popping sound in unimplanted ear

hotmr2

Reaction score
Hi I've finally switch on two days ago. Iwent for second mapping today and starting to hear better . At first switch all i hear was bells and beeps. So today was better but then my other ear thats un implanted . i either wore hearing aid or even without. every time i hear sounds from my implant ear i seems to hear popping /knocking sounds in my other ear which seems to make it harder for me to listern on my implanted ear.... would this go away soon? does anyone have this before?

regards

Well I've had mine on for about 6 week now. Never had the popping sounds in either ear. My CI is in the right ear and left has ha. My first activation appointment was two hours and when done I could hear sounds but not really identify at first. In fact I was afraid it was not going to work at all because I did not hear a thing for about 5 min. or more. Now thing she was just being cautious not to get to loud. Anyway second mapping was a week later and then a week after that. Was supposed to have about 6 at one week intervals but ended up with three then went to two weeks for one and now on a month schedule I guess. At first sounds in CI seemed way off on the right and about three feet from me. That has gradually changed so that now most seems to be in head where it should be. Comprehension has gone up considerably with CI. While I'm sure I'm still lip reading I can now go to meetings and get 80 to 90 % of what is being discussed. Seems to be getting better each day and have had a couple of phone calls that I did quite well with. At least in my opinion. Yes, voices sound different than I remember them but at least I can tell what they are saying. I'm finding that I can watch TV some and get a lot of what is being said there so I'm not complaining. Just very glad I was able to get the CI. Hope you have as good or better experience as I've had. We are all different. I did have masking noise and still do but not as bad, sounds like breeze blowing across open mic.

Hi thanks for your reply. yep i think its my CI set on to loud that makes my other ear popping mimic noise. so I have a remote N5 to turn it down ... and it seems to make the popping noise lessen abit.... I m going back for third mapping in two days time.. so I 'll ask to tune it down then

well it turns out my brand spanking new nucleus 5 processor is faulty which it makes the static /popping noise. I cant believe $8000 processor is stuffed from day 1. Atm it sent off to cochlear to be repaired. I really wanted a new replacement rather than repaired processor..... oh well .

Back