fl00ridageek

Reaction score
Just want to see where you guys hail from

28.jpg

West Palm Beach, FL

Just want to see where you guys hail from

28.jpg

West Palm Beach, FL

I recognize it. Though that skyline is different from what I remember back a few years ago. There is a building down on Flagler that is no longer there. The Pennsylvania Residence run by the Carmelite sisters at Noreen McKeen was imploded a few years back and they rebuilt.

That area is just 12 miles from my home.

Do u ever go to DPHH south florida event?

Never heard of that. I go to PBCAD every month for a deaf movie and once in a a while for deaf socials. I don't go out very much. Too much family drama to deal with.

Cool. So...ala "say something", I'm gonna ask what river is this? :lol:

That would be the Des Moines river. But the Raccoon river runs here too. It is a very watery city!

But beautiful. Supposedly Iowa means beautiful land in a native language.

That would be the Des Moines river. But the Raccoon river runs here too. It is a very watery city!

Thanks, Botti, yes, it is beautiful and watery if there's tributaries running into it. Probably a lot of tribes between IA & MN. If I recall correctly, the Chippewa is the largest nation in MN, mostly up north. I was born and raised in Faribault, not that far from your northern border.

Another view of my city. Sorry I don't know how to make them bigger.
West_Palm_Beach_Florida.jpg

I found a tidbit that I hope doesn't offend you. According to Wikipedia...

It is also claimed that the name "des Moines" is the result of a hoax. In 1673 Father Jacques Marquette met some representatives of the Peoria tribe near the mouth of the modern-day Des Moines River. He asked them the name of the rival tribes that lived further along the banks of the river. The Peoria told him that the tribe was called the Moingana, which became the root for the word "Moines." But researcher Michael McCafferty of Indiana University, while studying the now-extinct Miami-Illinois language, discovered that Moingana, translated literally, meant "shit faces."

I found a tidbit that I hope doesn't offend you. According to Wikipedia...

It is also claimed that the name "des Moines" is the result of a hoax. In 1673 Father Jacques Marquette met some representatives of the Peoria tribe near the mouth of the modern-day Des Moines River. He asked them the name of the rival tribes that lived further along the banks of the river. The Peoria told him that the tribe was called the Moingana, which became the root for the word "Moines." But researcher Michael McCafferty of Indiana University, while studying the now-extinct Miami-Illinois language, discovered that Moingana, translated literally, meant "shit faces."

:lol: Strange, but not offensive.

newyorkcitywithtwintowers.jpg

I picked the biggest city to mine cause mine is so minuscule.
I still miss this skyline. And will never be comfortable with it changed. :(

Back