Popping the Question

jtajlj

Reaction score
Hey All,

So I want to pop the question to my current girlfriend. We have talked about marriage and a few times she has just looked at me and said Marry me already.

As you know I am deaf in one ear and HoH in the other, She is hearing with minor hearing loss in one ear.

She doesn't like surprises so I am not sure how to ask her any suggestions?

Hey All,

So I want to pop the question to my current girlfriend. We have talked about marriage and a few times she has just looked at me and said Marry me already.

As you know I am deaf in one ear and HoH in the other, She is hearing with minor hearing loss in one ear.

She doesn't like surprises so I am not sure how to ask her any suggestions?

Send a text from work, asking if she would like to go buy wedding rings now.

Hire a private plane, flying the banner..."Baby, will you marry me"?...It's close to Valentine's Day!....Perfect time to ask her to be ur wife....GOOD LUCK!

I would be a dead man she doesn't like surprises.

If she doesn't like suprises... make appt with her and tell her what is it about? Proposal! :shock:

You: Honey... let make an appt at 7:30 PM tonight, so we can meet together.
Her: What appt is about?
You: I like to propose you.
Her: Oh..that will be fine. I'll see you at 7:30 PM tonight
You: great!

Surprise her anyway! Women secretly love surprises. ;) Especially when it comes to proposals.

She doesn't like surprises?

Heh, I have a feeling marriage is going to be full of surprises! ;) But if she really doesn't like them, at least plan something nice and romantic (you could decorate a room in the house in red with lots of petals and candles or something? Whatever she likes. IDK), but as Bott's said, let her know beforehand that you're going to propose.

Good luck!

I wish but she doesn't a surprise can lead to me sleeping on the porch for the next month.

maybe you can try to talk to her one more time. Just ask her to see what kind of engagment ring does she like that's where it leads to a final decision as to if she wants to marry you.

Give her a box of candy with the ring in it for Valentine's day. That's romantic and she is expecting it. She's already told you to propose and shown you the ring. lol Report back, please. Good luck!

Just tell her, "Hey, let's just get married now. I got you the ring."

Heres a little history to help.

Jenn is 28 in her 10th year of College she as an Associates of Science in Historical Preservation and Restoration, a Bachelors of Social Science with a concentration in History, a Bachelors of Social Science with a concentration in Geography and is working on her Masters in Secondary Education.

Her and I dated from 2006 - 2008 when I moved to Florida to take over as a Manager in my families company we mutually decided the distance was to great and not fair to the other person so we broke up.

Since then we where both in very abusive relationships and she has had a son by her ex.

When I moved back to West Virginia in June 2010 we talked and decided to date again and I have stepped up to be a father to her son.

Because of complications she developed while being pregnant she takes a blood thinner and a medication for migraines the migraine medication make her memory go out the window we are lucky if she remembers things for an hour.

Her parents don't understand that this is a side effect of the medication and bellieve she is only ignoring them to the point that they are abusive of her by screaming at her.

The other day she told someone that I am honestly the only person that understands her.

When she was pregnant the first time she ate popcorn like it was going out of style well she ate popcorn last night as a treat to herself and today when she left for class her dad threatened that if she is pregnant again that he will kill her and the unborn child.

I know that her wanting to get married to me has been there since the first time we dated however I am also sure that how she is treated by her parents is another reason.

When we are home with just her, her son and I, I see a completely different person then what I see when her parents are home.

I want to be her husband so bad and always have. I just have to find a way to ask that won't upset her.

As long as it is memorable, and gives her something to remember, you will be fine. For example, take her out to her favorite restaurant and propose after dinner, or go somewhere with a nice view, watch the sun set and ask... Something like that would be good in my opinion if she doesn't like surprises. It will still surprise her, but it will be something she can remember - she can look back and say "he proposed to me at my favorite restaurant _____, and then we _____" . It gives her a story to tell down the road.

That's just my opinion. Good luck. Looking forward to hearing what happens with this.

I am interested in the outcome as well. I hope it works out.

Life is full of surprises. Nothing usually goes according to plan.

I've been married long enough to tell you this: When you marry someone, you are also marrying their issues/problems AND their families. Those things never go away. If you are willing to do this, more power to you.

Prenup is your best friend. Get a prenup before you tie the knot. Trust me on this one.

Give her a box of candy with the ring in it for Valentine's day. That's romantic and she is expecting it. She's already told you to propose and shown you the ring. lol Report back, please. Good luck!
I like this idea best.

Back