Poll: Support For Gay Marriage Growing

Taxes, hospital visit, immigrant, health insurance, many benefits under federal and state.

Those rights are not being denied based on sexual orientation. Did you not read the article I posted?

Those rights are not being denied based on sexual orientation. Did you not read the article I posted?

actually it does. do you not really comprehend the article?

The article that you posted isn't fact but just other anti-GLBT opinion.

For me, it is still denied.

Obviously you didn't.

I even highlighted it in blue

and you obviously misunderstood it.

I'm sorry but this statement "there is nothing stopping gay couples from signing a joint lease or owning a house jointly, as many single straight people do with roommates" is not exactly the same as married couples.

and if a gay man had a sudden medical emergency, the hospital does not recognize his SO's legal rights to make a medical decision for him unless proven with document and such. for married couples - hospital automatically recognizes husband/wife's legal rights.

so yea... not quite the same.

I'm sorry but this statement "there is nothing stopping gay couples from signing a joint lease or owning a house jointly, as many single straight people do with roommates" is not exactly the same as married couples.

and if a gay man had a sudden medical emergency, the hospital does not recognize his SO's legal rights to make a medical decision for him unless proven with document and such. for married couples - hospital automatically recognizes husband/wife's legal rights.

How would they know they were "Husband and Wife"?

Because marriage is defined as being between a man and a woman. So, yeah - same sex domestic partnerships are not the exact same thing as married couples. You got that one right.

Because marriage is defined as being between a man and a woman. So, yeah - same sex domestic partnerships are not the exact same thing as married couples. You got that one right.
ah so you're admitting that there are certain rights being denied for gay couples?

How would the hospital know that though?

not interested in this triviality. you can answer this for yourself since you've been there.

what's obvious is that hospital staff will certainly not going to recognize a gay couple's legal rights to make a medical decision.

Back