Polygraph Testing

Kelpies

Reaction score
I believe it is very common in USA, but I wondered how they work on deaf people.

How about the hypnotic testing, too?

Well, it adds up to our advantages being deaf in case if we deaf people are forced to take them whenever it comes! :lol:

I have wondered the same thing when they do poyograph tests on deaf people. It is a really tricky part.

How about the hypnotic testing, too?

Well, it adds up to our advantages being deaf in case if we deaf people are forced to take them whenever it comes! :lol:

We might not be able to wake up then. Scary, isn’t it?

How about pressing a button like those in audiology testing? Like one for "no" and one for "yes." Have your arms still and press the button gently.

Or have a headset over your eyes, and then you move your eyes towards the "yes" or "no" box like those in video games.

I took one, but I passed it.

It records your emotion and heart rates. So if you can't hear them then it will show. If you try to tell a lie your body will act differently then when you tell the truth.

I would think for a complete deaf person you will have a interpreter and some way of indication yes or no.

But since i can hear with HA I couldn't tell you what the process is for some one who is deaf.

I would think for a complete deaf person you will have a interpreter and some way of indication yes or no.

I was going to say the same thing about using a terp, but didn't know if this was an effective accommodation -- especially since I've never taken a polygraph myself. :dunno:

There are deaf people working for the CIA in VA, NSA in MD and DIA in DC. Also NGA (formerly DMA and NIMA). Everyone are required to take a poly before get hire, then every 5 years. everyone from the lowest clerk to the deputy director....all you need is an interpreter, stay and don't move, and just nod your head yes or no. The poly can be tiring like up to 4 hours.

There are deaf people working for the CIA in VA, NSA in MD and DIA in DC. Also NGA (formerly DMA and NIMA). Everyone are required to take a poly before get hire, then every 5 years. everyone from the lowest clerk to the deputy director....all you need is an interpreter, stay and don't move, and just nod your head yes or no. The poly can be tiring like up to 4 hours.

Can you please tell me where are VA, MD etc? I'm a british!!! :ty:

I have wondered the same thing when they do poyograph tests on deaf people. It is a really tricky part.

They can respond in sign. The machine takes the measurement of skin reaction when the response is given. It doesn't have to be oral. A signed response would give the same skin reactions that the machine uses to determine if a person is giving a dishonest answer.

They can respond in sign. The machine takes the measurement of skin reaction when the response is given. It doesn't have to be oral. A signed response would give the same skin reactions that the machine uses to determine if a person is giving a dishonest answer.
That's true... unless it was Homer Simpson. ;)

[yt]e2gnu1WXQk0[/yt]

Sometimes, they can fool the poyograph test.

You're exactly right.

Sometimes, they can fool the poyograph test.

You are right. Sometimes it is possible, but it rarely happens, because the machine measures responses that are extremely difficult to control such as a rise in skin temperature, respiration rates, and autonomic responses. Usually the only people that can prevent these reactions are the ones that don't truly understand the difference between the truth and a lie.

Back