Poll based on sign language

Which sign language(s) do you use?

• Total voters

respectyoda

Reaction score
Please use the poll above to inform us of which sign language(s) you use!

I have 3 options, good awesome high fast sign language ASL, PSE, ORAL speech lipreading!

Wirelessly posted

I use Auslan and know some ASL too

I voted, but I have to say that virtually nobody uses SEE 1 (Seeing Essential English), even if they are under the impression they do. Most of the time it's PSE.

I voted, but I have to say that virtually nobody uses SEE 1 (Seeing Essential English), even if they are under the impression they do. Most of the time it's PSE.

Going to be hard to get an accurate read on this, because most people who think they use ASL also use PSE :)

I'm learning ASL. This will be my third term in that class,ASL103. I speak English but, ASL is a cool new language for me. Having a hearing problem, thinking in speaking terms, I never thought I'd successfully be taking a language class but, I'm actually understanding and doing very well. ASL has made me very happy.

I used ASL a lot in the Deaf communities in the past. I do have some Deaf friends on the mainland mostly natives and some whites. So I am comfortable with ASL. With the hearing, I talk with them in oral. Have deaf accent.

I used PSE and oral speech. I only have one deaf best friend that I use PSE with but I communicate vocally daily.

Back