Police uncover house of horrors in Florida

Christianity has a 2000 year history that spans multiple cultures. Thus throughout those millinia it has aquired various symbols whithin it., to represent various ideas and notiins. The cross indeed is a christin symbol, so is the fish, for catholics who are rather rich in symbolism they have a wealth of other symbols to represent certain aspects. The sacred heart is one, the stygmta is another. The rose for mary is another. Protestantism is a new kid on the block, (looking at a time line, form 1 A.D. to the reformation...is a span of close.to 1500 years give or take. and thus doesnt posses the same variety of symbols as older varients do. The pentagram was a christian symbol and accepted as one for most the midde ages and the renassance through the enlightenment in euroope. This only began to change in the 19 century when it began to be superceded by other symbols in main stream christianity, thus its other use, the occult use continued. And now generally is only used as an occult symbol. Or as a religious symbol in neo pagan religions ie wicca. The cross, is also a duel symbol. It is a christian symbol as well as a very deep and very much used occult symbol in almost all magick of the western esotaric tradition. Besides ogdoadic and neo pagan forms of it. Both the cross and the pentagram pre date christianity, (anybfirst year egyptology course makes this rather clear, the archeological record is extant.). though these synbols once fused with christianity aquired different meanings to christians. The ankh of egypt is an example of a pre christian use of a cross, the pentagram was used in pythagarian phiosophy and in some varients of neo platonism prior to the acendency of christianity in Roman empire.
OK, I'll rephrase.

As a born-again Christian, I was referring to other born-again Christians from the time of Pentecost until today. I don't include other cults or sects or religions that merely adopted the Christian title. True Christianity doesn't use magic or believe in symbols for any occult use. The simple, empty cross is a reminder of what Christ did for mankind. We don't worship it or use it for anything other than a reminder and identification. The fish is used for identification as Christians, no magic or worship.

Be that as it may. Im simply awnswering your question what other religions use it. Wicca is not a satanic faith. It doesnt even claim to be, it is true satanic and lucifarian (there is a difference) adherents use the inverted pentagram, other faiths like wica use it right side up. Satanist alao use the inverted cross,
I understand the differences. From the Christian viewpoint, all those religions are of Satan, even if they aren't categorized as satanic worship.

Until we have more evedence, indeed who knows.
Yep.

[

OK, I'll rephrase.

As a born-again Christian, I was referring to other born-again Christians from the time of Pentecost until today. I don't include other cults or sects or religions that merely adopted the Christian title. True Christianity doesn't use magic or believe in symbols for any occult use. The simple, empty cross is a reminder of what Christ did for mankind. We don't worship it or use it for anything other than a reminder and identification. The fish is used for identification as Christians, no magic or worship.
p.
Well, the cross simple or ornate, was used and is still used in magick, by christians. They may not be of your sect,but there is no denying the cross is used by them. Some very powerfull magus of magick where christians. Christ is even held by many to be the greatest magus of all..
Also it is accepted and well documented in the archeological record that the cross is a simbol that pre dates christianity..as stated the ankh is a very wide spread example of this. The fish isnt used in magick, i was merely pointing out that christians do hold more then one symbol.

I understand the differences. From the Christian viewpoint, all those religions are of Satan, even if they aren't categorized as satanic worship.

Sure. But to gain a better understanding of other faiths we need to look at them through their eyes. While your sect of christianity holds this. other faiths such as wicca do not hold that model or discourse. (Im not a wiccan by the way, but im very fimilar with it)
Anyway....lest the thread gets locked, best to keep this very interesting and enjoyable conversation in check, per the rules. Or to pm....

Well, the cross simple or ornate, was used and is still used in magick, by christians. They may not be of your sect,but there is no denying the cross is used by them. Some very powerfull magus of magick where christians. Christ is even held by many to be the greatest magus of all..
Christ Jesus was NOT a magician/magus; God doesn't need to use magic. Sorcery is condemned in the Bible.

. . .
Anyway....lest the thread gets locked, best to keep this very interesting and enjoyable conversation in check, per the rules. Or to pm....
I don't find this conversation at all enjoyable but, as you have pointed out, I should follow the rules.

[

Christ Jesus was NOT a magician/magus; God doesn't need to use magic. Sorcery is condemned in the Bible.
es.

Im merely pointing out, some, do consider him as such, and have thoughout the centuries. Thus is one reason the cross is h
heavily used in occult science, by certain initiative organizations, and or initiated people, and or magai.

I don't find this conversation at all enjoyable but, as you have pointed out, I should follow the rules.

Fair enough

Back