Post office

prettypond said:
Please tell me more about city carrier and rural carrier associate positions. Are they the same job requirements or different??

They are same job requirements except they are working in city so they get piad more and wearing uniforms. As for rural carriers, they work in rural or country away from city. Some of them have to drive their own cars but lucky for me, I drive PO vechiles. Right now I am RCA, soon one one person leave RC postion then I take over this job which pay more alike 21 dollars per hour. It goes same for any city carriers, they have to start at the bottom alike fill in till one of them retires or quit then they promote to city carrier which is way more money than RC. But for me I work closer to my home and I love my boss and people who lives here.

So if you qualify, you get the job or only if they have a job posted available?

I used to be working in post office in 15 years ... When I was resign to leave to post office back in 2000. Before that time back in 1985 I have to require taking a test for LSM i did pass the test in LSM in post office ... I used to be working with union steward in 6 years it is not easy part helping with dealing the other people make them happy... I used to be working in post office EEO office i like it .... But it is not easy way ... I loves to help with deal with other people just like hearing and deaf peoples no matter what .... i used working with FSM ( flat sorting machine) it is fun job i did pass the test .. Last time I was left in post office nearly 19.00 an hour back in 2000. Now I am retired winks!!!!!

I used to be working in post office in 15 years ... When I was resign to leave to post office back in 2000. Before that time back in 1985 I have to require taking a test for LSM i did pass the test in LSM in post office ... I used to be working with union steward in 6 years it is not easy part helping with dealing the other people make them happy... I used to be working in post office EEO office i like it .... But it is not easy way ... I loves to help with deal with other people just like hearing and deaf peoples no matter what .... i used working with FSM ( flat sorting machine) it is fun job i did pass the test .. Last time I was left in post office nearly 19.00 an hour back in 2000. Now I am retired winks!!!!!

Ahhhh, you're lucky to be retired. I have worked at Post Office for 21 years now. I started with LSM and then FSM, then Mail Processing ( OCR/BCS ), I have been a Window Clerk for the last 7 years and it's been the best one so far. Only 8 more years to retirement, yeehaw!!

that is very wrong, as a former postal worker i was making nearly 20 an hour.

I agree...My friend who is deaf has worked at the Post Office for like 15 years and she bought a house about 3 years ago when housing prices were skyrocketing in MD. Now, she is planning on adding a 3rd floor on her house and she travels a lot. She has 2 children. Apparently, she must be making a lot of mooolaaa! Also, I think the benefits package is good too.

Ahhhh, you're lucky to be retired. I have worked at Post Office for 21 years now. I started with LSM and then FSM, then Mail Processing ( OCR/BCS ), I have been a Window Clerk for the last 7 years and it's been the best one so far. Only 8 more years to retirement, yeehaw!!

be patient to Defmusicman you got 8 years to go but time will be fast by fly just hang in there i hope that you can make ur retirement ... winks

I agree...My friend who is deaf has worked at the Post Office for like 15 years and she bought a house about 3 years ago when housing prices were skyrocketing in MD. Now, she is planning on adding a 3rd floor on her house and she travels a lot. She has 2 children. Apparently, she must be making a lot of mooolaaa! Also, I think the benefits package is good too.

Yes it s crazy that P.O workers earn more $$ than teachers. Jeez.

my deaf gf work po-31 years --take civil service test without reading pass hire first deaf into great lakes po. not happy must work weekend finally got bid sat/sun off 10 years ago! not much hire now bcs all is automatically machines less people run them. example lights out po all robots -currenty test seems successfull now.

my deaf gf work po-31 years --take civil service test without reading pass hire first deaf into great lakes po. not happy must work weekend finally got bid sat/sun off 10 years ago! not much hire now bcs all is automatically machines less people run them. example lights out po all robots -currenty test seems successfull now.
Interest, is she working at the plant? Is she only one deaf work there? We have alot deaf people work at PO here in Southern Calif.

Back