POLL: New writing section or subsection?

Do you want a new writing section or subsection for AD?

• Yes.

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • No because I am not interested.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No because people will criticize even with moderator.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • No for other reason (please explain).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Kaitin

Reaction score
Are you interested in a new section or subsection for AD about writing with questions about words, grammar, idiom, etc IF the section/subsection was not for criticism or flaming - just people asking for help and having good suggestions?

My first poll! Hope it works! :)

Last edited:
I'd be interested in seeing this happen. I think it'd be a great source for questions and helpful tips or suggestions. I say go for it!

I voted "Yes" I'm in and interested. ;)

psst. I think it'll be best if this thread is move to "Suggestion/Feedback sub-forum" ;)

Like I said, I'm willing to give this a try, so count me in....

I'm 100% for a writing helps section.

If you mean the new thread should be in the "Suggestion/Feedback" area, I think it already is, but I hope if the new sub-section is approved that it will be renamed to attract attention, such as "Writing Helps" or "Writing Q&A" or "Ask a Writing Pro."

I'd be all for it but who will be the "writing pros"?

I'd be all for it but who will be the "writing pros"?

"Pro" is probably a poor word choice on my part, Tousi. I was looking for short examples but can see that's not the best. Thanks.

I think anyone with experience or convictions in the area of the question asked or the specific help requested should post. Especially in language, lots of times passive experience (the voracious reader) has insights the professional teacher or editor misses.

I'm sure there will be differences of opinion. So many "rules" lots of us go by aren't really rules at all, just preferences. And of course English for U.K. publications differs with some points of English for U.S. publication.

It seems to me that agreement or reasonable debate over issues in open forum are better than one person's take-it-or-leave-it opinion. For me, just when when I think I've seen every twist on a point, I get re-educated.

Back