Poll: Support For Gay Marriage Growing

Don't care about how shock are you and Santorum is viciously anti-gay politician.

How is he anti-gay?

I know you think I am trying to "pick a fight" but I am not. I still do not see what rights are being violated. Federal Benefits are subject to "definitions" as we both can agree on. One group receives benefits while another is denied the same benefits based on definitions - correct?

Benefits are not "rights" (or are they?)

To put it another way, if hearing people started to protest that they should be given equal treatment by the Federal Government that the Deaf and Disabled receive, would you then agree that hearing people were being discriminated against when those benefits are denied to them?

Are homosexuals allowed to vote? Do they have to sit at the back of the bus? Do they have to sit in their own corner of a restaurant and use separate bathrooms? Were they ever considered to be 1/4 human? Can they legally be denied any service based on their sexual orientation?

Those are rights - so again, what rights are being denied?

Yes, they did disrupt the speech. It was a speech by a Presidential candidate, not a "love fest"....actually, why were they kissing?...Perhaps they were elated at the speech?.....or they wanted to put on a show?....Seriously, why would any couple, gay or straight, want to "make out" during a candidate's speech?...If they didn't like the candidate, or the issues he stood on, why didn't they just stay home? And kiss there?

How is he anti-gay?

I know you think I am trying to "pick a fight" but I am not. I still do not see what rights are being violated. Federal Benefits are subject to "definitions" as we both can agree on. One group receives benefits while another is denied the same benefits based on definitions - correct?

Benefits are not "rights" (or are they?)

To put it another way, if hearing people started to protest that they should be given equal treatment by the Federal Government that the Deaf and Disabled receive, would you then agree that hearing people were being discriminated against when those benefits are denied to them?

Are homosexuals allowed to vote? Do they have to sit at the back of the bus? Do they have to sit in their own corner of a restaurant and use separate bathrooms? Were they ever considered to be 1/4 human? Can they legally be denied any service based on their sexual orientation?

Those are rights - so again, what rights are being denied?

I have to answer only one question that you asked about Santorum is anti-gay rights politician.
Rick Santorum: Same Sex Relationships Don't 'Benefit Society'
Santorum To Gay Man: You Don't Deserve 'Privilege' Of Marriage Because Gay Unions Don't 'Benefit Society' | ThinkProgress
Rick Santorum - Gay Marriage

Champion of Faith & Families | Rick Santorum for President
When activist judges took it upon themselves to redefine marriage, and with it the underpinnings of the traditional American family and our First Amendment right to Freedom of Religion, Rick spearheaded the debate in favor of Federal Marriage Amendment in 2004. Rick successfully fought even members of his own Party and had the amendment brought to the Senate floor for public debate in two successive Congresses. Even though he knew he would be labeled a bigot or worse by members of the liberal elite, Rick Santorum understood this issue was far too important to the future of our society not to be debated before the American public.

Rick understands that our freedom to practice our faith is not just under attack through the redefinition of marriage, but in nearly every facet of the popular culture. As a member of the United States Senate, Rick authored the “Workplace Religious Freedom Act” to ensure individuals of all faith could not be discriminated against while on the job. Rick also founded the Congressional Working Group on Religious Freedom to ensure that the principle of Freedom of Religion would not be infringed upon.

Since leaving the Senate in 2007, Rick has spent much of his time advancing these same principles in the private and non-profit sector. Rick has helped raise funds to support organizations like the Susan B. Anthony List, Americans United for Life, and the National Organization for Marriage. But of all his jobs, Rick is most proud of his time spent as a husband to his wife Karen and a father to their seven children – including serving as the Little League coach for their two youngest sons.

For all others, Jiro and I answered your question, that it and if you don't like our answers then it is over for you. I'm not gong waste my time to answer your irrelevant questions and you are more trolling than being civil in this thread.

Yes, they did disrupt the speech. It was a speech by a Presidential candidate, not a "love fest"....actually, why were they kissing?...Perhaps they were elated at the speech?.....or they wanted to put on a show?....Seriously, why would any couple, gay or straight, want to "make out" during a candidate's speech?...If they didn't like the candidate, or the issues he stood on, why didn't they just stay home? And kiss there?

Well, I have zero respect for Santorum and I felt that remark from gay couples were forgivable and understandable. I don't consider them as disrupt by my standard, however it is indeed disrupted by normal people.

I can't wait until all anti-gay republicans start get away with issues over gay rights. All of them need are focus on economy, fiscal, immigrant, crime, business, etc that enable Americans to have a better life. They need avoid any social issues at all charge.

Well, I have zero respect for Santorum and I felt that remark from gay couples were forgivable and understandable. I don't consider them as disrupt by my standard, however it is indeed disrupted by normal people.

I can't wait until all anti-gay republicans start get away with issues over gay rights. All of them need are focus on economy, fiscal, immigrant, crime, business, etc that enable Americans to have a better life. They need avoid any social issues at all charge.

:hmm:

There is no such thing. Same sex committed relationships are not a marriage. End of story.

Wake up your head.

It is not end of story...

Same sex marriage is existing today in some countries - some states in the USA, Canada, South Africa, Spain, capital city in Mexico, Sweden, Norway, Netherlands, Argentina and several more others.
Same-sex marriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

a (1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage <same-sex marriage>

Marriage - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

then it contradicts with your post #151

I agree,

Yes, per the definition of marriage. Those rules apply to everyone equally.

You yourself said EVERYONE, THAT simply means 100% of everyone in the US has the right to marriage - straight, gay, etc.

So your previous post contradicts with this one... make up your mind!

Second of all, who are you to deny anyone a right to marry he or she so chooses? You might be able to speak freely on it, but to blatantly say it's wrong, well thats your belief, just don't go on teaching others that it is wrong because it is a form of bullying.

I agree,

You yourself said EVERYONE, THAT simply means 100% of everyone in the US has the right to marriage - straight, gay, etc.

So your previous post contradicts with this one... make up your mind!

Second of all, who are you to deny anyone a right to marry he or she so chooses? You might be able to speak freely on it, but to blatantly say it's wrong, well thats your belief, just don't go on teaching others that it is wrong because it is a form of bullying.

The law agrees with him. See DOMA. And as Stein said those definitions are the key. People not only have the right to their opinion.....they also have the right to vote for representatives who will make laws that they approve of.

The law agrees with him. See DOMA. And as Stein said those definitions are the key. People not only have the right to their opinion.....they also have the right to vote for representatives who will make laws that they approve of.

so.... in other word - currently, gay people do not have that right to marriage as heterosexual people...

so.... in other word - currently, gay people do not have that right to marriage as heterosexual people...

Which sux. People are who they are, that can't be changed. But we can only try and hope to change the attitudes of others. It'll take a lot of time before it'll happen, so the best we can do is have patience.

DOMA was huge mistake ever and they are currently challenged in court right now and DOMA will soon goes to history.

Well, not always about representatives or voters, in some cases, gay marriage are installed by court.

Back