Polyamory Relationships Or One By One?

I'd like to ask a devil advocate's question, if this will not bother the creator of this topic: Are human beings naturally polyamorus? Why and why not?

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude or anything..why do I have a feeling it is {edited}?

Last edited by a moderator:
rather one to one relationship that way will keep things in simple way no complicated or jealous or anything like that with other people....cuz one of my friend told me that he have over 100 gfs i was like :ugh: but he is full of :bsflag: lol

Cheri said:
Polyamory has nothing to do with children, It's about having more than one lovers, in another term "many lovers" I just explain it on the point of my thread, (First lover, secondly lover) It's another example of having more fun, than sticking with just one relationship. That's what it means. ;)

http://www.smoocherie.com/polyvspolygamy.htm

So, basically, sleeping around? That's what it sounds like to me.

MorriganTait said:
People in committed polyamorous relationships are not at a particularly higher risk of disease than monogamous people are.

I have three friends, two men and a woman who have essentially always been in love with one another, and have always been togehter since they were basically just kids. They have a child together who is now a grown, happy, well adjusted adult. That said, I have seen few people who can maintain a polyamorous relationship for long term. Most people I have known who define themselves as polyamorous were in committed relationships with multiple partners all in a relationship together - not "open marriages" where each partner had many other partners separate from the marriage.

I understand what you're saying, but it doesn't wash with me. I guess I'm old fashioned.

*shrug*

fei ku said:
rather one to one relationship that way will keep things in simple way no complicated or jealous or anything like that with other people....cuz one of my friend told me that he have over 100 gfs i was like :ugh: but he is full of :bsflag: lol

I remember that! Too impossible for him to having 100 girlfriends? :ugh: Also I never see him with one of them. Did you, Fei Ku?

Each to their own.

In regards to Polyamory , I say each to their own, different strokes for differnt folks and all that.

Poly lovestyles may not be for everyone and neither are mono lovestyles. What matters is keeping an open mind and being tolerant of everyone else's lifestyle choices.

:ily:

Sweetheart said:
I remember that! Too impossible for him to having 100 girlfriends? :ugh: Also I never see him with one of them. Did you, Fei Ku?

lmao i dont see anyone with him! all i see is he end up being single everytime he hang out with us...*rme*

Monogamy for me! I don't like Polygamy cuz once one person cheats and everybody get some kind of VD.
Besides, it is Golden Rule that I like.

Lolz, have y'all watch the HBO series, "BIG LOVE", they are good show but My wife and i was interesting about their culture and religious. We are not believe in Polygamist like y'all talkin about Polygamy or Polyamory. I suggestion, y'all should to trying to watch Big Love on HBO Series because it's interesting show, you know?

Thanks
Cuebie

In the beginning of this thread, I had trouble understanding the difference between polyamory and polygamy.

At any rate, I still stick to my original viewpoints. One relationship is best; especially where children are involved. I differ on whether someone should get married if there's a child involved, but I still think you and the child are better off if Mommy or Daddy sticks to one partner.

I like the idea of either 3 women or one man and two women relationship.

I agree with Liza and Demon on this. Each to his own.

I learned that term from a guy who wanted to go in that situation with me, I don't want any guy who wants two women at the same time just to spice up his life.

Do you still see the guy? A guy mentioned something like that to me too. I was all for it, but it turned out he was a player. He just wanted to get rid of me. He told me that he thought the idea of another woman would put me off but it didn't. I was very keen to see her.

A variation of the two: Being involved in one relationship, as soon as the fire dulls, it's time to pursue another.

A variation of the two: Being involved in one relationship, as soon as the fire dulls, it's time to pursue another.

I think this is a totally differant thing altogether. From what I understand Poly relationships is about sticking together with more then one partner. Including through rough patches. NOT about dump partner as soon as they overstay their welcome.

In fact I think this less likely to happen unless partner is abusive. As the 2 other members in group still have each other.

Back