Police: Missouri man secretly exposed partner, and maybe 300 others, to HIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
but...evil is not to be tolerated which is why we have a system...a flaw one though....

Like I said before, both parties are guilty!

There doesn't need to be any profanity. If you say it is wrong for this man to expose people to HIV which could kill them then it is equally wrong for the judicial system to put this man to death. This is why we do not requite evil for evil.

i dont totally disagree with you and i would been disapointed if my son had slept around he did not and he was brought up athiest and he still is...what you percieve as morals is order that humans need to live by or humanity die out as many pre-histoic tribes did die out..as grum says will always be flaws just have to live and we dont preach as it seems most relgious groups do to disasterest effect...i not accusing anyone on here it a generalization on relgious

There doesn't need to be any profanity. If you say it is wrong for this man to expose people to HIV which could kill them then it is equally wrong for the judicial system to put this man to death. This is why we do not requite evil for evil.

You say it your way I say it mine. So, putting him in prison to spread the disease rather than removing him is just fine? This isn't star wars dude.:roll:

this not first time this happened i may not have all the facts i think man did it here he was had for grivious body harm and a guy in italy or greece did same i not sure of outcome

If you believe that, then what should be done to them? :hmm:

In the eyes of the law (we are a nation of laws), the only one who can be prosecuted is the one who knowingly exposed his sexual partners to a deadly disease.

No comparison, whatsoever.

The man committed a felony action on people who had no knowledge of his HIV status. I don't argue that what the victims did was wise or right but in this case it wasn't illegal. He knowingly broke the law. If he is found guilty thru due process, then he has to pay the penalty.

Carrying out due process of our laws, as established by our Constitution, is not "evil" barring any corruption of the process by participants.

but...evil is not to be tolerated which is why we have a system...a flaw one though....

Yes, the human based judicial system has always been full of flaws. This is because man has the tendency to lean to their own understanding and as a result, make many erroneous judgments.

You say it your way I say it mine. So, putting him in prison to spread the disease rather than removing him is just fine? This isn't star wars dude.:roll:

Putting this man in prison for his crime is appropriate because he is to be separated from the general population. Putting him to death, however, is not appropriate. This is because we all are human beings. We do not have power over our fellow human beings and our fellow human beings do not have power over us either. We all should coexist together in peace. We are the only species that kill each other!

If you believe that, then what should be done to them? :hmm:

In the eyes of the law (we are a nation of laws), the only one who can be prosecuted is the one who knowingly exposed his sexual partners to a deadly disease.

No comparison, whatsoever.

The man committed a felony action on people who had no knowledge of his HIV status. I don't argue that what the victims did was wise or right but in this case it wasn't illegal. He knowingly broke the law. If he is found guilty thru due process, then he has to pay the penalty.

Carrying out due process of our laws, as established by our Constitution, is not "evil" barring any corruption of the process by participants.

These unfortunate people who possibly have contracted HIV/AIDS may not be judged by the US government in a court of law, but they nonetheless will be judged for their actions.

There's so many flaws with the US Constitution and other laws government on the national, state, and local levels have enacted. For instance, the US Constitution allows for the freedom of speech which is otherwise known as the First Amendment, however, there had to be an addendum barring people from saying "Fire" in a movie theater! Another obvious flaw is stating that the US Government will not enforce a certain religion and this was created because the founding fathers were in a country where the King & Queen enforced a religion. Although many people like this law, it has only created and spread confusion across the country. Of course, confusion is not a good thing!

your consitution seem to me needs be brought up to date with rest of world.some of it crazy,my opinion and i know i get shot down for saying it

respectyoda;2235659[COLOR=Green said:
There's so many flaws with the US Constitution and other laws government on the national, state, and local levels have enacted. For instance, the US Constitution allows for the freedom of speech which is otherwise known as the First Amendment, however, there had to be an addendum barring people from saying "Fire" in a movie theater! Another obvious flaw is stating that the US Government will not enforce a certain religion and this was created because the founding fathers were in a country where the King & Queen enforced a religion. Although many people like this law, it has only created and spread confusion across the country. Of course, confusion is not a good thing! [/COLOR]
IMO, there were many flaws in the past (especially before JFK became the US President). In those times, Blacks were not treated equally, gay people hid in the closet and such. Today it's getting better than before. Example: Legalize gay marriage, more equality rights for minorities, women and people with disabilities, etc. Who create flaws currently? Republicans, of course.

There is no maybe that the people this asshole infected will die...they WILL die from this disease. This guy KNEW what he was doing this and THAT is premeditated murder. Pretty sure thats what he'll be charged with too..HUNDREDS of counts of premeditated attempted murder. Who says he's going to be put in solitary confinement? I guarantee this guy will end up dead in no time once he's put in prison. Guards will turn a blind eye while some other inmates make short work of this guy. Whether the state kills him or the prisoners kill him...either way he is dead.

IMO, there were many flaws in the past (especially before JFK became the US President). In those times, Blacks were not treated equally, gay people hid in the closet and such. Today it's getting better than before. Example: Legalize gay marriage, more equality rights for minorities, women and people with disabilities, etc. Who create flaws currently? Republicans, of course.

Flaws will always be inherent in man. Of course, there are laws that has helped many in good ways such as those with disabilities, but there are laws that are not good such as legalizing gay marriage. This is why the world is getting worse and worse!

Obviously you have no idea how the judicial system works. For a law to be passed, it has to clear both the House of Representatives AND the Senate. Republicans and Democrats BOTH make up these two groups!

Last edited by a moderator:

Most republicans support disability rights, but some do support gay marriage.

Based on my belief, gay marriage is acceptable, also I'm not Christian.

Oh, did you read my reply at GLBT Lounge?

NJ governor is upset with the ruling by the state judge regarding gay marriage. The governor is a Republican. Nothing new!

Yes, the human based judicial system has always been full of flaws. This is because man has the tendency to lean to their own understanding and as a result, make many erroneous judgments.
No, our justice system is not "full of flaws." Not being perfect is not the same as being "full of flaws."

Putting this man in prison for his crime is appropriate because he is to be separated from the general population. Putting him to death, however, is not appropriate. This is because we all are human beings. We do not have power over our fellow human beings and our fellow human beings do not have power over us either. We all should coexist together in peace. We are the only species that kill each other!
We should but we don't. Therefore, we need laws, which include penalties when they're broken. We do have power delegated to us to carry out our laws.

No, we aren't the only species that kill each other.

These unfortunate people who possibly have contracted HIV/AIDS may not be judged by the US government in a court of law, but they nonetheless will be judged for their actions.
If they don't have a Mediator.

There's so many flaws with the US Constitution and other laws government on the national, state, and local levels have enacted. For instance, the US Constitution allows for the freedom of speech which is otherwise known as the First Amendment, however, there had to be an addendum barring people from saying "Fire" in a movie theater! Another obvious flaw is stating that the US Government will not enforce a certain religion and this was created because the founding fathers were in a country where the King & Queen enforced a religion. Although many people like this law, it has only created and spread confusion across the country. Of course, confusion is not a good thing!
I think you better study the Constitution more deeply before you make such pronouncements, if you don't want to look foolish (although that is your First Amendment right). Especially look for "addendum." :roll:

your consitution seem to me needs be brought up to date with rest of world.some of it crazy,my opinion and i know i get shot down for saying it
We have an amendment process included in our Constitution, so it doesn't need updating. :)

I'm not going to shoot you down. Since the Revolution, we've run our country, and you've run yours.

:laugh2:

I find your defense on the vile man is quite appalling. Why do you want to defend that man and blame those women? Nobody should make any slut-slamming comments here. It's no difference from rape-victim blaming.

Whatever women's actions did were none of your damn business! Let them enjoy their sexual pleasures if they want to. Not everyone live by the Bible, you know.

Those victims deserves to have a 'clean' sex if they want to. The man didn't care but to screw them up, which is so immoral.

Oh, did you read my reply at GLBT Lounge?

NJ governor is upset with the ruling by the state judge regarding gay marriage. The governor is a Republican. Nothing new!

Yes, NJ governor is different story.

Ex-governor Arnold in California support gay marriage, also is Dick Cheney.

I am sorry to hear that you believe gay marriage is acceptable. Gay marriage & homosexuality is an abomination. Homosexuality goes against how our bodies were created.

Think about this scenario. There's an island with a gigantic mountainous range that divides the island in two areas. On one side there's lesbians and on the other side gays. Now, either group cannot visit the other because the mountainous range is very steep and impossible to climb. Now, what happens after ten, fifty, hundred years? Both populations will be on the decline without a slight increase!

No, our justice system is not "full of flaws." Not being perfect is not the same as being "full of flaws."

If something is not perfect then it has at least one flaw!

We should but we don't. Therefore, we need laws, which include penalties when they're broken. We do have power delegated to us to carry out our laws.

There are laws for a reason - to establish order. Unfortunately, with many of the laws that man has created, it has only created more chaos.

From one Christian to another, Bible Slapping people isn't going to get the message across always. Pray for others if they don't hold your opinion and you can preach to them, yes, but the manner you are coming across is going to get people irritated.

Secondly, I agree with Reba's posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back