Polygamy

The more partners you have in a relationship, the more jealousy there is whether those involved want to admit it or not.

The more partners you have in a relationship, the more jealousy there is whether those involved want to admit it or not.

I can see it now. Tell the polygamists they're just jealous. :giggle:

Yep, Jealousy is in man's nature. It will cause problems in polygamy relationships.

Except those without jealousy.

It's man very nature to be jealous. Ever since Cain and Abel, jealousy has been here on Earth. Some people act on their jealousy more than others....

It's man very nature to be jealous. Ever since Cain and Abel, jealousy has been here on Earth. Some people act on their jealousy more than others....

You could be right. Honestly, I have felt jealousy before, but no longer. Weird.

I can see it now. Tell the polygamists they're just jealous. :giggle:

but that doesn't make any sense. you're thinking in a monogamous sense.

if people practices polygamy.. they knew what they were in for and they believe in it. Middle Easterners have been doing it for centuries. no problem.

but that doesn't make any sense. you're thinking in a monogamous sense.

if people practices polygamy.. they knew what they were in for and they believe in it. Middle Easterners have been doing it for centuries. no problem.

Nope, not if the women demand that they have more than one husband at the same time. That is exactly what I have been talking about. Men want more women for themselves but at the same time demanding that the women stay faithfully to them.

Nope, not if the women demand that they have more than one husband at the same time. That is exactly what I have been talking about. Men want more women for themselves but at the same time demanding that the women stay faithfully to them.

then you're talking about a group of people who are not cut out for polygamy cuz that's not how it works.

then you're talking about a group of people who are not cut out for polygamy cuz that's not how it works.

Please explain.

Polygamy is multiple marriages. Polygyny is multiple wives. Polyandry is multiple husbands. Don't you mean that muslim countries are not cut out for polyandry?

Please explain.

Polygamy is multiple marriages. Polygyny is multiple wives. Polyandry is multiple husbands. Don't you mean that muslim countries are not cut out for polyandry?

If people have jealousy problem, then they're not cut out for polyandry or polygamy. I'm just saying that Middle Easterners have no problem with it.

Most Westerners are not cool with it because they're monogamous even though they cheat around.

If people have jealousy problem, then they're not cut out for polyandry or polygamy. I'm just saying that Middle Easterners have no problem with it.

Most Westerners are not cool with it because they're monogamous even though they cheat around.

Exactly right. That is why we do not see much of it in the USA anyway.

This was in today's paper:

Attachments

• poly.jpg
    poly.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 26
I've watched interviews and read various articles here and there about women in polygamist relationships with a man and they will tell you that there are times that they get jealous of each other, especially if they feel like their husband is spending too much time with a certain wife, or if one wife feels like she is being ignored because of all the other wives. On top of that, the husband isn't supporting just ONE family, he's supporting MULTIPLE families, especially if they are in a religion where women working in the public sphere is frowned upon or simply not allowed. That means things can get stretched very thin among the families if the husband has more than he can financially support.

Not necessarily. It really depends on the culture. The US seems to have more of a problem with jealousy than most other cultures. The whole focus of our society is on ownership. The more you own, the more successful you are. That translates into the attitude of ownership in a relationship. And GAWD knows, the worst thing that can happen when you own something is to have someone take it away from you.

I've watched interviews and read various articles here and there about women in polygamist relationships with a man and they will tell you that there are times that they get jealous of each other, especially if they feel like their husband is spending too much time with a certain wife, or if one wife feels like she is being ignored because of all the other wives. On top of that, the husband isn't supporting just ONE family, he's supporting MULTIPLE families, especially if they are in a religion where women working in the public sphere is frowned upon or simply not allowed. That means things can get stretched very thin among the families if the husband has more than he can financially support.

That is in polygamous relationships in the US or other Westernized cultures. That doesn't mean it applies to all polygamous relationships.

Back