Poor For Northeast Power Outrages

Fly Free said:
:rofl: hahahah Vampy that is a VERY hilarious thought shit -- u mustve felt ridiculous after u figured out the power went out qq hahaha :laugh2: :laugh2:
It was my first time to play that part of the game so I thought it was part of the game when I saw the picture get distorted. When it finally went off, I noticed that my Gamecube and the DVD player was off. That's when I figured it out.

Hi Folks!

I am in Ottawa, Ontario which is one of major cities that was affected by massive power outage along with Toronto, Kitchener, Windsor in Canada.

It happened when I walked out of the Coles Bookstore in the shopping mall. I said "what the hell?!" when I saw lights went out. I assumed it was just a part of rolling blackout plan until I got home. I picked up my Blackberry RIM 950 pager and checked messages and news on website.
I exchanged messages with my dear friend to find out what was going on. We realized it became a serious problem when I read news about massive power outage in the Northeastern part of U.S. and major cities in Canada. So, I had to pass news from web services in my pager to him and other friends so they could passed news to their friends and families to keep them informed.

Last night the power went on at 11:20 p.m. then again it went out at 12:35 a.m. It went on again at 1:10 a.m. I recently woke up and got messages on my pager. I exchanged messages with couple of my friends to make sure that we are okay.

Thank God for creating pagers which are worthy for us Deaf people to use to keep in touch with each other in case of emergency.

There were some bad news that happened during the power outage here in Ottawa and there were some lootings taken place in some parts of capital city.

Some parts of Ottawa has not gotten their power on yet.

The city of Ottawa is under state of emergency and non-essential workers (I am one of them) are told to stay at home. Only the essential workers can go to work.

I dearly hope my friends in those affected areas especially Kitchener, Guelph, London and Toronto are all right and well.

KingCobra! HISSS!!!

Hey Folks!

It is too early to assume or place blame on anyone or anything until the investigations are thorough. I am sure they power company and government officials will tell us causes of the massive power failure when they finish their investigations. Give them time and we will have their answers in due time.

It is really ridiculous to think and assume that the fire at nuclear power plant caused a massive power outage. If the fire at nuclear power plant already happened, the massive cloud of radiation would spew out of that plant and flow over several states. They will kill some thousands of people and inflict long-term illness on many thousands of people.

Remember Chernobyl in April 1986?

That is why we have to let the power company and government officials do their investigative works and tell us what caused massive power outage.

KingCobra! HISSS!!!

They are coming up with many reasons:
  • fire
  • overload
  • hacked (blaster virus)
  • lightning
They still don't know what happened. Imagine, a national blackout!? This would encourage Saddam to nuke us!

:shock: I lived and survived to tell about it!! Heh!! I live in Kitchener, Ontario where one of the areas of the major blackout was hit. Luckily I was able to chat with a special someone before the blackout hit.. then I logged off line. Half-hour the blackout hit and there were no electricity and it was 6+ hours of no electricity. After electricity was restored, I couldn't go online because cable wasn't restored yet. PAH! Cable was restored this morning and I was able to get in touch with my loved ones and let them know of what happened etc. I was so surprised to learn of the severity of the blackout.

Inspection time! Freaky, are you pregnant and are you able to identify da Daddy!??? :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Stoopid joke, Tousi.....tsk...tsk...

Tousi said:
Inspection time! Freaky, are you pregnant and are you able to identify da Daddy!??? :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Stoopid joke, Tousi.....tsk...tsk...

:rofl: Tousi!!! You still manage to crack me up!! Mah gewdness I dont know what I'd do without you as a great friend!! :rofl:

Hi Folks!

As a Canadian, I think it is ridiculous for both Canadian and US officials to blame at each other while we are still under this crisis. What they need is to work together with the power companies and to do investigative works and find answers. Then share results of their joint investigation with the public.

It is really a shame to see them both be indifferent about us, ordinary citizens who need their helps and assurances to deal with this crisis.

It is time that they are looking at us and see what they can help us.

KingCobra! HISSS!!!

Finally we in Mahanttan got the power back at 9 pm since been over 24 hours no power gee it was nightmare for us dang we are the last one got it back in some areas that got back but in our area was the last one lol :fu2: ..It was hard for us since struggling in the dark that most of batteries, candles and flashlight were sold out so we just put us in group with candles outside on the street cuz inside of apt was pretty hot. It wasn't so bad since back in 1977 with many break in and voilent around. So we are glad it is over and safe. :D

i am just happy they are out of light in n.y. people need to learn save some election.

DrStar80 said:
i am just happy they are out of light in n.y. people need to learn save some election.

You should talk.. Texas has their own electricity infrastructure. They have their own grid system, therefore no blackouts.

DrStar80 said:

excuse me? are u aware that MOST people in the US are very dependent on elecricity, you need to think before you say it. How would you feel if the elecricity went out in your area? you wouldn't be able to watch TV, go on the computer, no lights at night time, no A/C when the weather's extremely hot for at least two days or a week? jeez

sweetgal154 said:
excuse me? are u aware that MOST people in the US are very dependent on elecricity, you need to think before you say it. How would you feel if the elecricity went out in your area? you wouldn't be able to watch TV, go on the computer, no lights at night time, no A/C when the weather's extremely hot for at least two days or a week? jeez
a good way to get in touch with mother nature... i believe that most of those folks has taken this crap for granted.... i think it was a humbling experience

hey how's everyone doing now that the power is back on and etc. ? going back to normal? i guess we got more baby boomers coming now LOL!

javapride said:
hey how's everyone doing now that the power is back on and etc. ? going back to normal? i guess we got more baby boomers coming now LOL!

Hi Folks!

Everything is great here. I have not reported to work for two days in row and possibly this week if the ongoing situation has not changed.

Another week for my vacation eh?!

KingCobra! HISSS!!!

Back