Popcorn? Blood? Bedbugs Hit NYC Theaters

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Bedbugs Found Throughout New York

NEW YORK -- Bedbugs have attacked a popular movie theater in Times Square as New York battles the persistent pests. The AMC Empire 25 in Times Square was sprayed overnight and reopened Wednesday. A guest at the AMC Magic Johnson Harlem 9 theater also reported a bite in late July.

Spokesman Justin Scott said all AMC theaters in Manhattan were inspected. He said the chain takes every report seriously and acts to ensure the health of guests and employees.

Bedbugs were found in two seats at the Empire 25 during an Aug. 3 inspection, and a guest reported being bitten this past weekend. Pest control experts were called, the seats were removed and new ones were installed.

Bedbugs also have been found in several New York stores. City officials have instituted plans to fight the infestations.

Popcorn? Blood? Bedbugs Hit NYC Theaters - Irresistible News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

Yes, the bed bugs are on the rapid rise and have LOT of reports of them in their apartments/houses.

The most effective way to kill them is use heat. A pest control guy uses their heat equipment that raises the temperature to over 120 degrees to kill all of them. It can reach 134 degrees at the peak, pretty hot!

Yes, the bed bugs are on the rapid rise and have LOT of reports of them in their apartments/houses.

The most effective way to kill them is use heat. A pest control guy uses their heat equipment that raises the temperature to over 120 degrees to kill all of them. It can reach 134 degrees at the peak, pretty hot!

It means hot hair dryer would be enough job to kill them?

Yes almost, a huge heat device that heats up the room quickly. It looks kinda like a giant hair dryer.

Oh, got it and other effective is DDT but banned for consumer uses in 30 years ago but I found about bed bugs are increase to more resist to DDT now.

Oh, got it and other effective is DDT but banned for consumer uses in 30 years ago but I found about bed bugs are increase to more resist to DDT now.

Yes, the effective pest control chemical was banned and the insect population bloomed out of control which is why there are lot more bed-bugs than in the past. Seattle have issues with that, too. It's an epic in the nation.

Yes, the effective pest control chemical was banned and the insect population bloomed out of control which is why there are lot more bed-bugs than in the past. Seattle have issues with that, too. It's an epic in the nation.

Oh really, no bed bugs in here yet, I don't know when it will start come back but bed bugs have been gone in 1950's after DDT became effective in past.

Yeah, I think they are trying to find a better solution than just heating up a room or something like that. I hope it's not a repeat of the history.

Former victim of bed bugs here...they were so F************ hard to get rid of. I went thru 6 months of hell with them. I hope they dont come back.

My grandma swore that keeping things very clean would do it. She meant that you not have much padded, stuffed furniture, keep drapes washed, wash linens twice a week (yes twice), do not reuse towels. She dragged her mattresses out into the hot sun and aired them all day, turning them twice. She had throw rugs and no carpet. That is lots of work. She never had bugs though. Her neighbors were the same.
I dont have the energy. She did work 12 hours a day for 6 days a week. I dont know how she kept it up.

My grandma swore that keeping things very clean would do it. She meant that you not have much padded, stuffed furniture, keep drapes washed, wash linens twice a week (yes twice), do not reuse towels. She dragged her mattresses out into the hot sun and aired them all day, turning them twice. She had throw rugs and no carpet. That is lots of work. She never had bugs though. Her neighbors were the same.
I dont have the energy. She did work 12 hours a day for 6 days a week. I dont know how she kept it up.

According to the research I have done on bedbugs, they like clean places because they feed on humans, not on garbage.

Cockroaches, ants and etc thrive in messy places.

Oh, rather like mites then? What to do?

bedbugs are completely in a different category than the other bugs. The other bugs are easy to get rid of but bedbugs are a nightmare to get rid of.

Never seen or had one...could be becuz I live in Florida where it's hot??
The worst insect I've ever had was "sand fleas" when I lived at the beach....

I have heard of bedbugs but never seen them. My grandma talked of them. We never had them in her house. See the above description, her house was spartan and asceptic. (no it really wasnt comfortable) Poor old dear would never have come into my house. Real "comfy" is my style. lol
They were in the dorms at work once though. They took out all of the mattresses and sprayed. The dorm was closed for the summer and reopened with fresh, plasticised mattresses.

Sand fleas bite and itch! They are awful.

I saw on the news that one owner of an apartment complex spent half a million dollars in an attempt to rid a building of them and failed. Whoops.

Back