel Waxman

Back