[POLL] Would you buy a Verizon iPhone?

Jiro, buy 3D glasses...it look better....

sch-w960-garfield.jpg

He can use it. :giggle:

It looks like people can buy an unlocked CDMA phone to work on Sprint's network. I don't know if that will work because unlocked CDMA phones are rare, maybe impossible to do since they have no sim cards...altho iPhones don't have sim cards on AT&T. Most of them are GSM phones like Tmobile and AT&T uses.

Not rush to buy it till seeing new iPhone 5 on June.

There's no 4G/LTE service in my area what is the point? It usually takes 2 years to get new technology in our area as it is rural. Not everyone lives in a major city where the latest technology is available almost immediately. :) I think I will get iPhone 4 now and wait until we get 4G/LTE service here then upgrade to iPhone 6 or 7.

I am sticking with AT&T I am pretty happy with them... rate locked and unlimited so I am now on iPhone 4 so I will be skipping 5th gen. iPhone which might come out this summer or so and my contract end around when 6th gen.iPhone will come out.

I started with iPhone 3G I skipped Original and 3GS my brother started with Original and is now on 3GS so when his contract is about to expire he will have iPhone 4. lol we are leapfrogging each other.

So when iOS 4.3 comes out, it will have personal hotspot (rumor but hope it's true - unlike tethering), I will still be on unlimited data under TAP plan (grandfathered in OFC) :D

this link: iOS 4.3 beta arrives for devs, brings AirPlay video support to apps, personal hotspot and customizable iPad side switch (update: video!) -- Engadget talk about personal hotspot and home gesture and return of orient lock on side switch for iPad

No, I tried touch screen only devices and could never get the hang of them. Also I have no love for Apple and their overpriced, locked down devices and OS. Epic and Android is my next pager

I get good service on Verizon. The only time I've had a dropped call is when I dropped my phone and the phone broke apart. I've noticed it's hard talking to my friends on AT&T, the call will often get dropped mid conversation.

However the Verizon customer service can get pretty shitty at times.

I adore my Virgin Mobile. I have the Rumor Touch and hubby got the new Samsung. Son and daughter got one too. We think the coverage, service areas and convenience are almost as great as the price. Hubby and I got the 25.00 and kids use the voice so they went with the 40.00 plan. It is awesome.
Verizon still yucky though.

No I will not buy CDMA based phones. GSM serves me well because of worldwide acceptance and international roaming between carriers. Australia Government had forced mobile carriers to kill their CDMA networks

CDMA only available in USA and very few in other countries but they don't have wider acceptance just like GSM had

I don't believe I will be traveling abroad anytime soon so I will be satisfied with CDMA-based phones for now. Once the GSM gets better coverage in my area, I will consider going to a GSM phone.

I don't believe I will be traveling abroad anytime soon so I will be satisfied with CDMA-based phones for now. Once the GSM gets better coverage in my area, I will consider going to a GSM phone.

Yes, Dixie. iPhone GSM had SIM card slot. CDMA iPhone don't have SIM card slot. Weird! CDMA network is few countries. GSM network is most countries.

I have had the Virgin mobile for a few months now with never a dropped call.

Back