Poll for Medical

Lisa_mckee

Reaction score
Who has been refused medical treatment because they are deaf? I am fighting the system for my son. I am curious to how many others have been refused treatment too.

Never. I am curious, did they actually put it in writing that they would not treat a deaf patient?

What type of doctor or medical professional did this?

It is a state hospital for inpatient psychiatric treatment. The medical records were forwarded to my sons case worker and the part about being referred there and refused magically disappeared from his records. I have a paper that proves that this did take place and I'm in contact with the people that say they can fight it.

It is a state hospital for inpatient psychiatric treatment. The medical records were forwarded to my sons case worker and the part about being referred there and refused magically disappeared from his records. I have a paper that proves that this did take place and I'm in contact with the people that say they can fight it.

Okay. Here is a link to a facility that specializes in deaf patients.

Treatment Facility For Deaf, Hard Of Hearing, & Autistic Individuals NDA Behavioral Health System

Never, although I did have a Dr send me a really high bill For sending test results by email. I returned it and said "Sue me, I dare ya." Never heard back from them.

I know that is not just a law here in Texas. It has to be in all states I'm assuming. I'm just shocked that our of all my deaf friends and acquaintances... My son is the only one that this has happened to multiple times.

Tell the doctor that if they don't want to treat a deaf kid, you'll let everyone including BBB know. No reason to deny a service no matter what.

Back