popping in ear :(

oticongirl20

Reaction score
so for the last couple days ive had this horrible popping sound in my ear when i eat and yawn kinda worried because its the same ear i had surgery on in september anyone else experiance popping sounds in ear or happen to know what it is? thanks guys :)

Might be TMJ I have it in my jaw and your symptoms are similar.
Tempormandibular Joint Disorder

Might be TMJ I have it in my jaw and your symptoms are similar.
Tempormandibular Joint Disorder

+1 - that's what I had, hence the braces, pallet expander, surgery and still wearing braces. Have not dealt with that God awful sound from yawning, eating, etc., since.

Laura

I think it is common in otosclerosis. That process is probably still going on. Wasn't your surgery just tympanoplasty?

I think it is common in otosclerosis. That process is probably still going on. Wasn't your surgery just tympanoplasty?

I have that, my ears make noise constantly, but it most of the time it sounds like a whooshing noise, kind of like when you hold a sea shell up to ear and it sounds like the ocean, I realize most of you wouldn't have expercienced that unless like me you're late deafened. They occasionally will make high pitched squeal noise, been doing that often lately which makes me nervous, I've heard that can be accompanied with more loss. fantastic, since it's been doing that iin my "good" ear.

But they don't make popping noises, at least mine don't. I just have to pop them. Otosclerosis caused a hardening in the bones in your ears, so they don't adjust to pressure changes. Normally that won't happen unless you've changed altitudes, I swear all I have to do is bend over. Other people that have otosclerosis might get a popping noise, I don't know.

Now that I'm thinking about it though about a month ago I was on my lunch break and sometimes when I opened my mouth wide to bite my sub I'd hear a loud pop, I even asked the people around me "did you ear that?" No, okay I guess that was just in my head....carry on. It only did that that one day though.

Now that I'm thinking about it though about a month ago I was on my lunch break and sometimes when I opened my mouth wide to bite my sub I'd hear a loud pop, I even asked the people around me "did you ear that?" No, okay I guess that was just in my head....carry on. It only did that that one day though.

I had that before the surgery; I couldn't eat certain fruits, some sandwitches, hard bread, because my jaw would pop. And it could be heard too, especially when I yawned - particularly when it locked and I had to force it shut with my hands....no fun.....

Laura

Back