Polyamory Relationships Or One By One?

i believe in one relationship. I'm not into that stuff!

I know somebody, who believe in polyamory but couple re in relationship, but believe do it with other people. (they re very open minds)

I rather one relationship to stick w/ my bf~~ I dont believe in it since i have seen several women who are involve with and few of them got jealousy and drove them madness...

One at a time. . .

I don't need to compete with Solomon from the Bible who had 300 wives and 700 concubines. . .
~ Talk about major headaches! ~

Phil Moos the deaf leader in New Jersey is a lovely resource on polyamory since he does it.

Richard

Oceanbreeze said:
One at a time. Polygamy is illegal and immoral.

Polyamory is not illegal therefore if you read very careful at the spelling, I said "polyamory" not "polygamy". They are kinda the same thing but different meaning. ;)

Cheri said:
Polyamory is not illegal therefore if you read very careful at the spelling, I said "polyamory" not "polygamy". They are kinda the same thing but different meaning. ;)[/QUOTE

Whatever. :roll:

Excuse me for not understanding the term. The point I was making was that a monogamist relationship is best, imho.

Polyamory may not be illegal, but its not healthy; especially when a child is born from the polyamory relationships. People who don't practice monogamy run the risk of diseases and such. I also be believe it is best to MARRY, so that the child has a stable environment he or she can grow up in.

Last edited:
I only know of the words, polygamy and polyandry. Cheri, pls tell me where I can find your word.

Oceanbreeze said:
Whatever. :roll:

Excuse me for not understanding the term. The point I was making was that a monogamist relationship is best, imho.

Polyamory may not be illegal, but its not healthy; especially when a child is born from the polyamory relationships. People who don't practice monogamy run the risk of diseases and such. I also be believe it is best to MARRY, so that the child has a stable environment he or she can grow up in.

Polyamory has nothing to do with children, It's about having more than one lovers, in another term "many lovers" I just explain it on the point of my thread, (First lover, secondly lover) It's another example of having more fun, than sticking with just one relationship. That's what it means. ;)

Tousi said:
I only know of the words, polygamy and polyandry. Cheri, pls tell me where I can find your word.

Polygamy technically means 'many spouses' and is focused on having marriage commitments with multiple people at a time. The term can refer to any combination of configurations. I have found, at least in my local community, that polyamorists with multiple spousal level commitments shy away from using the term polygamy to describe their relationship model because of the confusion of the term socially meaning something like what the documentary Inside Polygamy depicts.

Polyamory is a term that means 'many loves'. It does not imply that people are looking to marry multiple people (nor does it exclude that they may). Those loves may be explored in a variety of relationship styles - from dating, to living together, to raising kids together, group marriages or any combination thereof. I would even go so far to say that polygamy can be considered a form of polyamorous relationship. But the term polyamory itself does not set up a goal or ideal of marriage. Marriage commitments may or may not play a role in the practice of polyamory.

http://www.smoocherie.com/polyvspolygamy.htm

BTW.... how did you learn about the term, Cheri?

Hmmm.. I was thinking if one thinks such people are sick or immoral for feeling this way, consider how people think about homosexuality and bisexuality to this day.

What is normal, anyway? Can one size really fit all?

A thought... :)

Liza said:
BTW.... how did you learn about the term, Cheri?

I learned that term from a guy who wanted to go in that situation with me, I don't want any guy who wants two women at the same time just to spice up his life.

Oceanbreeze said:
People who don't practice monogamy run the risk of diseases and such.
People in committed polyamorous relationships are not at a particularly higher risk of disease than monogamous people are.

I have three friends, two men and a woman who have essentially always been in love with one another, and have always been togehter since they were basically just kids. They have a child together who is now a grown, happy, well adjusted adult. That said, I have seen few people who can maintain a polyamorous relationship for long term. Most people I have known who define themselves as polyamorous were in committed relationships with multiple partners all in a relationship together - not "open marriages" where each partner had many other partners separate from the marriage.

Thanks, Cheri! *Ok, Tousi, time to get a new dictionary or fall off the edge of the earth!*
:D

I rather one relationship only.

Open marriage
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_marriage

Polyamory
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyamory

There're many different of Polyamories...

Like this:

Living together with a partner who allow his/her partner to involve with other partner...

It's also relate to "Open marriage" as well...

A husband agree to let his wife to sex with other partners as a wife agree to let her husband to sex with other partners.

Example about Princess Diana and Prince Charles. It took Diana few months to let Charles to have sex with Camille as Diana had sex with James Hewitt as well... It call "open marriage". (Of course I know Diana don't like it but she have to accept it because she love Charles so much).

I know 2 couples in England, I befriend with before I married. They have children by their own before they become involve "open marriage". They told me open about their marriage life. They beleive to lead "open marriage" because it helps to get "stress" out and build good and bond relationship. (Bear your mind that it's not my opinion, but their...) The rumor spread out about them when one of them got pregnant during open marriage. After birth, a boy look like other couple's husband because of blond hair... :ugh: They denied that it's not him but her own husband... (married couple have each light blond and dark blond - other married couple have both dark hair).

I have a friend who is also open marriage as well here in Germany. She and her husband lead open marriage for years until they start family then quit. They said the same what 2 British couple said (see above). They went to sex group to share sex with others... They agree each other... They are happily married for over 25 years now. She allow her husband "cheat" her with other woman when he was in Rebah. at 5 years ago because their 2 boys didn't see it. They don't want their boys know about their "open marriage".

To me, I think it's unfair to start family during "open-marriage"/ Polyamory relationship. I feel that polyamory relationship is not real love... I find sad when anyone who start baby during polyamory relationship which it's unfair. I think if a woman make sure if her partner really love only her then start a family with her. Why should I let him to make a baby with me if I know he doesn't love me... :ugh:

Last edited:
Cheri said:
I learned that term from a guy who wanted to go in that situation with me, I don't want any guy who wants two women at the same time just to spice up his life.

Wow.. the ways we learn about things... LOL... Cheri, I applaud you for sticking to your guns. You are entitled to a relationship that you feel to be healthy and best for you. Yeah, it has to take two people to have the same inclinations and to agree on it.

I'm also impressed that you remained neutral about the subject in this thread, and offered info on it.

I used to be against poly relationships before, but I changed my mind when I saw a HBO special on swingers who have families and partnerships. It really had an impact on me. If I don't think it is right to judge different lifestyles, and I think having polyamory relationships are considered a different lifestyle. I feel I have to accept it as such because of my belief in having tolerance for all lifestyles. As long as everyone knows what they are doing and they all are into it. Sometimes polyamory could be just unrequited love for a few people at once or something that people don't act on.

Back