Pope was a member of the Hitler Youth.

Nusentinsaino said:
This German pope said that he "was briefly forced to join the Hitler Youth during the WWII times"... Im surprised about this but it doesnt mean that he is a Nazi...

Your thoughts on this?

Source: http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/st...0050421/1034257394.htm&photoid=20050422LON07D
Hitler youth was manditory(*) for all German children at the time. There were no options... He maybe a Nazi or he may not. We can not really know what was in his mind as a child. We must give him the benefit of the doubt...

Yes, it´s true.

My hubby´s Grandfather and Uncle joined Youth Hilter during WWII.

The people often mixed "Youth Hilter" with "Nazi" which it´s not true.

Every teenagers in Germany were forced to join Youth Hilter group to train to be solider and fight for their country.

That is right, Liebling. Hitler's Youth (HJ or Hitlerjunge) was the only youth social club allowed by the Nazi Party, and membership was mandatory, or the families would face reprisals from the government. Some of the resistance fighters during the Nazi Regime were member of the German Wehrmacht and also the HJ. Hans Scholl, the brother of the famous Scholl Brother and Sister, of the White Rose Resistance Group, were forced to be involved with the HJ, so of course it doesn't mean anything.

Yes, Kuiji75...

My hubby´s Grandfather was just a simple solider, not as Nazi but his Uncle. There´re 2 difference between German solider and Nazi officer.

Why his Uncle joined to be Nazi officer after finish Youth Hilter group because he thought it´s "better life" until he saw what kind of life which it got him nightmare... He was regretted and should join simple solider as his father.

I realized that Germans can´t help because they were forced by government to do for their country.

One thing, I forget to add:

My hubby´s step grandfather was as Nazi prosecutor in the public. (My hubby´s mother´s mother´s husband).

I should add that Ratzinger's father, a cop, was an ardent anti-Nazi. His family had to move enough to avoid conflicts as the Nazis rose to power during the Third Reich.

Hmmm I didn't know about this...

although I did know he was born German, but I don't know if it's simple enough to trust someone who was linked to the Nazi community.

I'm totally against this kind of party, which I find it just twisted and evil. sorry.

Steel said:
Hmmm I didn't know about this...

although I did know he was born German, but I don't know if it's simple enough to trust someone who was linked to the Nazi community.

I'm totally against this kind of party, which I find it just twisted and evil. sorry.

:confused:

Germans can´t help it because they were forced to join Youth Hilter group like what I mentioned in my previous post.

They will be dead tomorrow if they said NO. They have no choice because they want to stay alive.

Youth Hilter group is nothing do with Nazi...

Wasn't there a group of German students who also protested against the Nazi party despite all the danger to their lives? Though they did it in secrecy.. left flyers and all.. but it must have been tremendously scary even to every ordinary German citizen... getting caught up in all the propangda, and then still paying for it to this day... :( if only they had internet in these days.. then they would know more about what they put themselves into. But today matters more than the past, altho the past can teach us to not repeat these mistakes. To allow everyone the basic human rights... including the new Pope and President Bush. ad homin (sp?) attacks distracts us from the real issues that we need to roll up our sleeves and work on.

Also, it might be worthy of mention that the church allegedly turned a blind eye (probably supported also) and allowed the world's first holocaust to occur in France eons ago before the Holocaust in Germany... this info you can find in Holy Blood, Holy Grail. Additional sources:
http://www.equip.org/free/DH028.htm (Christian's POV/review on Holy Blood, Holy Grail, to be fair)
http://www.ewtn.com/library/humanity/mythinqu.htm
http://www.lrb.co.uk/v23/n11/nels01_.html
http://www.ordotempli.org/priory_of_sion.htm (further reading from an inquisitor's POV on the Cathars- http://www.ordotempli.org/inquisitor_statement_on_the_cathar.htm)

Just google up for more sources if you are interested.

So it wouldn't be surprising that the Church doesn't mind such a background when they voted this guy Pope, in one viewpoint.

Liza said:
Wasn't there a group of German students who also protested against the Nazi party despite all the danger to their lives? Though they did it in secrecy.. left flyers and all.. but it must have been tremendously scary even to every ordinary German citizen... getting caught up in all the propangda, and then still paying for it to this day... :( if only they had internet in these days.. then they would know more about what they put themselves into.

check my post, that's what I was referring to, to Die Weisse Rose, The White Rose (youth resistance student group at Munich University) :D

I don't pay much attention to this sensationalistic hogwash!

Liza, I couldn't help but note the following:
The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice. - Mark Twain

As I was about to click on the next topic, I saw the Mark Twain line and thought: Yeah, and sometimes there's a precipice waiting for us at the end of a given sentence. LOL!

I'm curious Leibling, As you said above, the Germany government had force those young children to joined the " Youth Hilter group " in order to keep themselves alive, let's say what if, the germany government had told this young teenager boy to kill his little sister? will he go that far in order to save his own life?....

The way I see it, it's like they have a choice in this, either they become a murder just like those nazi, or they can refused it by not getting involved, it may cost them their lives, but can they live for the rest of their lives knowing what they have done to those innocent children and wish they could have changed something back then? by being able to at least try to save those people and the children lives from being killed....They must have knew what Nazi had done to many many women and children, Those nazi killed those women and children out of the most cruel, cold heart act of murder!!!

One of those people that were killed by the Nazi could have been a friend , a brother, a sister, a mother, a father or anyone that they may knew back then , will you rather to be part of this cruel act of murder just to keep yourself alive?...

I'm sorry for bring this up but I don't quite understand this, if you care to please explain this to me.. :ily:

I'm confused.... some of you said "Hitler's Youth" while some others said "Youth Hitler".

Which one is correct?

I :dunno: , I'm just copying off from Liebling's post, so I'm not quite sure either

oakbluffs said:
I'm confused.... some of you said "Hitler's Youth" while some others said "Youth Hitler".

Which one is correct?

Sorry to confuse you between German and English language... Yes, it should be Hilter´s Youth... NOT Youth Hilter.... Oooccchhhh!!!!

^Angel^, I´m doubt either I understand you correct or not.... I was like :confused: when I read your post... I will response your post within few hours later...

oakbluffs said:

Which one is correct?
Hitlerjunge is the Hiltler Youth for us Americans. Liebling say Youth Hitler because she is German. The translation can confuse people... So if you are in the USA it's Hitler Youth... Ironicly it is a morbid rip off of BSA - Boy Scouts of America. Sick huh? They even Killed members of the Hitler Youth for listening to Swing Music. Which is sad.

^Angel^ said:
The way I see it, it's like they have a choice in this, either they become a murder just like those nazi, or they can refused it by not getting involved, it may cost them their lives, but can they live for the rest of their lives knowing what they have done to those innocent children and wish they could have changed something back then? by being able to at least try to save those people and the children lives from being killed....They must have knew what Nazi had done to many many women and children, Those nazi killed those women and children out of the most cruel, cold heart act of murder!!!

first of all, the children are recruited into the HJ group and they go through this propaganda programme where they are brainwashed in a nationalistic fervour that they simply are the best, and that the Nazi Party is there to help everyone. Part of the responsiblities of the HJ was to clean the streets, plant plants, involve in sports, collect charities for Winterhilfe of the soldiers on the fronts, etc... They are told that they will become the Elite German Army, and hidden from the frank truths of the evils of the Nazi Party. Some of them are told that Jews are sent to other countries, or outside of Germany. Not all of them know that the Jews and other prisoners are killed.

They are told that whoever defects against the Nazi Party have to be sent to Worker's Camp to be "rehabilated" and to come back to the society as a proper Nazi supporter. For this reason, children are ordered to listen as spies to their families at their homes, and to report any dissent comments against Hitler and the Nazi Party. Then the child believes that their family member can be sent to camp to "relearn" about the wonderful things about the Nazi Party. Little do they realise that their actions were quite adverse to their family members.

Swing Kids was one of the resistance groups during Nazi time. Like I said in my first posting, even resistance groups' members were forced to either serve in the Wehrmacht (army) or the HJ (Hitler's Youth).

The Nazi Government does not work the way you (Angel) said, "what if the govt told teenager boy to murder his sister." They would collect evidence, then find a charge against the sister. For example, if the sister involved with a group who printed flyers denouncing the Nazi Government, the govt would tell the brother that the sister is a traitor to the Nazi Government. The brother, who might feel a big responsibility to the government and country, probably would agree with the govt and turn her into the govt to be imprisoned and rehabilated.

kuifje75 said:
first of all, the children are recruited into the HJ group and they go through this propaganda programme where they are brainwashed in a nationalistic fervour that they simply are the best, and that the Nazi Party is there to help everyone. Part of the responsiblities of the HJ was to clean the streets, plant plants, involve in sports, collect charities for Winterhilfe of the soldiers on the fronts, etc... They are told that they will become the Elite German Army, and hidden from the frank truths of the evils of the Nazi Party. Some of them are told that Jews are sent to other countries, or outside of Germany. Not all of them know that the Jews and other prisoners are killed.

They are told that whoever defects against the Nazi Party have to be sent to Worker's Camp to be "rehabilated" and to come back to the society as a proper Nazi supporter. For this reason, children are ordered to listen as spies to their families at their homes, and to report any dissent comments against Hitler and the Nazi Party. Then the child believes that their family member can be sent to camp to "relearn" about the wonderful things about the Nazi Party. Little do they realise that their actions were quite adverse to their family members.

Swing Kids was one of the resistance groups during Nazi time. Like I said in my first posting, even resistance groups' members were forced to either serve in the Wehrmacht (army) or the HJ (Hitler's Youth).

The Nazi Government does not work the way you (Angel) said, "what if the govt told teenager boy to murder his sister." They would collect evidence, then find a charge against the sister. For example, if the sister involved with a group who printed flyers denouncing the Nazi Government, the govt would tell the brother that the sister is a traitor to the Nazi Government. The brother, who might feel a big responsibility to the government and country, probably would agree with the govt and turn her into the govt to be imprisoned and rehabilated.

WOW :::speechless:::

And you think the Germany goverment will actually collect true evidence?...They could easy lie as they brainwashed those people in the first place....

I honestly don't know what to say about this, I mean I'm not going to do this if the American government were to kill innocent people or children just cause of their race, I won't be no part of this....

Thank you for clarify, Kuiji75.

You give the example is the best, I ever read.

But some of Germans don´t like Hilter and Nazi party. They punished to death if they said in the public that they don´t like Hilter and Nazi party or said NO to join Hilter´s Youth. Yes, some Germans were brainwashed and think what Hilter and Nazi party are great, some not.

Yes, I know Hilter work together with Nazi party but with Hilter´s Youth group is only trained to be solider, not train to kill sister, brother, mother, etc like what ^Angel^ mentioned.

They must alway said "Heil" when they see Hilter on the TV or real life. Why? because it´s him who make unemployment into 0% rate and also built highways etc. They are also punished if Nazi officer see them not say "Heil" when Hilter is around.

Like what I said in my earlier post that Germans can´t help it when they were forced to join Hilter´s Youth when they feel not want to.

The Germans were happy when the WWII over... It´s story, I received is from my MIL. She had an experience when she was 14 years old. One day later after that they all were shock to learn what Nazi did to jews, gypies, foreigeners... She´s not only one who said this but deaf old people said the same.

Nobody knows what Nazi parties did to people until the WWII over...

Germans are scared of Nazi and do what they wants.

Hilter wants to see his people have blond hair and blue eyes, also made the list of names what he wants for his people to name their babies. Germans do what Hilter says...

Yes, Hilter and his people are war criminal. Germans were free and happy after WWII is over. It´s sad that the people from other countries still call Germans as "Nazi" because they born in Germany. ***shake the head*** Look what they call new pope as Nazi because he was forced to join Hilter´s Youth like my hubby´s Grandfather and Uncle. Of course ALL of teenagers.

The example is the same with East Germans (ex-Communist). Nobody knows what Stasi party (almost similar as "Nazi party") did to their people in East Germany until the Wall of Berlin pulled down in 1990.........................

Back