Police: Mom Blamed Son In Hit-And-Run

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Detectives Say Woman Told Them 15-Year-Old Was Responsible For Accident

JACKSONVILLE BEACH, Fla. -- A Jacksonville Beach mom was arrested and accused of trying to blame her teenage son for a crime that police said she committed.

Detectives said Jacquelyn Tinsley told them that her 15-year-old was responsible for a hit-and-run accident.

"It's unbelievable. I couldn't imagine anyone doing that to their own son," Sgt. Tom Bingham said.

According to a police report, Tinsley drove threw a stop sign at the intersection of Beach Boulevard and Second Street. She hit a car carrying three people inside and pushed their car into a light pole, according to the report.

Police said Tinsley immediately drove home and forced her son to help cover up the crime.

Video: Police: 15-Year-Old Tells Truth

"She was worried about going to jail because she has a suspended license," Bingham said. "So when she got home, she made the 15-year-old son drive the vehicle about 10 blocks away to the public boat ramp."

Tinsley called police to say her van had been stolen, according to the report. The report says when officers got to her home, they noticed she had been drinking and her story didn't add up.

Police said the woman's son eventually confessed and took police to the boat ramp, where they found the van. He told authorities that his mom didn't want to get in trouble, according to the report.

Police said witnesses who saw the crash said Tinsley was behind the wheel, and along with other physical evidence, Tinsley was arrested, but not before she tried to put the blame on her own child.

"The mom said, 'Absolutely not. It was all his fault. I had nothing to do with it,'" Bingham said.

Officers said the three people inside the car that was hit are OK.

Tinsley is in jail with bond set at $78,000.

Police: Mom Blamed Son In Hit-And-Run - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

Oh boy. I don't even want to think what their relationship will be like.

I hear ya deafskeptic....sheesh.

I think it's safe to say things are a bit 'different' now between them.

She was drinking, had a suspended license. Trying to blame the son. What a lovely Mother!! :roll:

Now with the mother in Jail perhaps, the 15 year old has a chance to be an upstanding adult when he grows up.

Way to go!

She just got the mother-of-the-year award!

NOT!

Back